Autumn DLC Speculation

Woodland animal pack I could see as a Potential pack. Forests seem to be perfect for autumn in my opinion. A nocturnal scenery pack I really could See for the Winter DLC as winter is the dark time of the year. So the topic would fit even if the animals are from warmer regions.

Would also bet on Forests/Jungles pack animal pack for autumn. Two last DLC highlighted most wanted animals from meta wishlist first Capybara and now Leopard so I bet the Tassie would be next.

Jungle pack:
Tasmanian devil
Red River hog
Sloth
Fossa
Tree kangaroo
Coati
Mantled guereza

Honorable mentions:
Howler monkey

Last edited:
2022 doesn’t seem to be about theme consistency for Frontier, so I’m personally not putting much value on the whole “a season’s weather = a biome pack” route. For example, neither Wetlands or the Conservation pack are based around PZ’s in-game biomes. And the Conservation Pack’s animal species have little to no biome consistency. Two of the four habitat species are from cold climate regions and the other two are from equal extremes, one being the African desert and the other Asia’s tropical rainforests. The only sense of biome consistency that can be drawn from the Conservation Pack is its undertones of agriculture/sustainability that can be seen in its plant and building piece selections (with agriculture/sustainability often being linked to sunny, grassland environments).

All this said, I genuinely have no clue what to expect for this coming fall or winter. The evidence seems to show Frontier isn’t overly concerned with keeping things predictable (if anything it shows they now want to keeps things surprising, which I for one appreciate).

I do feel though that there are certain themes that feel less likely now. For example, between the Wetlands and Conservation Packs, most of Asia’s heavily-requested species are now in-game. So I don’t find the odds of a “Greater Asia” Pack or something similar nearly as likely as I did a year ago.

Honestly, I’m still surprised we got a Conservation-related DLC this early on in the year. I was really expecting Frontier to use something like this as PZ’s final DLC, as it could function as a “catch-all” for whatever popular species were still left by the end of support. It’ll be interesting to see how they handle things moving forward, as they consistently implement species from the top of our community meta-list. While I’m happy they do this, it also makes me wonder how they will continue to create packs with a good selection of highly-requested species, while also avoiding flying and fully-aquatic species (which is pretty obvious that they are, and I’m not bashing on them for it either. Have a feeling their trying to save some stuff for a potential PZ2). I’m sure they’ll figure something out though, its certain that they already have for the remainder of this year at least. Excited to see what the future holds!

Jungle pack:
Tasmanian devil
Red River hog
Sloth
Fossa
Tree kangaroo
Coati
Mantled guereza
Now that's a beautiful looking pack. I'd love to see something like this. Follow it up with a desert pack to end the year (unlikely, I know) for emu, baboon, dromedary, and a wildcard and I think we'd cover most of the most notable missing species.

Now that's a beautiful looking pack. I'd love to see something like this. Follow it up with a desert pack to end the year (unlikely, I know) for emu, baboon, dromedary, and a wildcard and I think we'd cover most of the most notable missing species.
True, general Plains pack would be amazing for December with:

Maned wolf
Emu
Porcupine
Wombat or Baboon

with Dromedary as the anniversary animal in September.

I'm of the mind that an Oceania Animal Pack is more possible than before the Conservation Pack was confirmed, since the absence of the Tasmanian Devil in that pack raises some eyebrows (mainly mine)
1. Tasmanian Devil - Flagship animal
2. Emu
3. Bennett's Wallaby
4. Common Wombat
5. Goodfellow's Tree-Kangaroo
6. Little Blue Penguin
7. North Island Brown Kiwi
E. Tuatara

I'm of the mind that an Oceania Animal Pack is more possible than before the Conservation Pack was confirmed, since the absence of the Tasmanian Devil in that pack raises some eyebrows (mainly mine)
1. Tasmanian Devil - Flagship animal
2. Emu
3. Bennett's Wallaby
4. Common Wombat
5. Goodfellow's Tree-Kangaroo
6. Little Blue Penguin
7. North Island Brown Kiwi
E. Tuatara
I would happily pay double the normal price for that pack - I’d probably replace the penguin with a lyre bird but the penguin does give NZ some extra representation which would be nice.

I would hope for an Oceania animal pack next. I think a Tasmanian devil has to be soon.

One of the things I appreciate about this year so far is getting animals from different parts of the world but an animal pack with an emu, kiwi, Tasmanian devil, little penguin and more plus a tuatara exhibit animal would make my year.

Wombat would get my vote for the wildcard. (To the surprise of no one lol)
Screenshot_20220609-074636-397.png

Top Bottom