Patch Notes Update Beyond - Chapter Four - Beta (Week 2)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Because there's already too few exploration tools in the game, to the point where you can fit everything you need in a Hauler, and still have a slot left over for an optional extra. With this change, there are now even fewer reasons to sacrifice jump range for more optional modules slots, meaning that "do everything" exploration ships won't have to sacrifice jump range for utility. This in turn means fewer interesting decisions that need to be made during outfitting, and that means fewer interesting decisions will need to be made out in the black as well.

For example, the basic exploration Hauler can't equip both Shields (making landing on planets much safer) and an SRV (can only be used after landing on planets) without sacrificing necessary exploration equipment. Now there's no need to choose.

For another example, my exploration/passenger ship Emerald Dawn (an Asp X) cannot equip two from this list of three modules, due to the limitations in optional slots: AMFU, repair limpets, or a cargo hold. This limits my choices to an AFMU (giving me greater freedom to "hot jump"), or a cargo hold. I also can't equip repair limpets, for that I'd need a cargo hold as well, which would require sacrificing some basic exploration equipment.

As far as I'm concerned, it's the limitations that we have to overcome that makes better gameplay. Fewer limitations results in less interesting gameplay, especially in the part of the game that doesn't have the luxury of instantaneous outfitting changes.

Put a HRP on there instead so if you get ganked you might have a high chance to survive.

A very happy day indeed! Long live the DBX!

Indeed it is.

Unfortunately, some "realists" who want to suffer from so-called "interesting" decisions won't be happy until all ships have only 4-5 internal slots, in order to grant them their beloved "interesting" decisions and "interesting" gameplay.
Well, they can always pretend there's an ADS and just leave that free slot empty. So interesting!

Plus they only give back what you paid for it, no interest or nothing. Great for new players, but us loyal customers are getting shafted again.

Most of my ADS's are so old and worn, the one on my AspX is being held together with rubber bands and duct tape, I'm glad I get something in return at all, so stop whining.

Last edited:
Because there's already too few exploration tools in the game, to the point where you can fit everything you need in a Hauler, and still have a slot left over for an optional extra. With this change, there are now even fewer reasons to sacrifice jump range for more optional modules slots, meaning that "do everything" exploration ships won't have to sacrifice jump range for utility. This in turn means fewer interesting decisions that need to be made during outfitting, and that means fewer interesting decisions will need to be made out in the black as well.

For example, the basic exploration Hauler can't equip both Shields (making landing on planets much safer) and an SRV (can only be used after landing on planets) without sacrificing necessary exploration equipment. Now there's no need to choose.

For another example, my exploration/passenger ship Emerald Dawn (an Asp X) cannot equip two from this list of three modules, due to the limitations in optional slots: AMFU, repair limpets, or a cargo hold. This limits my choices to an AFMU (giving me greater freedom to "hot jump"), or a cargo hold. I also can't equip repair limpets, for that I'd need a cargo hold as well, which would require sacrificing some basic exploration equipment.

As far as I'm concerned, it's the limitations that we have to overcome that makes better gameplay. Fewer limitations results in less interesting gameplay, especially in the part of the game that doesn't have the luxury of instantaneous outfitting changes.

Sorry. I totally disagree with you.

The more flexibility we have, the better.

I'm with RP all the way. I'm out in an exploration Type-7, which has a ton of slots, yet I'm without shields because I chose to bring refuel and repair limpets instead. Why? Because I feel terrible every time I meet a stranded NPC out in deep space, begging for fuel, and I was unable to help. So this time I chose a more interesting build that gives me some new gameplay to engage in!

Give me an extra slot and I'll be very tempted to add a passenger cabin, because I think all ships should be able to take on passengers (I've yet to own a car that couldn't fit 3 other people in it). Notice that I'm still exploring without shields!

So yeah, there's plenty of interesting options for explorers, especially with new mining tools, so being upset that your phone now has built-in GPS, thus freeing up a pocket in your hiking backpack, well it sounds pretty silly to me [wacko]

Paige Harvey

Community Manager
Commanders, the downtime of the beta server has been extended while we update it with the Beyond - Chapter Four Mining and Squadrons changes. As soon as the server is available, we'll let you know!

Those that are complaining about the ADS, i have a simple solution- leave a slot empty in your build and carry on making your 'interesting' decisions. Then the rest of us will just get on with our lives.

here's some "immersion" tape they can stick over the offending slot in their outfitting screen

GUEST_9f16f32e-5d46-43c2-896c-bbca449cc023

Give me an extra slot and I'll be very tempted to add a passenger cabin, because I think all ships should be able to take on passengers (I've yet to own a car that couldn't fit 3 other people in it).

Whereas we don't own a 4 seater car! as they sit empty most of the time!

Commanders, the downtime of the beta server has been extended while we update it with the Beyond - Chapter Four Mining and Squadrons changes. As soon as the server is available, we'll let you know!

Does that mean the asteroids are all getting swapped one by one? ;)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom