Patch Notes Update Beyond - Chapter Four 3.3 - Patch Notes

Scytale

Banned
Well said [up] People is so tense this days...

Just give FD some time and support, they are making a great game and i am sure it will become greater with each update. Blaming and anger is not helping with anything[smile]

I bet it will. I am so hyped by the "Extended FSS" coming with the next patch ! Scanning any system and tagging any body of the MW without even undocking from Eravate!
Flying to explore is so... boooring !

Last edited:
If any of you guys are also having this cutter issue please let me know. I am thinking of creating another bug topic so more can reply. The game hasn't been out very long on PS4, I think when I first got the cutter there was not many other cutter PS4 players. Now that there are more more people are realizing the issue.

Same Cutter issue here. Also with Corvette.

Guys, looks like the store updated a short while ago and now includes paintjobs for the Krait Phantom and Mamba, which seems to also include the Midnight Black Paintjobs
Quite surprised here, thought we'd have to wait till November 2019 to get those

Someone was moaning about the store captcha the other day. I don't have a problem with it myself because I only ever have to click the 'I'm not a robot' option, presumably because I've completed it successfully enough times that I'm trusted but I'll tell you what does grind my gears about it. The fact that it doesn't give any option to save my damn payment details, which is the only reason you'd ever bother putting a captcha on an online store to begin with. Every time I decide I want to buy something, having to jump up to get my card out of my wallet, which is invariably not in the computer room, like it's 2003 or something.

Obviously this is a classic first world problem and I'm not pretending it's a source of significant trauma in my life. It's just incredibly irritating.

No way. Now we have a beautiful 2D telescope point'n click blueish minigame as well as an exciting "Shoot The Planet with Infinite Ammo"- thing ! And best of all, we can discover marvels...without even moving ! [haha][haha][haha]

Yea!... finally someone at ED know what exploring is all about... not!
For some reason the lazy troggs that wish to be classed as explorers but don't want to do any flying to planets (you know, that time consuming but dedicated bit that made explorers... Explorers) have there way, and all the flashy bells and whistles won't make it exploring... Nope it won't!
To Explore you have to be there, and standing still ain't goin' nowhere...

"hey, I'm an explorer and I do it all from from google maps in my room"

I'm Disappointed and Disheartened, and no, you can't haz my stuffz...it's a waste of time, it was built for exploring but it's useless now!

Last edited:
Hi guys,

Sorry for the basic question but I've just literally bought this game, and wanted to know is the latest version 3.3.0.402 (it says this at the bottom of the first menu screen)?

Also, should I be playing just the Elite Dangerous or the Horizons? Do they both have the latest updates?

Thanks,

CMDR Frog! :D

Hi guys,

Sorry for the basic question but I've just literally bought this game, and wanted to know is the latest version 3.3.0.402 (it says this at the bottom of the first menu screen)?

Also, should I be playing just the Elite Dangerous or the Horizons? Do they both have the latest updates?

Thanks,

CMDR Frog! :D

You must have the latest version to be able to play, so if you don't you will see an 'upgrade' button rather than 'play'.

Really you only ever need to select Horizons to play, because all base game content is included. I have edited my shortcut, adding /edh to the end of the filepath so it reads:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Frontier\EDLaunch\EDLaunch.exe" /edh

This restricts the choice of which game to play to only horizons versions.

There are rare occasions where some players exit horizons & launch the base game instead, which will put them back in their ship in orbit if (for example) they got their SRV buggy stuck & they are not willing to self-destruct.

Good luck with it, it really is a beautiful environment to play in ;)

Last edited:
I cannot start the game after the upload beyond 3.3 till now. I have red that frontier has recognize this problem. The game is gorgous, so I can wait a little bit longer, till frontier is able to solve this problem. But I want to be sure that frontier knows that there are still members left, who cannot start the game.

Still...patiently waiting...for the fix for the hotas. For the life of me, I tried to do the bindings, but the guides are too frustrating to work with, as they are heavily colour based and I'm very colour blind...

I cannot start the game after the upload beyond 3.3 till now. I have red that frontier has recognize this problem. The game is gorgous, so I can wait a little bit longer, till frontier is able to solve this problem. But I want to be sure that frontier knows that there are still members left, who cannot start the game.

While its possible they are aware that some players can't start the game I would suggest you try contacting customer support, they might be able to help you directly.

https://support.frontier.co.uk/kb/

Still...patiently waiting...for the fix for the hotas. For the life of me, I tried to do the bindings, but the guides are too frustrating to work with, as they are heavily colour based and I'm very colour blind...

You might want to try asking for assistance in the support section of the forum.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/forumdisplay.php/50-Elite-Support

There are plenty of pre-made bindings that could help get you started as well as helpful commanders. They just need to know what platform and HOTAS you are using to get started.

You must have the latest version to be able to play, so if you don't you will see an 'upgrade' button rather than 'play'.

Really you only ever need to select Horizons to play, because all base game content is included. I have edited my shortcut, adding /edh to the end of the filepath so it reads:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Frontier\EDLaunch\EDLaunch.exe" /edh

This restricts the choice of which game to play to only horizons versions.

There are rare occasions where some players exit horizons & launch the base game instead, which will put them back in their ship in orbit if (for example) they got their SRV buggy stuck & they are not willing to self-destruct.

Good luck with it, it really is a beautiful environment to play in ;)

Thank you :)

I had the same thing. The following link is a bug report for this issue:
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...rom-Computer?p=7237796&viewfull=1#post7237796

To fix your problem, follow the link from Non Grata and install the Visual C++ 64 bit Redistributable (and maybe add your voice to the bug report so the next person won't fall victim).

People at Frontier must be using "new" math, because every update claims to fix multiple thousands of bugs, yet every update makes the same bugs I and others have been reporting for months worse, not better, while adding new bugs to the mix. This game is being ruined by the PS4 team, and it's a true crying shame because it used to be so great when it was first released. :(

Okay,...Is there an update in process?
Thought I would fly a bit and the OCULUS has a tag that Elite is in the process of an update,...
Okay Im game,....when is it starting because its sitting stagnant for over an hour. Something big in the works or just another obnoxious bug going on.

You might want to try asking for assistance in the support section of the forum.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/forumdisplay.php/50-Elite-Support

There are plenty of pre-made bindings that could help get you started as well as helpful commanders. They just need to know what platform and HOTAS you are using to get started.

I already have since Tuesday. Unfortunutely, the only things they suggested was either to wait for their fix, or to map them myself. Unfortunately, every guide either found or given to me is just too complicated, and tend to be color based, and I'm pretty color blind.

ServerTurbulence aside, that Codex is going to knock ED gameplay out of the park imo.

Obviously a couple of teeeeny things on wishlist, like manual discovery boomarking under category in codex, maybe a squadron 1P 2 1P offline direct tweet? But really loving it, the lighting too and suggest I'm not alone in general; Not if post count during server stabilising is anything to go by. Nice one Devs! o7

Last edited:
ServerTurbulence aside, that Codex is going to knock ED gameplay out of the park imo.

Obviously a couple of teeeeny things on wishlist, like manual discovery boomarking under category in codex, maybe a squadron 1P 2 1P offline direct tweet? But really loving it, the lighting too and suggest I'm not alone general; Not if post count during server stabilising are anything to go by. Nice one Devs! o7
Just strange how prior discovery or logs aren't counted (like all of teh guardian logs i scanned for Palin) and as far as i can tell the limit for bookmarks hasn't been raised either. I would have been fine without the codex, but local bookmarks instead. I don't see the point of the Codex tbh - it doesn't log my discoveries and it's not searchable either.

Top Bottom