Patch Notes Update Beta 2.2 - Update 7

Something like the Wavescanner for the ship would be nice, but then again, the Wavescanner has like 5km range, which is a liiiittle short in space XD

Though a wavescanner (visual) like response for honked planets in the mapview would be nice, illogical due to range but hey, we have enough portions in the game following the rules of "SCREW YOU LOGIC!" :D
Like a radial spectrum visualizer around the selection circle maybe?

I think you should be able to get an engineer upgrade for the "Advanced Discovery Scanner", so that you could scan the whole system and get the textured surface maps ...

Only if the Advanced Discovery Scanner is changed beforehand to not be an all present god like it currently is.

Last edited:
Does it help to have the beta already installed or does the 2.2 download from the start again once the save is cleared?

Starts again.

However, there's nothing stopping you copying over the files from the 2.2 beta client into your main branch client beforehand so the file validation check picks up less file discrepancies that need to be resolved.

Last edited:
Starts again.

However, there's nothing stopping you copying over the files from the 2.2 beta client into your main branch client beforehand so the file validation check picks up less file discrepancies that need to be resolved.

It used to be that way, but not any more. Provided you have "Enable Cache Check" and "Enable Virtual Cache" turned on in the launcher's Options menu, nowadays it is smart about not re-downloading files that are already present in the beta directory. (I tested this when 2.1 went live.)

It used to be that way, but not any more. Provided you have "Enable Cache Check" and "Enable Virtual Cache" turned on in the launcher's Options menu, nowadays it is smart about not re-downloading files that are already present in the beta directory. (I tested this when 2.1 went live.)

That's good news thank you.

Nice. If now they'll get it done so that you don't even need to re-download the launcher every once in a while it'd be awesome :p

Only reason I play ED over steam, so I don't have to bother with updating the stupid launcher >.<

Ah fair enough. I made the transition over to Steam quite some time back so the bulk of the updates are downloaded via Steam for me, so sadly means the full acquisition is required unless a manual C&P of the beta files is done.

Personally I'm willing to take that extra hassle once or twice every 7 months over headaches I had downloading anything using the games own launcher which takes <bleeping> forever to 'Check manifest' or whatever that initial phase is called before it'll even start doing any kind downloading of updates.

Last edited:
Are we supposed to see destination star type in the hud, or has that not been fixed yet? I'm in 2.2.07 for the first time way out from the bubble and they are not showing

Are we supposed to see destination star type in the hud, or has that not been fixed yet? I'm in 2.2.07 for the first time way out from the bubble and they are not showing
They should show in a message that pops up in the info panel on the right side when you initiate a jump.

Honestly, I would prefer star types to appear in the status box in the centre of the HUD, too. The info messages disappear quickly and there’s no way to recall them, so it’s easy to miss them.

Last edited:
They should show in a message that pops up in the info panel on the right side when you initiate a jump.

Honestly, I would prefer star types to appear in the status box in the centre of the HUD, too. The info messages disappear quickly and there’s no way to recall them, so it’s easy to miss them.

I totally agree. Have some rep

I think you should be able to get an engineer upgrade for the "Advanced Discovery Scanner", so that you could scan the whole system and get the textured surface maps ...

I want an engineer upgrade for the Basic discovery scanner that shows the dark spheres just like the beta 7 ADS. ;)

I'm quite new to the game, so forgive me if I'm wrong and if this has been mentioned before. But with regard to the system maps:

You go around the galaxy scanning systems, and then return to the bubble and sell this information to Universal Cartographics. Is anything much done with this data by them? If not, in future releases of the game, would it maybe be possible to purchase this information so that the more detailed information (such as surface maps) on each system is available to explorers if they've bought it?

Top Bottom