Bob the Keelback - Memorial run to Beagle Point

7EdJfiQ.png

Bob didn't life long... but he had what it takes to be an Explorer... he was happy, brave and wanted to know about he unknown. His life might have been short with only 4 days but he... he lifed his life and that is something he can be proud of even when he is dead. Thank you all for taking part in his life it was short but he was happy. He always hoped to discover something... something more than just a planet in the middle of nowhere he wanted to find something that he can be really proud of finding. But it may not sound like he did find what he was looking for but if we look closer he did, he did find... a friend.

Goodbye Bob.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/265803-Bob-the-Keelback-without-shields-but-with-a-mission!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the 20th of June 3302 the memorial run for Bob towards Beagle Point with a Keelback right into the unknown began.

I dont know if 25.79ly Jumprange will bring me to Beagle Point but the closer Tom gets the more he will honour Bob's legacy.

And if he cant get to Beagle point he will explore as much as he can!

For Bob!

[Notes: Like in the original thread i try to post screenshots daily of(this time) Toms adventure with a little bit of text to build up story. (sometimes with a little bit Music like on page 5 of Bobs adventure)

And Tom will honour Bobs legacy as good as he can...

[video=youtube;YUuZpn_SUiw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUuZpn_SUiw[/video]

Last edited:
Day 1. - 20. June 3302 So the journey begins...

[12:00:00] To go where probably no Keelback has gone before the course for the fisrt 1000ly is set, 52 Jumps refueling after 329ly, for Bob and all the other Keelbacks out there!
g0Trb7M.jpg

(Music for the mood: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6m-vRZnUFxg)
oOpXN4E.png

Of he goes on his journey towards Beagle Point we dont know what awaits him on his dangerous journey but whatever happens he will document it and he will try his best to honour Bobs Legacy!

Last edited:
After refueling Tom continued his journey and 5 Jumps later he found a system with a nice blue gas giant and made some pictures within his ring...
Fo5OGMV.png

... being in an Ice field is one of the moments we are getting remembered how cold space really is...
N7czM3I.jpg

...Tom continues his journey and he will try to travel at least 1000ly per Day towards beagle point...
0uLsY0E.png

Last edited:
A snowewhite star...
0BA5aUa.png

Sidenote: i cant get a good screenshot but since 2-3 Jumps green things are following Bob between the systems.
maybe just a bug in Toms optical sensors but you can't be sure... Tom is trying to get better shots of them.

UEJi8yn.png
[/SPOILE

Last edited:
Tom is followed by green Spaceflies jumping between systems...
GayxUk7.png

SzXRW38.png

TMBdgnN.png

PnKMIRy.png

Tom cant get very good photos of those green spaceflies but they are seemingly following him during his jumps between systems they are getting closer and the largest group of them was consisting of 3 so far... but maybe Tom is just paranoid after what happend to Bob.

Last edited:
In PRAEA EUQ GO-S B45-0 1250.64ly away from Aksyonov Terminal Tom found some degraded emissions...
6InxCOz.png

... found the wrecks of a small group of explorers...
qs8moHx.png

...but what happend to them? Did they ran out of fuel did their FSD's had a malfunction... or something or someone else did this...

4BLEsNV.png

...we will find out in a not so distant future.

------------------------------------------------
What places do you want Tom to visit on his travels? Its a long way to Beagle Point and there is a lot to see if you are out there and exploring do you want to meet Tom? Make suggestions like you did for Bob!

Last edited:
On his way to the next waypoint Tom discovered some Degraded Emissions but like always just wrecks...
52K0wnY.png

2,417.03ly away from Aksyonov Terminal Tom met CMDR. Mad Dog Murdock...
wMW9mab.png

...CMDR Mad Dog Murdock did head back to the bubble after saying that he feels sorry about what happend to Bob...
UFrlSK0.png

Last edited:
Thats the end of day 1 Tom is now 3,005.23ly away from Aksyonov Terminal and 62,321.71ly from his destination Beagle Point.
Dq5Ji1u.png

Tom is looking at the sunrise and wonders whats going to come...
BtZwiXv.png

...are the rumors just rumors or is there more to them?
D5SLHql.png

But if we work together we are going to win...
Ely5Ldf.png

... and if we dont win... we will at least have tried our best.
1rFZo97.png

I hope you all enjoyed Toms journey so far and hopefully he will arrive at his destination!
E8wAicc.png

And if you want Tom to visit a special place or meet you -if you are out there- make a suggestion! Tom is currently in SMOJAI DR-L BB-1

Last edited:
Glad I managed to catch up with Tom to wish him well before he got too far.

fgY5tVX.png

I'll be following his journey as he carries Bob's flame to Beagle Point.
Go Tom!!

And if you want Tom to visit a special place or meet you -if you are out there- make a suggestion! Tom is currently in SMOJAI DR-L BB-1

I would be keen to meet him, as I may have a special mission for him. Does he have a cargo rack? Even a 2T one will do.

CMDR Brother Sabathius

Day 2. - 21. June 3302 To carry a legacy!

Today Tom didn't go far...
UCXH8no.png

...he stayed in SMOJAI DR-L BB-1...
HEn5JPd.png

...to receive a very special container from CMDR Brother Sabathius and his Sidewinder...
y72oomF.png

...after a bit of waiting CMDR Brother Sabathius arrived with his Sidewinder...
wnCUS19.png

...before the cargo transfer they had a nice talk and took a look if the Sidewinder can fit inside the Keelback...
wsq7JbE.png

... with a bit of cutting here and there it would maybe work...
KpxcPg8.png

...a short time later Tom received the special cargo...
BEyvyjV.png

...and both flew their way...
xpC3ofv.jpg

About the Cargo: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...r-s-Legacy-(A-suggestion-about-Lavian-Brandy)

Tom is going to hand the Container to a CMDR he meets in Sag. A* or beyond.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
That took some fast flying to catch up in time :)

It was great to meet up with Tom and to pass on the Wanderlust Legacy so that its journey in the Void can continue.

A special place to visit, which you aren't far away from, is the Bug Nebula. You can find it on the map under that name. Fly safe Tom, may you honour Bobs memory. o7

Top Bottom