Buckyball Racing Club (and Loose Screws) presents: Ring Tossers Rally (Triple Eight Championship, Race 2)

After my limited route testing, I can’t tell whether my initial instincts were correct, whether the “Plan B” route might be slightly shorter, or whether there’s simply too much variability in my technique to actually distinguish between the two.

I suspect it’s the last option. ;)

This race is certainly going to prove interesting.

Bonus details have been added to the post above, also here:

The race will include a barnstorming bonus contest, in which pilots may submit their single highest speed at point of transit, as well as the body in question. A bonus will be applied according to the Bruski factor, devised by and named for our season's Manager:

Square root of Speed in C times 15 rounded down.

This translates to:
1c = 15 second bonus
4c = 30
9c = 45
16c = 60
25c = 75
36c = 90

In addition, the fastest transit speed recorded in each class will receive an additional :15 bonus.

Bonus details have been added to the post above, also here:

The race will include a barnstorming bonus contest, in which pilots may submit their single highest speed at point of transit, as well as the body in question. A bonus will be applied according to the Bruski factor, devised by and named for our season's Manager:

Square root of Speed in C times 15 rounded down.

This translates to:
1c = 15 second bonus
4c = 30
9c = 45
16c = 60
25c = 75
36c = 90

In addition, the fastest transit speed recorded in each class will receive an additional :15 bonus.
Does the fastest speed in class lose their bonus again once someone else goes faster?

Oh yes. The 'fastest' bonus will only be awarded at the end of the race, so while the holder of the fastest time will be indicated with a *, it will not factor into their calculated time. Probably.
So, someone's who's sat in 2nd with a * might actually be first?

03VzskG.gif

Last edited:

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
That was good fun. I had a couple of runs this afternoon, picked out what I thought would be a good route through and tried it one way and then in reverse and there was only about 20 seconds between the two ways.

I have learnt that planets 7 and 8 are the worst because of how far they are from the nearest star, it makes picking out the rings quite hard. But run submitted, we shall see how it stacks up.

What with loads of probing to be done and Titan Hadad exploding at 3am and all that going on I haven't had much time yet but nevertheless, unlimited run submitted.

Note 1: The submission form doesn't have the Alliance Chieftain (or any of the Alliance ships actually) on the list so I had to lie and say I was flying a Federal ship instead.

Note 2: I think this will be my last run in the Chieftain. It seemed fine in practice but racing for real its supercruise turn rates are really quite painful.

Back to the drawing board on ship choice I think.

Last edited:
Top Bottom