Game Discussions Bethesda Softworks Starfield Space RPG

I feel hard pressed to shove a single bed in a corner of even the free but entirely empty apartments you get given during the course of playing the game...house/ship designer I'm not :whistle:

But then again, I got this game to do stuff other than interior design. Besides adding a few pre-furnished ship modules at the occasional shipyard visit to make my ship look and feel externally functional, I don't really care for the building or interior design function of Starfield in the slightest, I've also never as much as laid a single brick on any planet...I've never built a base or mined a single resource in all the time I've been playing.

I know, I know...that's what floats some folks boats...but I never did any of that in Fallout 4 either...fortunately, there are mods for that game to avoid it entirely, so I'm hoping once the creation kit gets to Starfield, I'll be happily dropping some other talented and dedicated interior designer's pre-built work into my game via a workbench mod to save me the absolute torture of ever having to do it myself.

I'd rather inhale live wasps than be waylaid into laying a carpet or tastefully placing a set of shelves in any game I ever play :)

Last edited:
Well, I'm back in the game, mods sorted. Though I don't see the new difficulty options, in fact I don't see the difficulty settings at all. Might be StarUI. New save as well, 1400 hours on my previous save are gone, but I don't mind that. It will be a while until I'm building M class ships again, though I do have plans to.

SF is on my wishlist waiting for the next price cut (which may be months). I plan to buy it for a few specific reasons: ship building, walking in my ship, exploring and general sightseeing. But, since I work in a world of physics, some of the interior design ideas fascinate me. I'm not sure I'll decorate with vases and sculptures but it depends on what's available. A nice chess set would be nice - a magnetic one of course or an inverted compound microscope ?? ?? all kinds of fun things.

Last edited:
I feel hard pressed to shove a single bed in a corner of even the free but entirely empty apartments you get given during the course of playing the game...house/ship designer I'm not :whistle:

But then again, I got this game to do stuff other than interior design. Besides adding a few pre-furnished ship modules at the occasional shipyard visit to make my ship look and feel externally functional, I don't really care for the building or interior design function of Starfield in the slightest, I've also never as much as laid a single brick on any planet...I've never built a base or mined a single resource in all the time I've been playing.

I know, I know...that's what floats some folks boats...but I never did any of that in Fallout 4 either...fortunately, there are mods for that game to avoid it entirely, so I'm hoping once the creation kit gets to Starfield, I'll be happily dropping some other talented and dedicated interior designer's pre-built work into my game via a workbench mod to save me the absolute torture of ever having to do it myself.

I'd rather inhale live wasps than be waylaid into laying a carpet or tastefully placing a set of shelves in any game I ever play :)
Na-uh, I'm not rating interiors - I'm rating your ship hull designs.

Na-uh, I'm not rating interiors - I'm rating your ship hull designs.
My one and only home ship in the game ends up looking eerily the same in every playthrough, all class C bits of course, but built on the same basic double decker (but symetrical inside and out) Shieldbreaker ship design...big guns, big shields and big engines with a scan jammer and 2500t of shielded cargo containers. The side entry is due to the added full length lower deck. The colour switches between blue or red...depending on my mood when I build it I suspect... It keeps the maximum 30ly jump distance too. I always go for a mix of offensive/defensive capability, maneuverability, speed and versatility.

It has a crew capacity of 8 so I can carry all the Constellation members plus Amelia Earhart along for the adventure :)

Screenshot (67).png

Last edited:
Seemingly...the creation kit plus some new content is being released 'later tonight' according to a Bethesda announcement on Gamepass 2 hours ago.

No idea what time... or indeed which timezone their 'tonight' actually is, they just left everyone guessing 🤷‍♂️

OUUaJbu.png

Last edited:
Or they all get updates to work better than before.
I guess they'll have a limited choice of some of the better/more popular mods in the 'creations' menu at the start...like Fallout 4 has....but just like Fallout 4, every new patch or update will break the script extender so none of them actually work :)

Top Bottom