Patch Notes Update Beta 2 update incoming (1.6/2.1)

Finally got the friends out of the house and the kids to bed...PLEASE BE QUICK!!!! :D

The little I've played so far is awesome! Little touches everywhere! Feel like a new game! :cool:

I'll second that. It's like when your significant other comes home with a spring in their step, an amazing new haircut and a huge smile on their face.

Any idea how long the servers will be down for?

Edit: Huh? The installer auto-upgrades for you now? Nice.

Last edited:
Fantastic effort.

+1 to all you guys, I'm sure Brett can arrange that. :)

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Argh...wife wants to go out for dinner after work....WHHHYYYYY!!!!!

You can live through us vivaciously whilst you enjoy good food with the woman you love. :D

Huh, I'm getting a greyed out Upgrade butrton so I can't update to Beta 2, anyone else sen this or any of the devs have a solution? ^^;

My launcher update button for beta 2 is gray. I cannot update my client.

I had this too... Actually I had it with beta 1 too, but it was because it was detecting the old 2.0 beta client - removed the directories and it let me install - but I don't really want to do a full download again :D

You guys are just the best, also just happens i have a day off work today (Friday) so a day full of beta fun for me :D

New record for me on beta1 - I had just finished loading the game and opened the galactic map when the "5 minutes" warning came. Effective playtime in beta1: 30 seconds! :D

Just updated to beta2 and will try again. Thanks to the devs for working late.

Animator-Jonny

Frontier Animator
Frontier
Hey everyone, If you are using steam and seeing the greyed out ‘Upgrade’ button via the launcher, this is how you resolve the issue;

1. Right click Elite Dangerous in your Steam library
2. Select ‘Properties’
3. Go to the ‘Local Files’ tab
4. Select ‘Browse Local Files’
5. Select the EDLaunch.exe
6. Login if required
7. Select Elite Dangerous: Horizons – Engineers Beta [2.1]
8. Witness how the Upgrade button is now blue and ready to ‘Upgrade’
9. Select the ‘Upgrade’ button and you should be good to go

It's hard to know for sure without more info, but fingers crossed it does!

Sadly the Hyperspace hanging is still very much there I'm assuming this is down to physical numbers on the servers?

The galaxy map crashes do seem to have settled down.

Top Bottom