News Beyond - Chapter Four - Beta Update (Week 3)

I get server maintenance window. Can't play yet though I have upgraded. Server maintenance window comes after planet generation system.

Frontier took the time to create a war-status interface and to create CZ scenarios. It would be totally crazy if they left it so that CZ Scenario completion has ZERO impact on the BGS wars.

well, i thought the same when they implemented multicrew:
"they made prospector limpets exclusively gunner controlled - would be crazy if they could fire them straight forward"
"in a wing every member gets an extra yield when mining, extra share from combat bonds, and full participation in CGs - would be crazy if crew was different"

yeah, especially the later one where crew gets NOTHING for participating in a CG, but NPC crews share is automatically deducted from the helms CG contribution, i find crazy wrong

yes beta but, with 52 +pages of bugs just in beta there is continued absence of not fixing older updates, this has always been the way of things in Elite, like many bugs in beta will be left in the same way...!

Frontier took the time to create a war-status interface and to create CZ scenarios. It would be totally crazy if they left it so that CZ Scenario completion has ZERO impact on the BGS wars.

They even said it's supposed to influence the war.

So when is 3.3 likely to drop? I've been deliberately taking a hiatus for a couple of months (game AND forum!), so I get to experience the new stuff like an excited child. Will it all be self-explanatory, or am I going to be hitting YouTube 5 minutes after launching 3.3 !!

So when is 3.3 likely to drop? I've been deliberately taking a hiatus for a couple of months (game AND forum!), so I get to experience the new stuff like an excited child. Will it all be self-explanatory, or am I going to be hitting YouTube 5 minutes after launching 3.3 !!

As for the when - Stealthie or Factabulous will probably be running a pot :).

My guess is that FD wants it to be before the Christmas holidays, but that would depend on the time allocated for bugfixing after the beta finishes and, of course, the time required by Sony and Microsoft to give their ok and roll out the update to their respecive consoles.

As for self-explanatory - you're new here, aren't you? There are some massive changes for mining, exploration and the BGS. If you don't play either of these, you should be fine. Otherwise, you're in for a big surprise. I'd suggest you hit YT now and check out at the very least Frontier's streams. That'll show you at least how things are supposed to work.

You are either going to love the changes, or hate them :p But as already suggested bone-up on YT before jumping in with both feet! The changes are (IMO) amazing and if you have an urge to explore...

Completely uninformed guess would be either the 11th or 18th of December, both are Tuesdays which is the traditional day for such things and are nicely after the beta so that the hoops required for console approval can be jumped through. Latest would be last Tuesday in December.

Top Bottom