"Blight" State?

What's the bets this blight is related to Rockforth Fertiliser needing to be sourced, and depending on how far you live from Riedquat; could involve hundreds of LY round trips to buy it.

We have a system in Blight. An Industrial system. No food grown there, no demand for agri medicines. Have noticed Advanced Medicines have gone up in price, as have some food products. No Blight related missions discernible.

We have a system in Blight. An Industrial system. No food grown there, no demand for agri medicines. Have noticed Advanced Medicines have gone up in price, as have some food products. No Blight related missions discernible.
Is there an agri-megaship in this system?
(Just clutching at straws here.)

Elite Dangerous is a spaceship sim first, the rest is just for fluff and role play. So I love all the BGS faction stuff, but I'm aware this game wasn't really designed with this in mind, so just RP it yourself and fill in the blanks, like a lot of RP stuff you've got to use your imagination. For example where are all the folk walking round in space stations, you just have to imagine that they are. Mind you I hope they do add stuff like that in the future :p

I have the first blight ending - without doing anything, since it was non-controlling in a refinery. So it lasts 7 days.

@Ian Doncaster : bringing this quote over here... just to keep that other thread on-topic
Okay, true. But how that process is reflected in player actions leading to Blight states on specific factions at specific times rather than on others is not clear.
Indeed... it's hard to tell. IMO, FD seeded the Blight state at some point, but there was obviously some sort of logic to the seeding; I doubt it was just someone manually picking systems and factions.

So I sold some Rockforth Fertilizer to my faction... and they did suffer blight, but not where I sold it... just some rando system where I wasn't even the controller/had one random asset with no market.

There were several other blighted factions nearby, but hardly every faction. I wonder if FD recorded what factions got fertiliser sold to them, and then randomly distributed some blight to those factions (maybe based on volumes sold). Key systems would've manually had all factions assigned blight I reckon.

There are several factions in blight with no assets and therefore no market - just look at the two systems in full blight reported above, LFT 37 and Ensoreus - therefore the state can not be tied to fertilizer sales. No market, no sale.

There are several factions in blight with no assets and therefore no market - just look at the two systems in full blight reported above, LFT 37 and Ensoreus - therefore the state can not be tied to fertilizer sales. No market, no sale.
Full blight on all factions is probably directly applied by the plot.

But there are certainly enough other cases on asset-less factions, including out in Colonia, that the fertiliser certainly can't be the only way to generate it, even if it does help.

The recent Galnet suggests that it can be spread by contaminated goods carried by traders, which might allow for trade missions to spread it to non-market factions.

If so it might have interesting interactions with Pirate Attack which is also primarily spread by trade-like activities.

Been wandering around the very-blighted systems tonight:

6 blighted factions in Arque
4 blighted factions in CD-33 8748
8 blighted factions in Diso
7 blighted factions in Ensoreus
7 blighted factions in Lave
7 blighted factions in Lei Zi
7 blighted factions in LFT 37
4 blighted factions in LP 98-132
7 blighted factions in Orrere
7 blighted factions in Reorte
7 blighted factions in Riedquat

Main effect on USS seems to be a very low spawn rate - for these populous systems I would expect more USS, but it's also like most USS types are not found with the Blight state. Or I'm imagining it - quite possible :)

That's why I said this bit:
Key systems would've manually had all factions assigned blight I reckon.

Thing is, depending on the mechanic for distribution of the blight, it doesn't necessitate needing to sell it directly to a faction. Since we don't know what the mechanic is (or even if there is going to be an enduring one) it could be something as simple as "Assign to a random faction in a random system within 10LY of the point of sale"

Going off Factabulous' post above, that could be a by-product of all the "exploit" sales that occurred, resulting in a massive concentration of all-faction blighted systems around the source of the fertiliser.

Or... it could all be manually injected by FD.

Last edited:
Delivered 10 rounds into von Krusenstern agricultural station in Djaujas system with a Python, now and before the II started. For experimental purposes.
Nothing happened.

Well this is a bummer. Agronomic Treatment collected from any of the official locations does SFA at an Industrial in Blight. No demand and you sell at a huge loss. Still you can restore influence and recover lost costs by selling exploration data afterwards. Still a weird situation though.

Top Bottom