Patch Notes Update Beyond - Chapter Four - Beta (Week 1)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
"This update includes well over 2000 fixes for various issues that have been discovered and investigated during the development process."

10317813763_76f9a07048_z.jpg

Adam Woods

Executive Producer
Frontier
Pretty long list FD, nice to see some fixes related to NPC behaviour.

What about the misplaced interdiction UI in the Alliance C-line?
I reported that 3 times with footage.

Hey Julio Montega,

We have addressed the interdiction UI issue: "Tweaked the position of the interdiction UI element in the three Alliance ships" (it was under the 'General' section). Please report any further issues you find with this.

Thanks,
Adam

It's probably a bit late to mention this, but have you fixed the launcher this time so we can play the live game while downloading the beta?

"Ensure the 'Terrorist' archetype always comes with a bounty"

When can players have a 'Terrorist' label? Mwahaha!

Looked at the time the patch notes were posted and realised that's the time I woke up! No alarm set or anything!

It is a sign!

Last edited:
Hey Julio Montega,

We have addressed the interdiction UI issue: "Tweaked the position of the interdiction UI element in the three Alliance ships" (it was under the 'General' section). Please report any further issues you find with this.

Thanks,
Adam

Ah, i see thnx for the info.
Gonna look into it!
Thnx for 4 Weeks of testing.

Beta downloading, Patch notes read, Now stocking up on nibbles and drinks for an evening of intense beta testing. Thank you FDEV for what looks like the promise of a very enjoyable evening. And thanks again for your continued support of Elite Dangerous and its community, I personally have been looking forward to this since Lave Con.

Regards Vger Starseed

• There is now only one Discovery Scanner available in game, that is based on the basic variant. Commanders that have purchased either the intermediate or advanced scanners will receive a credit refund
Now this.
You can't really mean that every single explorer gets their Discovery Scanner swiped from them?
As that's how the quoted part reads, since almost no one will have ventured away from the Bubble without and Advanced Discovery Scanner.

Now this.
You can't really mean that every single explorer gets their Discovery Scanner swiped from them?
As that's how the quoted part reads, since almost no one will have ventured away from the Bubble without and Advanced Discovery Scanner.
I'm pretty sure he means "gets a refund of the price difference and a [basic] discovery scanner" rather than "has a mysteriously empty internal". At least, I hope he means that...

Adam Woods

Executive Producer
Frontier
Now this.

Hi Zieman,

Nope, we haven't taken away peoples Discovery Scanners, just reduced it to the 'basic' variant. Commanders in the black and far from any ports will still have a DS, if they have one fitted pre-Beta.

Hope that clears things up.

Thanks,
Adam

It's kinda funny that the patch notes for a beta that's not available for the PS4 mentions said PS4 multiple times. I'm not complaining, not one bit, since there is good news in these notes for me :D

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom