Buckyball Racing Club (and Loose Screws) presents: Ring Tossers Rally (Triple Eight Championship, Race 2)

So I was racing the other night and this happened:
Regular Run #01 2024-05-24 21-32-29 - frame at 8m34s cropped.jpg

That didn't take long!

It's already gone by now. Got the message last night while I was listening to some Fungoida band, I think they called themselves "Setisis Gold"...
Should have posted it last night, but circumstances kept me away from the computer yesterday. Today, otoh, new submissions will be submitted :)unsure:) for Unlimited and Regulation tomorrow.
Well that.....was a truly pitiful attempt. Just couldn't get my s%$t together, all over the place.

In my defense, though, my horse spooked and stamped on my ankle yesterday and I'm in a lot of pain.
Nasty! I'm afraid I would have called the horse rude names, which wouldn't have helped calm the poor beast down.

First leader boards are up. They are very different races, but fast is fast. 14c in REGU-&$^&ING-LATION? Come on.

And sulu. smh
Wow, some of those speeds are amazing! 14C in regulation! (i.e. without SCO) 😲 ... that sounds incredible!!

I was actually going to switch to regulation today but then Sulu and his 17C bonus came along and now I'm 17 abandoned unlimited runs down and nothing to show for it except this lousy blooper reel! :ROFLMAO:

Source: https://youtu.be/jvsDcPTGTYY

Wow, some of those speeds are amazing! 14C in regulation! (i.e. without SCO) 😲 ... that sounds incredible!!

I was actually going to switch to regulation today but then Sulu and his 17C bonus came along and now I'm 17 abandoned unlimited runs down and nothing to show for it except this lousy blooper reel! :ROFLMAO:

Source: https://youtu.be/jvsDcPTGTYY
That looked quite expensive. One of the reasons I'm not able to join you in this race - and possibly even the next one or two. 10,000,000 Cr won't get me far if I wanted to compete on a higher level than stout last.

Yeah, value of credits in this game is weird. Like I'm poor in my terms of still not being able to afford a fleet carrier but on the other hand the cost of outfitting and rebuying several Imperial Clippers is pretty much negligible (at least I assume it is, I literally haven't paid any attention to outfitting or rebuy costs for years). That said, I think the Sidey is probably even better at this than the Cliiper (and a lot cheaper), unfortunately tho, having come in the top five in the first race using one I'm not allowed to use it again now.

Is this a self-set rule or one I didn't know of?

Inspired by CMDR Sgurr's use of the Imperial Courier, Asp Scout, Cobra Mk. III, Eagle Mk II, Sidewinder, and Dolphin in last year's Unlimited class, the Race Marshals have decided they are bored of seeing so many Vipers and Couriers on the podium and have implemented a new anti-boredom rule. Any racer who places in the top 5 in unlimited will have that ship "locked" and will no longer receive more than 15 points (6th place) in any following race that season during which they enter the same ship type. This should encourage the top racers (last season this would only affect 10 racers) to spread their wings more and explore a variety of vehicles for mayhem. If you do not place in the top 5 this does not affect you. If you do, don't use that ship type again in unlimited for the season.

Inspired by CMDR Sgurr's use of the Imperial Courier, Asp Scout, Cobra Mk. III, Eagle Mk II, Sidewinder, and Dolphin in last year's Unlimited class, the Race Marshals have decided they are bored of seeing so many Vipers and Couriers on the podium and have implemented a new anti-boredom rule. Any racer who places in the top 5 in unlimited will have that ship "locked" and will no longer receive more than 15 points (6th place) in any following race that season during which they enter the same ship type. This should encourage the top racers (last season this would only affect 10 racers) to spread their wings more and explore a variety of vehicles for mayhem. If you do not place in the top 5 this does not affect you. If you do, don't use that ship type again in unlimited for the season.

I totally missed that.
Is it worth the race organisers to include a reminder of that rule for those who missed it or like me who are likely to forget with each race :ROFLMAO:

Top Bottom