Game Discussions Bethesda Softworks Starfield Space RPG

I'm currently playing Matters of the Hart storyline (cropped up while trying to find the last three skill magazines), but I'm not getting Valerie's syndicate forces spawning. Anybody found a fix?

I've tried hopping to other places on the planet and going back...two dropships landed but no soldiers appearing from them so at an impasse. I'm wondering if it occured because I think I found Valerie's Cache site while doing a full galaxy exploration trip, so I found it before starting the mission with Coe and Cora. The site is marked as explored (I've cleared out the few gangsters that were left in the nearby former military base there).
I had a bit of trouble them wandering off but no spawning issues. I reloaded a save and completed it on a second attempt but that might not work in your case?

I just hope it will release at all. I'm worried that all the negativity around the game will ultimately make Microsoft pull the plug on both the creation kit and the DLC. Meanwhile I'm having fun building my M-class. I've already poured 5 million credits into it and will need another 2 million until it's complete. Today I've altered and optimized the interior. It's a flying small city. And I've "only" used 12x3x6 space, I have more to play with in that huge shell, but there is no point. I love how the bugs in this game even allow me to show my biggest ship to date and the current work in progress side by side. The Frontier on the right side is already a 112m ship.View attachment 383537
Negativity? Just look at other games on steam. It's become the norm. Steam forums have largely become unusable and I've stopped doing so. And when you look there is a very suspicious number of the gender and wokism fighters there. Now I think that topic can irritate people a lot, but it's by far not so eminent in games that you would see that crap everywhere. I think there is rather some kind of sponsored influence pushing that into forums to drive sensible interaction out.

I found an interesting site on use of console commands

Also this Reddit thread about this specific spawning problem https://www.reddit.com/r/Starfield/comments/16l8kct Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/Starfield/comments/16l8kct/defeat_valerie_and_the_syndicate_forces_matters/

Played around with the first. I was on current stage 1200 of quest 263262 with all previous stages complete, tried setstage to an earlier but nothing would change - the two dropships were still landed but no soldiers spawning. Eventually gave up & used setstage 263262 1300 to end this impasse- got to mediate between Lillian and Sam, but missed out on the battle....perhaps when I play again in NG+
:rolleyes:

Also this Reddit thread about this specific spawning problem https://www.reddit.com/r/Starfield/comments/16l8kct Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/Starfield/comments/16l8kct/defeat_valerie_and_the_syndicate_forces_matters/

Played around with the first. I was on current stage 1200 of quest 263262 with all previous stages complete, tried setstage to an earlier but nothing would change - the two dropships were still landed but no soldiers spawning. Eventually gave up & used setstage 263262 1300 to end this impasse- got to mediate between Lillian and Sam, but missed out on the battle....perhaps when I play again in NG+
I found the battle janky. I always say I'm turtle player. In RTS yes, because then I can sit back and watch the explosions and little pixels fly around. But in 1st person I prefer assault. I choose where to attack and no running to and fro and "eek, there is no cover!".
At least you could complete the quest. tldr: You didn't miss much.

I just hope it will release at all. I'm worried that all the negativity around the game will ultimately make Microsoft pull the plug on both the creation kit and the DLC.
I don't think we have to worry about it. Despite all the toxic negativity on forums and whatnot, the game sold millions and is sure to be supported.

There was similar negativity for Fallout 76 (most recently) and it's doing fine. Fallout 4, Skyrim, same thing. Lots of complaining at the beginning. But the worst bugs got fixed, and modders did the rest, and here we are.

Bethesda is well experienced in navigating the troubled waters of their always-bug-filled releases. They'll fix it up enough, and they'll make more money on the DLCs, and the modders will fix the rest and enhance the UI and etc. etc. like they are already doing.

To me it looks like situation normal for a Bethesda release.

And I always love their games. There's nothing that compares. I'm just glad they still have the desire to make such games.

And now for some gratuitous recent screenshots. I'm still playing, after all :)

Cool spot, I thought.
20240207082440_1.jpg

Hey, who let the Ashta into Akila City? It wasn't me. Nope. Not me.
20240130071223_1.jpg

When an enemy ship lands to bring reinforcements, but the ship has no NPC:s in it, and its entrance remains closed, the issue is that the mission "Capture a pirate ship", QuestId 2C0FD9, is stuck in the Running state. The issue is not the mission that gets stuck because of that. You should use the console command
sqv 2C0FD9
to see the status of that mission. If it's in the Running state, you should use the command
resetquest 2C0FD9
to reset that mission. After this it should be in the Stopped state. But this reset takes effect only the next time a pirate ship lands. So you must go somewhere else, and be in your own ship, when you use that command.

I wrote more specific instructions already earlier in this post.

I got this same issue a couple months ago when I was doing the mission Groundpounder. The final battle was in a deadlock because a pirate ship landed to bring reinforcements, and all the friendly NPC:s were waiting for the battle to continue, but nothing happened because the ship that landed was unmanned. I had seen many unmanned pirate ship already long before that, but I had ignored them. But at that point I had to investigate it more because of the stuck side quest mission.

This has since then happened to me several times again, and at least twice in a place named "Abandoned hangar", from which the below two pictures are:
Unmanned pirate ship 2024-01-22 (1) Reinforcement ship at an Abandoned Hangar.jpg

Unmanned pirate ship 2024-01-22 (2) Reinforcement ship at an Abandoned Hangar.jpg

I am not aware of a way to make NPC:s spawn in that ship at that point.

The issue in which you land at a random location, and a pirate ship lands near you but it's unmanned, is the same issue as the above.
Unmanned pirate ship 2024-01-26 (1).jpg

I am suspecting that this mission gets stuck most likely when a Starborn Guardian IV ship lands near me, but I still need to verify that. But I know that if I am able to board a landed Starborn ship, and the ship is unmanned, this mission is bugged and I need to reset it.

I'm about 98 hours into Starfield, taking my time, picking some missions to complete and now leaving others to complete when I've leveled-up. Just finished a really hard one at Level 12 (or 13, I don't remember exactly) getting the Mantis ship. I collected so many weapons I could barely run at all without running out of oxygen. Almost ran out of ammo, too.

One thing I've done some research on mining outposts. There's a multiple page guide I've printed out and one of the things it mentions is to stock up on the following:

Copper, aluminum, beryllium, nickel, iron, lead, tungsten, cobalt (for wind turbines), sealant, lubricant.

Where do you store all this stuff? Cargo hold, or can you keep it at "The Lodge"? I did find a container in the lower reaches that doesn't respawn where all your research and modification stuff can take place, but I have no idea how much it can hold and no idea who much of these items I need. I'm sure I don't need 5,000 of all these items. I also know about the safe in "my room" at the lodge so I know I can keep some of it there.

Also required: Scan booster, extractors, fabricators, cargo links.

I'll probably find out about those later, but my main question was where to store all this stuff in the meantime. Thanks in advance.

Weapons I sell and only keep the best . I run 3 weapons . And I don't hold stuff if I need to engineer I go to neon and buy what I need. I have two outposts to help rank up one in Bessel and one on alpha. I sell everything else . Im level 190 .

Weapons I sell and only keep the best . I run 3 weapons . And I don't hold stuff if I need to engineer I go to neon and buy what I need. I have two outposts to help rank up one in Bessel and one on alpha. I sell everything else . Im level 190 .
So, best to make a ton of money and just wait to buy it when you need it. Better than dragging around a ton of stuff, I guess. Thanks.

When an enemy ship lands to bring reinforcements, but the ship has no NPC:s in it, and its entrance remains closed, the issue is that the mission "Capture a pirate ship", QuestId 2C0FD9, is stuck in the Running state. The issue is not the mission that gets stuck because of that. You should use the console command
sqv 2C0FD9
to see the status of that mission. If it's in the Running state, you should use the command
resetquest 2C0FD9
to reset that mission. After this it should be in the Stopped state. But this reset takes effect only the next time a pirate ship lands. So you must go somewhere else, and be in your own ship, when you use that command.

I wrote more specific instructions already earlier in this post.

I got this same issue a couple months ago when I was doing the mission Groundpounder. The final battle was in a deadlock because a pirate ship landed to bring reinforcements, and all the friendly NPC:s were waiting for the battle to continue, but nothing happened because the ship that landed was unmanned. I had seen many unmanned pirate ship already long before that, but I had ignored them. But at that point I had to investigate it more because of the stuck side quest mission.

This has since then happened to me several times again, and at least twice in a place named "Abandoned hangar", from which the below two pictures are:
View attachment 383630
View attachment 383631
I am not aware of a way to make NPC:s spawn in that ship at that point.

The issue in which you land at a random location, and a pirate ship lands near you but it's unmanned, is the same issue as the above.
View attachment 383632

I am suspecting that this mission gets stuck most likely when a Starborn Guardian IV ship lands near me, but I still need to verify that. But I know that if I am able to board a landed Starborn ship, and the ship is unmanned, this mission is bugged and I need to reset it.
Yes, that was the bug I heard of. Capture pirate ship would mess it up!

I'm about 98 hours into Starfield, taking my time, picking some missions to complete and now leaving others to complete when I've leveled-up. Just finished a really hard one at Level 12 (or 13, I don't remember exactly) getting the Mantis ship. I collected so many weapons I could barely run at all without running out of oxygen. Almost ran out of ammo, too.

One thing I've done some research on mining outposts. There's a multiple page guide I've printed out and one of the things it mentions is to stock up on the following:

Copper, aluminum, beryllium, nickel, iron, lead, tungsten, cobalt (for wind turbines), sealant, lubricant.

Where do you store all this stuff? Cargo hold, or can you keep it at "The Lodge"? I did find a container in the lower reaches that doesn't respawn where all your research and modification stuff can take place, but I have no idea how much it can hold and no idea who much of these items I need. I'm sure I don't need 5,000 of all these items. I also know about the safe in "my room" at the lodge so I know I can keep some of it there.

Also required: Scan booster, extractors, fabricators, cargo links.

I'll probably find out about those later, but my main question was where to store all this stuff in the meantime. Thanks in advance.
Store it at your mining outpost? You can build container for all frwight. And when you want to craft it takes ingeredients from container. Just like in ship. It's an unsorted mess though.

Where do you store all this stuff?
Sell what doesn't fit into the hold, including all weapons I don't need or can't palm off to my current companion. Problem with selling is to find someone who can actually still pay for it - a single high(er) end weapon can clean out your average NPC.
Oh, and while you're selling stuff: take a look at the "Misc" compartment in your ships inventory. It's amazing how much junk accumulates in my ship's hold, including the occasional Digipick (don't sell these!).
Then, once you get into starship building, set up your ships with a decent cargo hold. My current modified Frontier now holds IIRC ~1400 units, 160 of these shielded. Still with A class thrusters (highest speed), but with a B class reactor (so I can use a few other B class toys). She's a bit cramped, with only two 2x1 modules (one of them holding the workshop), but can house 4 crew.

Sell what doesn't fit into the hold, including all weapons I don't need or can't palm off to my current companion. Problem with selling is to find someone who can actually still pay for it - a single high(er) end weapon can clean out your average NPC.
Oh, and while you're selling stuff: take a look at the "Misc" compartment in your ships inventory. It's amazing how much junk accumulates in my ship's hold, including the occasional Digipick (don't sell these!).
Then, once you get into starship building, set up your ships with a decent cargo hold. My current modified Frontier now holds IIRC ~1400 units, 160 of these shielded. Still with A class thrusters (highest speed), but with a B class reactor (so I can use a few other B class toys). She's a bit cramped, with only two 2x1 modules (one of them holding the workshop), but can house 4 crew.
One mod I had in Skyrim was "merchants have lots of money" - i.e., not an infinite amount of money, but 10's of thousands of gold. I can see a need for that in Starfield. ;)

FYI, last night it too me about 10 minutes to figure out how to switch from the Frontier ship to the Mantis' ship. Bethesda needs to make the "how" a tad more obvious. I do like the fact that this ship has weapons containers and racks. I do hope the racks don't spawn new stuff 3 game days later.

Tried the "Sabotage" quest trying to get from the far-above air vents down to the R&D area (already got part one of this done with the computer in the office) but I don't have enough "Stealth" ability to sneak successfully, etc. Dropped all the way back to "Have just been given the "hide me suit" and what to do with it but will come back to this much later.

Top Bottom