Patch Notes Update Beta 2.2 - Update 2

• Reduced FSD boost from jet cones to 25% (This will be subject to further balancing!)

Hope you guys are open to making it more than 300%. Even if every star in the game was a neutron star, the need to replot at each jump would still take longer than just plotting a single fast route from A to B.

Why should any station in its right mind allow fighting anywhere near it? 0.o

Stations should most definitely be places where pilots can be rest assured that as bringers of wealth, materials, and commerce, in return they will be protected by the station and station security!

Yes! Agreed..

Can anyone confirm whether the 10% costs for Beta applies to the ship transfer fees?

EDIT: just tried it and the transfer was instantaneous. Is that a Beta feature, or a bug?

FURTHER EDIT: ship has not arrived, despite message. Presumably message is bugged.

Last edited:
I can login again, that's not to say with certainty that this issue is over. You better try yourself.

Same here.

Just an observation not really a bug, now that the emerging from witchspace into a new system has been aligned with the direction you are traveling, the next system in line will very often, if not almost always be behind the sun. It's not a big problem for explorers but people in a hurry somewhere and not scooping will find it inconvenient.

Mining lasers no longer damage cargo hatches. I used to use that since 2.1 to drain cargo holds more effectively than any beam laser turret or puny hatch breaker ever could. Damnit.

Actually, nevermind. That still works. But NPCs will now reboot their power plants (though not always).

Last edited:
Same here.

Just an observation not really a bug, now that the emerging from witchspace into a new system has been aligned with the direction you are traveling, the next system in line will very often, if not almost always be behind the sun. It's not a big problem for explorers but people in a hurry somewhere and not scooping will find it inconvenient.

I must admit I had concerns over this when I read about it in the change log. If, as I understand, it's a change to make it that when you're jumping along a route, you always emerge at a star with the system you just jumped from behind you and the system you're jumping to in front of you, then it strikes me as a "fix" for something that really didn't need "fixing". Did anyone actually have a problem with the randomness of the orientation of the next target when emerging from witchspace? I know I didn't and indeed, when doing something like a Buckyball race, that randomness adds one of the few bits of piloting that's required in a multi-jump race course. Are we just dumbing down travel to a simple wait and then press jump again mechanic?

Last edited:
Can anyone confirm whether the 10% costs for Beta applies to the ship transfer fees?

EDIT: just tried it and the transfer was instantaneous. Is that a Beta feature, or a bug?

FURTHER EDIT: ship has not arrived, despite message. Presumably message is bugged.

Also in the map it shows ships in old locations. Someone please confirm this.

I must admit I had concerns over this when I read about it in the change log. If, as I understand, it's a change to make it that when you're jumping along a route, you always emerge at a star with the system you just jumped from behind you and the system you're jumping to in front of you, then it strikes me as a "fix" for something that really didn't need "fixing". Did anyone actually have a problem with the randomness of the orientation of the next target when emerging from witchspace? I know I didn't and indeed, when doing something like a Buckyball race, that randomness adds one of the few bits of piloting that's required in a multi-jump race course. Are we just dumbing down travel to a simple wait and then press jump again mechanic?

Yes that seems to be the case, I am out past jaques with a 17ly jump range and almost all my next jumps are somewhere behind the star unless it's small dwarf star, at which times it can sometimes be near the edge. However considering the geometry here, the longer the jump range the more likely your next jump point will be behind the star because the deflection angle for a star not directly in front of you will be less. If it had been like this from the start it would have been fine, no issues but people will find little inconveniences to complain about. If you are scooping not a problem, you can scoop away while rounding the star, but if you are racing?

This new mechanic makes sense when you look at it, it's exactly how it should have been, but people are people. Now off to make a bug report :D

hmmm updated my client when I got home from work (about an hour ago from this post timestamp) after downloading the beta last night, as I was way out in the boondocks >50K LY from the bubble, I tried to access the system map, just sat there indefinitely 'loading' the map... so shut down the client and restart, try again same problem... ohhhkay, shutdown restart the client, self destruct back to the bubble... sweet that works... buy a gunship, fit it out for some passenger missions, browsing the mission list... then get a connection error... okay... log back in and go again... another connection error, and now it is telling me my client is too old and I have to update my client... yet in the launcher there is no upgrade option only the option to play Elite Dangerous 1.7 Beta 2 64 bit even after restarting the launcher.

I am gonna take a stab in the dark and guess that the server is hosed...

Will try the horizons beta 2.2 and see how that goes

Last edited:
Keep getting "client too old"-message this morning...

I just got that - I clicked "Verify game files" on the launcher and the game seems to be updating...

*edit And now it seems to be working

*edit 2 And now it's not.

Last edited:
Top Bottom