Patch Notes Update Beta 2.2 - Update 4

Unfortunately, I won't be able to test it myself before tomorrow, hence (out of pure curiosity and impatience):

- Are the stretched faces (in large resolutions and in VR) fixed? It wasn't mentioned in the patch notes but was announced for beta 4.
- Were the distorted jets fixed in VR? (This wasnt announced for beta 4 so I don't expect it. But sometimes, some minor fixes are 'sneaked in'.)

I don't see how 'classified scan databanks' could be mis-translated into 'hafnium', but uh, yeah. I'm going to go with that! :)

Maybe it has something to do with how "defenses" and "limpets" were translated into "pulse lasers" and "beam lasers" ?:) - because that is exactly what is said in that picture from RU version:)

w00tles ECM key binding... and about damn time too...

Means I can fire ecm without having to cycle fire groups.... which means.. ECM could be useful instead of going off shortly after 4 seekers have blown out your thrusters

Bill

"Hurry up and get it out of beta" :D

Javert

Volunteer Moderator
Removed VR Missions on platforms that don't support VR

I didn't know there were VR-specific missions. What kind of missions can you do with VR?

There is a new VR training mission for training on how to use the VR goggles. What they mean is that if you don't have a Vive or Rift, you won't see these missions appearing.

This does not mean that there are special missions only for VR, nor does it mean that VR training mission has been removed for everybody (I've seen that confusion on this thread as well).

Last edited:
Removed VR Missions on platforms that don't support VR

I didn't know there were VR-specific missions. What kind of missions can you do with VR?

That only applies for training missions. You get a "mission" where you can fly freely to make yourself comfortable with controls in VR. A bit of fighting, jumping to another system and flying around an installation. Not extra VR missions are in the main game.

There is a new VR training mission for training on how to use the VR goggles. What they mean is that if you don't have a Vive or Rift, you won't see these missions appearing.

This does not mean that there are special missions only for VR, nor does it mean that VR training mission has been removed for everybody (I've seen that confusion on this thread as well).

Got it, training missions....

Lots of sneaky improvements in this beta, around FSD interstellar jump - full thumbs up how it works now. Liking improvements in passengers missions UI too.

And mine. Another vote for "please DON'T center the hyperspace exit with the arriving star" here. In fact I'd go further and say "please don't even align hyperspace exit with next jump target, leave exit trajectory random as in pre-2.2" ... but I know I'm in a minority on this one so I'll let it go.

Can't give you MORE rep but agreed.

Top Bottom