News Beyond - Chapter Four - Beta is live!

Will Flanagan

Product Manager
Frontier
Hello Commanders,

We’re pleased to announce that the beta for Beyond - Chapter Four is available now to all PC Elite Dangerous and Elite Dangerous: Horizons players!

In tune with our vision for the Beyond season of updates, this fourth and final chapter brings improvements and additions to existing core features of Elite Dangerous.

In order to focus the public testing on specific aspects of Beyond - Chapter Four, we will be unlocking different content over a number of different weeks. You can find out the beta content schedule here:

a7fd4f74-d072-11e8-a8d5-f2801f1b9fd1.png

With today's update you'll be able to test:

• New Exploration mechanics
  • Introduction of the new Codex
  • Scenarios
  • Background Simulation improvements
  • ...Cockpit UI changes, graphical enhancements and more!
We have covered these features in our livestreams during the past two weeks, and you can read recaps [Exploration] here and [Scenarios & BGS] here for more information on what to expect.

The changes coming with the Beyond - Chapter Four update are some of the biggest we've seen this year, so we would encourage you to help us iron out the kinks by leaving feedback in our dedicated beta forum section. This feedback is incredibly valuable for our team and will help us overcome any unforeseeable issues and bugs ahead of Beyond - Chapter Four's launch!

To take part in the beta, all you'll need to do is load up the launcher and select (and update) the following product: Elite Dangerous - Horizons - Beta (3.3). Once that has been completed, you'll then have access to the Beyond - Chapter Four beta. If this hasn't appeared, please restart your launcher.

If you'd like information as the beta progresses, you can also subscribe to our Beyond - Chapter Four Beta newsletter by clicking here.

And, if you haven't had a chance to read Game Director Laurence Oldham's message, you can also read that here.

We can't wait to hear what you think of Chapter Four and now you'll be able to experience it for yourselves!

Well, this is the first time I'm downloading an ED beta on Linux before Windows (don't worry, I will repro any bugs on Windows before reporting them).

Well, this is the first time I'm downloading an ED beta on Linux before Windows (don't worry, I will repro any bugs on Windows before reporting them).
please tell me if you actually can make it run on Linux!!
I'm in Strasbourg for work all next week for work and my laptop is Linux ( Ubuntu 18.04 ) - technically it's gaming laptop so should have the power but I've never managed to get ED to run on Linux, it was a challenge to just get the stupid .NET based launcher to run!

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
Excellent stuff, thanks once again to all the team. My test plan is in place, and I look forward to trying to break stuff.

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
Could someone point me in the right direction here please? I want to try my hand at the beta but not sure where to start... Ta!

Open up the game launcher as normal, and then select the option that now says Beta. You will have an upgrade button instead of a play one.. Click that and then wait :D

As long as you're on PC.

Hello Commanders,

We’re pleased to announce that the beta for Beyond - Chapter Four is available now to all PC Elite Dangerous and Elite Dangerous: Horizons players!

In tune with our vision for the Beyond season of updates, this fourth and final chapter brings improvements and additions to existing core features of Elite Dangerous.

In order to focus the public testing on specific aspects of Beyond - Chapter Four, we will be unlocking different content over a number of different weeks. You can find out the beta content schedule here:

With today's update you'll be able to test:

• New Exploration mechanics
  • Introduction of the new Codex
  • Scenarios
  • Background Simulation improvements
  • ...Cockpit UI changes, graphical enhancements and more!
We have covered these features in our livestreams during the past two weeks, and you can read recaps [Exploration] here and [Scenarios & BGS] here for more information on what to expect.

The changes coming with the Beyond - Chapter Four update are some of the biggest we've seen this year, so we would encourage you to help us iron out the kinks by leaving feedback in our dedicated beta forum section. This feedback is incredibly valuable for our team and will help us overcome any unforeseeable issues and bugs ahead of Beyond - Chapter Four's launch!

To take part in the beta, all you'll need to do is load up the launcher and select (and update) the following product: Elite Dangerous - Horizons - Beta (3.3). Once that has been completed, you'll then have access to the Beyond - Chapter Four beta. If this hasn't appeared, please restart your launcher.

If you'd like information as the beta progresses, you can also subscribe to our Beyond - Chapter Four Beta newsletter by clicking here.

And, if you haven't had a chance to read Game Director Laurence Oldham's message, you can also read that here.

We can't wait to hear what you think of Chapter Four and now you'll be able to experience it for yourselves!

shame i am at work however i shall download later :)

Open up the game launcher as normal, and then select the option that now says Beta. You will have an upgrade button instead of a play one.. Click that and then wait :D

As long as you're on PC.

Only seeing beta 3.3... is that it? Thought it would be 4 or something.

Top Bottom