Patch Notes Update Beta 2 update incoming (1.6/2.1)

Hi Commanders,

A patch is incoming, at around 8:45pm (BST), with the following fixes:

Crash fixes:
- Crash when attempting to enter Supercruise after scanning a nav beacon
- Fix for crash found in wear and tear component
- Fixed frequent server crash

General:
- Missing collision audio when hitting SRV and Skimmer wreckage with an SRV
- Corvette shield not being in the correct place
- Some planet side POI’s spawning under ground
- General improvements to NPC visuals and their backgrounds
- Engineer invite missions not appearing
- Planet dust VFX now matches terrain colour
- Unable to use mouse input on OSX

Thanks,
Adam

Adam,

I think you guys should open the beta for everyone - it is a LOT of stuff to test! I'm a beta, but seriously - this 2.1 has a LOT (and I mean a HUGE amount) of new stuff to be tested. We could use extra hands testing everything. It would be a win-win situation. What do you think?

Hey everyone, If you are using steam and seeing the greyed out ‘Upgrade’ button via the launcher, this is how you resolve the issue;

1. Right click Elite Dangerous in your Steam library
2. Select ‘Properties’
3. Go to the ‘Local Files’ tab
4. Select ‘Browse Local Files’
5. Select the EDLaunch.exe
6. Login if required
7. Select Elite Dangerous: Horizons – Engineers Beta [2.1]
8. Witness how the Upgrade button is now blue and ready to ‘Upgrade’
9. Select the ‘Upgrade’ button and you should be good to go

Thanks Jonny, any idea why it's happening? - confirmed working by the way :)

Last edited:
Adam,

I think you guys should open the beta for everyone - it is a LOT of stuff to test! I'm a beta, but seriously - this 2.1 has a LOT (and I mean a HUGE amount) of new stuff to be tested. We could use extra hands testing everything. It would be a win-win situation. What do you think?

Some of us who paid the extra for exclusive beta access could be sour I guess. I would not be, the more test data and feedback you get the better the game for everyone. There is a massive changelog to work through testing.

Hey everyone, If you are using steam and seeing the greyed out ‘Upgrade’ button via the launcher, this is how you resolve the issue;

2. Select ‘Properties’
6. Login if required

the workaround is leaving me stuck at preparing for update. Been 15 minutes so far. should I leave it longer?

Update: after 30 minutes is started the download :D

Last edited:
Great work, I was crashing to desktop everytime I opened the galaxy map before this mini patch
Thanks for the extra effort

2. Select ‘Properties’
6. Login if required

Thanks Jonny :)

For people having greyed out 'Upgrade' button. Use method posted by Jonny. After that you can just start launcher normally through steam and click play. You won't have to start it from folder after that.

Some of us who paid the extra for exclusive beta access could be sour I guess. I would not be, the more test data and feedback you get the better the game for everyone. There is a massive changelog to work through testing.

It's a catch 22; whilst I agree the more testers the better, if access to beta became free for all then former beta subscribers would stop paying (understandably), and Frontier would lose the funding. This in-turn might affect the work they do to fix all the bugs.

Last edited:
No idea what is going on here , isnt the game in Beta for everyone ? When will i be able to update to 1.6 or 2.1? (i have elite dangerous + horizons on pc- non steam) The launcher still tells me i have 2.0.09 and there is no option in the lower section of the launcher to update anything. Nothing changed ingame compared to last week . Is this patch not finished yet ?

No idea what is going on here , isnt the game in Beta for everyone ? When will i be able to update to 1.6 or 2.1? (i have elite dangerous + horizons on pc- non steam) The launcher still tells me i have 2.0.09 and there is no option in the lower section of the launcher to update anything. Nothing changed ingame compared to last week . Is this patch not finished yet ?

No, people had to pay for beta access (or for the all expansion pass) in order for them to have access to beta. I have access because of kickstarting to the beta level (and having the all expansion pass). They might start selling beta passes again, like they did at the beta for 2.0, but I haven't got any information about that.

Last edited:

The feedback and data they will get through the current people who have access is already more than they probably can handle. More people doesn't mean better testing. The bottleneck is the amount of devs, not the amount of players. The exception would be if they wanted to do server load tests, but at this point they should have a pretty good feel for that anyway.

I'm a premium beta backer and can't see the option for installing the beta 2.1 :/ First time that I haven't the opportunity to install a beta.

Last edited:
Just spent 4+ hours downloading Engineers beta, restarted launcher, no option for Engineers.
Clearly the beta download is not idiot proof....

5 minutes later...Just played missions, crashed on first jump.
I think I'll stick to the tested versions.

Last edited:
I'm a premium beta backer and can't see the option for installing the beta 2.1 :/ First time that I haven't the opportunity to install a beta.

You also need to upgrade to the new launcher from the Frontier store to see the new beta option,
its in a list at the bottom - you need to scroll down as said before its approx 5th option on the list.

Last edited:
Top Bottom