Patch Notes Update Beyond - Chapter Four - Beta (Week 2)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Frontier, so awesome! Can you do this for the docking computer also? Seems unnecessary for this to take up a whole optional slot!

Please no !

DSS is essential now for the new game mechanics. But this is not the case for modules like the Docking computer. And why not the fuel scoop too ? Do not make the game too casual ! ^^

Any new about Codex not including all discovered logs?
Also what about system discovered before 3.3? I couldnt see them in beta 1.

COdex isnt connected to the live discovery database. I doubt it will be before it goes live, then it should all be added.

lol love this one for VR

Capped the frame rate whilst on the main menu to 90fps, to stop HMD's overheating

because an over heating VR HMD is exactly what you want strapped 1 inch from your eyeballs :)

i look forward to checking out tonight :)

thnaks

• Switched the Discovery Scanner to a built in module, that is fitted to all ships. This frees up a slot for players to use. Refunded credits too

Great patch. I was planning on making a video outlining why the above change to the intended FSS should be made... I'm glad I don't have to. I'm sure making this change was easier than fixing the bug where the disco scanner wasn't actually required... But honestly I don't care. Dropping the disco scanner module requirement is the biggest quality of life improvement Elite has gotten in a long time.

More freedom to outfitting is AWESOME!

Switched the Discovery Scanner to a built in module, that is fitted to all ships. This frees up a slot for players to use. Refunded credits too

Oooh. I think I'm going to spend all of this Beta figuring out what this means for my ship loadouts especially the slot-limited combat ships.

Wow, the disco scanner is now built into every ship, freeing up one slot for everyone?

That's a terrific change!

AI

NPC ships should use the reboot/repair option when drives are at 0%

What? All of them?

I thought the original point was that low level NPCs would submit. Its how it used to do it and made pirating Harmless and Mostly Harmless ships fairly straightforward.

So now they reboot when they have 0% PP or 0% drives? How are we meant to disable ships to pirate them now?

Yeah. Makes sense too as it is now vital for most parts of the game. The only downside is that Nav beacons will become pointless again.

How does this make nav beacons pointless? Scanning a nav beacon will still instantly give all scenario, USS and mission locations as well as filling in the system map information, for those that do not want to zip around the sky zooming in and out on every signal.

The removal of the DS changes a lot about which ships can do what (I am looking at you, explo Adder :p),

Yep, I can now have an AFMU :D

I'm wondering if this was already partially implemented on Beta 1 as I could honk in my FDS miner without having a DS fitted.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom