Modes Block CMDR's with 'SYSTEM' chat.

I'm fairly sure blocking someone doesn't prevent them from instancing with you; it only prevents them from communicating with you in ways that don't involve violence.

I'm fairly sure blocking someone doesn't prevent them from instancing with you; it only prevents them from communicating with you in ways that don't involve violence.

The block feature was changes a few years back to indeed include the matchmaking system.
So by blocking someone in chat, it also "reduces" the chances of being instanced with that person again as well.

However, it is not 100% as other factors are also involved when the matchmaking system decides how to group us all.
Mutual friends, wings, networking etc all play a part in the final choice over whether you'll end up seeing someone or not.
But by having someone blocked, the system will give that match up less priority, so you should see the person less.

Deleted member 115407

D
Sounds like a pretty good way to block security forces so we can gank the unwary noobs.

I like it!

ZO

Blocking a player will put a kind of soft "preference" towards not being put into the same instance as that player, but the game still "makes do" with whatever combination of players it is given. If you block all the Protector CMDRS and the noobs/prey don't block all the Protector CMDRs, what happens? I would think that in most cases, you'd be put in a separate instance all by yourself while the noobs and the Protectors would likely fill the other instances. Would be interested to know what gankers' experiences with this kind of strategic "blocking" have been like, actually.

If you're a ganker, make sure to block lawful CMDR's using the system chat.

That way they won't be able to instance with you, and won't be able to even try oppose you in Open mode.

You can keep on ganking with no 'threat', it's incredible!

Fly safe-space, CMDR's,

Z0.

I started to use it as a cmdrs that killed me list.

Top Bottom