BGS OPEN ONLY too

With the launch of Squadrons, I believe that this matter should also be discussed...

Since Sandro Samarco mention "PP Open Only", I think appropriate to talk about the BGS too.

I already generated LOCKDOWN on a system playing SOLO (I did a test to see if it was possible).

After confirming this, I left the BGS conflicts.

That should never be possible, it's an anomaly.

In a mode where conflicts exist between players (PP and MF Conflicts) play on SOLO or PRIVATE is like using Hacks / Exploits against your opponent.

I respect who plays in SOLO or PRIVATE (I also play on SOLO when exploring).

But when you make a decision to conflict with other players in the fight between Minor Factions or Powers of Powerplay, it is ethically indefensible act in the shadows (becoming inaccessible to the opponent pressing a button).

-------------------------------------------

[EDIT]

Guys... when said "BGS", I mean the conflict between Minor Factions.

Example: In SOLO or PG you should not be able to change the influence or state of a Minor Faction.

But reputation and other mechanics that don't affect the conflict would continue working.

Last edited:
It would be simply unacceptable. I would uninstall and not look back.

Encourage people into Open is a great ideal, and I firmly believe that Squads can encourage this if done correctly, but force people ? Just No.

I'm sorry, but until they can figure out cross platform play, more then 16 player instancing, blocking, and firewalling P2P connections. You are still going to run into the same issues you do now. Moving anything to Open only is just dividing the player base and going to push people to give up the game.

I'm all for moving some stuff around and making fixes to it. PP needs to get some major overhauls for me to ever considering doing it on a serious level.

If Solo players have effectively opted-out of the multiplayer mechanics (including PvP combat, Powerplay, and now BGS manipulation if this were to go ahead), then we should also be able to opt out of any adverse consequences of these activities to us.

I was not at all happy when players in Open (for reasons known only to themselves) forced a lockdown of a station that I wanted to use as a home base in Solo (I even had ships there when it happened, luckily the shipyard stayed open). So Solo players would have to be protected from lockdowns and similar conditions caused in Open (especially if we are being specifically denied the opportunity to counter them in Solo). If we don't want to play that game, then it shouldn't be forced on us.

And that would allow Open players to circumvent lockdowns by flipping into Solo. So that opens a whole new can of worms...

Powderpanic

Banned
OP

Do not push for Open only BGS.

Push for the PP Open, let FDEV see how much better it works and then everything else will come naturally. All the anti-change crowd won't have a leg to stand on.

Powderpanic
The Voice of Griefing

What about PG's? Lock them out too?

So much for the "Slippery Slope" deniers club.

Separate but equal modes is the only answer. The longer FD denies it, the longer the pain will continue.

Hey Mods,

Despite FDev repeatedly saying that they're only considering it for Powerplay, seemingly Every. Single. Thread. is now devolving into demands to make Feature X 'open-only'.

Please, start locking / deleting these threads. I'd like to get back to, y'know, reading the forums, and not just doing Mark All Read on a collection of threads rehashing the same tired demands.

The effect that SOLO has on the BGS is comparatively minimal compared to PP.

You can put small/quiet systems into lockdown all by yourself in any mode because players are not everywhere.

I dont think that is a good idea, altho i think it might be worth looking into having a buff of doing BGS in open. Being able to have more influance in open.

Jenner

I wish I was English like my hero Tj.
Hey Mods,

Despite FDev repeatedly saying that they're only considering it for Powerplay, seemingly Every. Single. Thread. is now devolving into demands to make Feature X 'open-only'.

Please, start locking / deleting these threads. I'd like to get back to, y'know, reading the forums, and not just doing Mark All Read on a collection of threads rehashing the same tired demands.

Yeah, I hear ya.

Dangerous Disucssion is basically Modes of Elite now. lol.

Yeah, I hear ya.

Dangerous Disucssion is basically Modes of Elite now. lol.
I blaim TJ.

Also i think all the modes should be in the dropdown thingy on top of the dangerous discussion. Like we had before, when people still posted in engineers etc.

I vote for "make the game open only" lol

Why only PP and BGS ?
Why not ingeneering, bountyhunting, exploration ... ???

Absolutely agree.
It's disgusting that ghosts can mess with my mission board or even toss factions in or out of the system from solo/pg. I'm not speaking about how "realistic" it is, it's just against any logic except "I don't want to pay for multiplayer" or "it wasn't on a kickstarter, give my money back".

I vote for "make the game open only" lol

Why only PP and BGS ?
Why not ingeneering, bountyhunting, exploration ... ???
Well, pal, your engineering doesn't affect other players efforts/mission boards unless you're going to shoot them.
Bountyhunting and exploration - well, in particular, depends on how do you redeem bounty vouchers/sell exploration data. I believe that bounty vouchers, bonds, exploration data, commodities should not affect BGS from solo/pg.

Trying to encourage players into open is one thing...trying to force the issue is another issue altogether ^
<silly mode on>ACTCHYALLY, you still have choise to sit in solo - just without BGS<silly mode off>
Well, adding anything to open exclusively will bring another "it's forcing to open and not engouraging" rant, "solo players are treated like second class citizens" and so on, so it looks like meaningless - people will rant anyway. How else you want to "encourage" people? PP/BGS only will bring more activities in PP/BGS player groups - isn't it the reason to try open?

if bgs I believe that wouls change the game in a way it would drive traders etc away from the game.

I believe Normal legal things like trading, passenger missions alike should be done in anyway the gamer feels comfortable doing. At most a reduction of say 50% IN EFFECT to the bgs if done in solo or private. However criminal acts like effecting a lockdown or such should be only done in open play where the player group in control of the station can put up a fight back which isn't possible at the moment. I feel this is an easy codeable option by making Items needed for lockdown/blackmarket etc only available in Open Play, if you leave your fighter behind it goes boom then so can the illegal cargo go boom if you switch from open to solo etc.

as for power play I believe the intent has always been to have it player against player and I'm all for having that as open only or at very least a heavy penalty for doing it in other game modes, like 10% influence for solo or private so if you are after the power play items your effect on the power play side of things is strictly limited.

Top Bottom