Game Discussions Bethesda Softworks Starfield Space RPG

I am really, really looking forward to what the community are going to produce in terms of mods for this game, despite the fact that TH doesn't appear to have a massive fan base around here. (ED was the first game I bought since 1998/Quake 2, so have NO idea about him, his games or his company).

There are three things I've liked the look of so far - skill trees, base building and ship modularisation. Might be pants but will be willig to give it a go.

To be frank, being quite naive about anything to do with TH and Bethesda, I am really, really looking forward to trying this game.

Link would be nice :)
Oh, err... Sorry.
At least somebody filled in where I fell short.

I'll take your review as a hint to make sure I listen to it myself (...as if I wouldn't anyway...), as soon as I can...
-Too much compelling content gone long-form these days; Impossible to keep up. :7

Last edited:
I know not to get hyped anymore at my age but man am I looking forward to Starfield.
As far as what's been revealed so far it will have everything I like in a space game.
Being able to build your own space ship, ugh, and see your crew at work inside that ship, double ugh!!
I so hope they won't screw this up like Fallout76 or Cyberpunk 2077, I fully understand the delay but man I wish time went a bit faster, something I thought I'd never say, at my age!

I know not to get hyped anymore at my age but man am I looking forward to Starfield.
As far as what's been revealed so far it will have everything I like in a space game.
Being able to build your own space ship, ugh, and see your crew at work inside that ship, double ugh!!
I so hope they won't screw this up like Fallout76 or Cyberpunk 2077, I fully understand the delay but man I wish time went a bit faster, something I thought I'd never say, at my age!

if it were multiplayer it would be the perfect space game

What I liked about the link @Star Wanderer posted is that they mention 'side missions', or missions that are not necessarily related to main-game content (as far as I understood).

Really hoping that their APIs will enable modders to take hold of this concept and flesh out dozens of other types of sub-missions, perhaps even massive story lines for those modded missions.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: A behemoth floating space trawler that you have to re-incarnate. Bring power up to dozens of modules. Three companion droids you have to fix named Guey, Keuy and Meuy (spot the 80s film reference!). Hack computer systems to enable the landing pads. Kilometres of (initially) spooky dark corridors to negotiate during fixing. Skeletal bodies - hack the main frame to find the occupants demise and their final story. Weld and fix different system components that might take day days, weeks or months to complete; and in the meantime you get to use it as your new base. Or, one of your bases!

I think there's a lot of fingers crossed for this game...

POST EDIT: The film reference wasn't an 80s film... It was a 70s film. And pretty early in the 70s! Damn, I am older than I thought I was...

Last edited:
Top Bottom