Modes Bonus for doing CGs in Open

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I am all for this, and mind you; I mostly play in PGs.

That said... the major problem, even in PGs like Mobius, is that it can take minutes to instance with the Starport. Minutes that I spend watching a transition animation. Regarding CGs, I tend to do them in Solo; not because I am affraid of getting ganked (I can allways add them to the blocklist), but, in fact, that I have to sit and wait for the instance to be created.

THAT is... THE problem.

Last edited:
No thanks.

There are already benefits for doing CGs in open. You get to interact with other players. That is the point.

But this is no reason to penalise players who want to do a CG in solo.

Also, until FD resolve the issue with pad blocking, there is no way this could work.

The benefit is playing with other people in the mix. You don't get extra points for this selection.

There'll be some more vicious people along shortly to inform you of this matter in a louder tone, and then the thread will devolve into pointless debate about modes.

Signed, an Open-Only Player

We need a way that promotes open play but in Order to do this they have to fix the core problems, they have to ask themselves why people play in solo or pg people do this bc they dont want to get ganked and loose all there Progress thats especially a Problem for people that dont have much time but i dont think that everything has to be done in Open but also people have to realize that solo and pg has a influence in the game and Open Players dont have a real Chance to Fight against a possible Attack and thats also Not fair

While I usually would support this. I'll be happy with just powerplay going open only, that would be enough.

This man of the way of the gun, speaks the truth of the matter. I'd just like frontier to get a single positive change in. Just one. That'd be grand.

Also, it's not that open needs more draw-cards, it's that modes should better reflect the differences so that the experience remains more universal and less distorted; that may require inputs to be different, to achieve the same basic result. This seems to be lost on people, who think things should be "the same" on principle, even if that creates entirely different outcomes.

But I digress. I think Sandy was of the same mind a while ago, but realised that prioritising a mode isn't the go; it's perhaps making sure each has parity in delivery and outcomes (hence making distinctions in mechanics like powerplay) rather than purely identical in mechanics (which creates great disparity).

Moving on. Bonus prioritises a mode, rather than corrects an issue with how the outcomes are derived.

Or maybe the devs could just make CG worth doing in the first place, adding a cherry for doing them in open wouldnt make me want to do them.

No ta.

Powerplay is well-suited to be an Open-only thing because it's designed to pit groups of players against each other within a very specific framework of rules and mechanics.

CGs are very much do it your way, and have an appeal to the wider playerbase.

That's the key difference, imo.

Re-read the topic, which uses such words as 'bonus' and 'benefit'. Note the words 'open only' appear in the op's post exactly zero times. But, it's okay, you do you.

lol

Nice try.

What... how.... but he is perfectly right!
"open only" was never mentioned by the OP and I didn't read his proposal as an attempt to propagate it! It was about an incentive to increast the allure of open mode, not make it mandatory!

And personally, I wouldn't mind in the least if there were such a benefit for playing in open.

In respect of how it could be done - well, easy enough I guess. At least "easy" as it would be the same game mechanic as the one to be implemented for "Open-Only Power Play":
Add an internal flag to any transaction done in open mode. As long as this flag is set, the commander will earn 10% more when cashing in.
As soon as the modes are changed to solo or PG, delete the flags; the earnings will just be standard.

The real problem with this suggestion is human psychology (and maybe the mindset of modern gamers?):
Not getting benefits for something is actually percepted as taking away something from the player.
So the dicussion will not be: "Oh, i'ts awesome that I will earn more when playing in open!", but "Screw you FDev, you PUNISH me for playing in solo!"
And this is, why we can not have nice things ...

--

Edit:
However, I perfectly agree with the statement that open has serious problems other than the danger of gankers (which do exist for sure, but are overrated imo).
The mentioned instance refreshing for CGs is one of them and the reason why I do them in solo, too.
Pad-blocking is another one - but this is beeing looked at (independently to open-only PP).

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom