"Blight" State?

So... now it's officially part of the BGS.

I mean... cool... but if this is FDs way of fixing the lack of negative states (introduce something which causes a sudden dramatic drop, potentially rapidly) rather than fixing the balance of actions available... it's a bit disappointing.

Look forward to working out how blight happens, it's serious impacts, and perhaps some famine finally.

One of my factions' systems has the Blight. I and my squadron mates have been delivering Agronomic Treatment for several days, to no apparent effect, yet.

Are there any insights as to how much AT has to be delivered? Any observations about this are welcome!

One of my factions' systems has the Blight. I and my squadron mates have been delivering Agronomic Treatment for several days, to no apparent effect, yet.

Are there any insights as to how much AT has to be delivered? Any observations about this are welcome!

AFAIK the BGS state only went 'live' a couple of days ago - before then the state was locked by the II and treatment would probably have had no effect, and I haven't enough data to know much yet. Assuming it's Baijungu you should have seen a drop in Demand for AT in the last day?

I've seen demand for Agronomic Treatment drop when delivered to Agricultural stations - haven't managed to get it to zero yet, so don't know if that is necessary / useful. Baijungu is a larger system than the one I'm looking at, so will probably take a while to respond - if it even does.

Baijungu is indeed a large system. I'll watch for a drop in demand and report back. Thanks!

I dug through my data - for Ferguson look like demand went from yesterday 2,847,217 -> 306,627 today, so assuming this means anything, and you carry on doing what you did yesterday, I would hope* for another big drop tomorrow.

* I am no BGS expert, so could be completely wrong about how demand works.

I dug through my data - for Ferguson look like demand went from yesterday 2,847,217 -> 306,627 today, so assuming this means anything, and you carry on doing what you did yesterday, I would hope* for another big drop tomorrow.

* I am no BGS expert, so could be completely wrong about how demand works.
Normally it would just get a state multiplier to the base demand, which would combine with the regeneration rate. If the state multiplier itself varies on the amount of Blight remaining, that would be very interesting.

Normally it would just get a state multiplier to the base demand, which would combine with the regeneration rate. If the state multiplier itself varies on the amount of Blight remaining, that would be very interesting.
Could well just be state changes - both Arque and Baijungu had them today. I knew you would know the real answer :) So I guess we just ship treatment until something invisible happens. (Still think the BGS was not responding to Blight until the weekly PP restart, shout out if I'm wrong on that too :) )

Baijungu actually entered the Blight state two weeks ago, one of the first systems to get it. We started shipping Agronomic Treatment as soon as it was available in the markets, something like a week ago.

Missed this yesterday - a couple of factions in Arque went into Famine yesterday - and it automatically cleared the Blight. As expected, but good to know that is working. Neither owns any markets so can't tell (yet) if the food supplies will start to come back in Famine.

Will also be interesting to see how the faction Happiness changes:)

I posted in the Scourge thread about Furuta Dock, HIP 29314. Massive losses selling Agronomic Treatment as there is ZERO demand, whereas Fruit & Veg for example sells for 3598 Cr/ton at Furuta Dock. So we will allow the Blight which has been running since around October 16th to go to Famine then resupply with food from Arnold Market, R Doradus.

Looking at Blighted systems it seems we're seeing more negative Eco & Sec states (and fewer positive states). Still not seeing any post-Interstellar Initiative Blights appearing, will be interesting to see how often they will happen after this initial set flush through the system. Only a few Famines are active right now, none have spawned Distribution Centres yet.

datepending Boompending Bustpending Civil Libertypending Civil Unrestpending Faminepending Investmentpending Lockdown
2019-10-292020020
2019-10-305020011
2019-10-312000000
2019-11-011014300
2019-11-026902100
2019-11-031350201200

Blightwatch update: Blight now in steep decline as they get replaced by Famines. Still no sign of new Blights. Also wondering of some blights may never become famines - for example in Arque (https://eddb.io/system/factions/1314) the controlling faction has a blight but is presumably benefiting from CMDRs visiting Palin, and so is still in Boom - nowhere near triggering the famine. That blight (and a few others) may never end.

Top Bottom