Bug: Class 3 Fragment Cannons now fail to deploy.

As of 3308-03-15 on PC Horizons, the Class 3 Fragment Cannons:
  • Appear in the holographic HUD fire groups while retracted.
  • Disappear from the HUD groups while hardpoints are deployed.
  • Do not deploy along with the other hardpoints, not even visually.
  • Have no reticule.
  • Do not fire.

Other related tests:
  • The problem occurs across seemingly all starships (tested Mamba, Imperial Cutter, Imperial Clipper).
  • Other class 3 weapons deploy correctly, including the Pacifier.
  • Other non-class-3 Fragment Cannons deploy correctly (tested class 2).

I have not changed any modules/settings, and it was all functional yesterday.
Needless to say, this puts me effectively out of action.

Image - Class 4 (top) and class 1s (wing tips) deployed, while class 3s (wing body) are shut:
8aSFGx.jpg

Oh How are they engineered...have you tried turning them Off and on again in the mean time..
Legacy console non engineered versions are working... on legacy console horizons build...I
Edit= Ive yet to do thermal engineering builds but if it breaks them I won't be doing that...

Last edited:
It fails with:
  • Non-engineered.
  • Overcharged Incendiary.
  • Overcharged Drag munitions.
Neither cycling the module power nor moving them around in Outfitting changes the situation.

As of 3308-03-15 on PC Horizons, the Class 3 Fragment Cannons:
  • Appear in the holographic HUD fire groups while retracted.
  • Disappear from the HUD groups while hardpoints are deployed.
  • Do not deploy along with the other hardpoints, not even visually.
  • Have no reticule.
  • Do not fire.

Other related tests:
  • The problem occurs across seemingly all starships (tested Mamba, Imperial Cutter, Imperial Clipper).
  • Other class 3 weapons deploy correctly, including the Pacifier.
  • Other non-class-3 Fragment Cannons deploy correctly (tested class 2).

I have not changed any modules/settings, and it was all functional yesterday.
Needless to say, this puts me effectively out of action.

Image - Class 4 (top) and class 1s (wing tips) deployed, while class 3s (wing body) are shut:
8aSFGx.jpg
It's already been reported in this thread - https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/large-frag-canons-not-working-in-horizons.600800/ - which also has a link to the issue in their Issue tracker.

My Mamba is just as crippled as yours right now, which is why I'm going to spend my evening playing anything BUT Elite Dangerous.

Additional tests:
  • Deploy fails in Horizons and non-Horizons.
  • Deploy succeeds in Odyssey.

Secondary bug found:
In non-Horizons, only 17 of my 22 starships stored on my Fleet Carrier can be selected in the Shipyard (services menu shows 22).
Switching to Horizons, selecting from the full list, then switching back to non-Horizons was a workaround.

Same issue on the Chieftain ... class 1 and 2 Frags deploy and work as expected, class 3s remain retracted (Horizons).

Same issue with the Anaconda. I'm noticing that this only happens for my gimballed frag cannons, not for the turreted or fixed ones.

Ahhh....yet another bug introduced with the new update.

@FDEV get your stuff together. I seriously cannot understand how you guys break other things WITH EVERY SINGLE UPDATE you guys bring out

Another reason why freezing dev for Horizons might actually be a good thing?
Just saying...

I'll take my coat 😇
They didn't freeze dev for Horizon to focus on odyssey.
They did it because they couldn't bring Odyssey to console and it was too much work to maintain both build. As a result they can ignore horizon and work on Odyssey.

The distinction is important.

Some people think suddenly many resources will be poured into ED and it will all be better. But in truth, those resources were already use on the game, to optimize it. And it didn't work as much as expected.

They didn't freeze dev for Horizon to focus on odyssey.
They did it because they couldn't bring Odyssey to console and it was too much work to maintain both build. As a result they can ignore horizon and work on Odyssey.

The distinction is important.

Some people think suddenly many resources will be poured into ED and it will all be better. But in truth, those resources were already use on the game, to optimize it. And it didn't work as much as expected.

I didnt said that.

They froze Horizons to cut costs
They're not porting Odyssey to consoles since it seems that Optimizing Odyssey is requiring too much resources - so, costs cutting
The fact that they had finished first half of FY2022 at a loss leads to obvious cost reduction initiatives

Even carrier jumping around. Why bringing up more servers to maintain 15 minutes jump timer when you can queues jumps, reach 56 minutes per jump, and save some money in the process?

As of 3308-03-17, Class 3 Fragment Cannons are still unusable and have been so for 2 days.

Many, many Commanders are between hamstrung and shut down due to this. For a couple of non-combat comparisons, imagine mining without Collector limpets, or the FSS locating planets but not discovering them remotely.

The issue has been recognised formally. For this one, I can just about acknowledge a day each for detection, investigation and correction; beyond that, I am of the opinion that it justifies reverting update 11 prior to the weekend.

As of 3308-03-17, Class 3 Fragment Cannons are still unusable and have been so for 2 days.

Many, many Commanders are between hamstrung and shut down due to this. For a couple of non-combat comparisons, imagine mining without Collector limpets, or the FSS locating planets but not discovering them remotely.

The issue has been recognised formally. For this one, I can just about acknowledge a day each for detection, investigation and correction; beyond that, I am of the opinion that it justifies reverting update 11 prior to the weekend.

IIRC that's a Horizons issue.
If so, deploying a fix will take extra time since Consoles patches are have to pass MS/Sony procedures.

Edit: they will not roll back the Update. But you can use other weapons until they deploy the fix

IIRC that's a Horizons issue.
If so, deploying a fix will take extra time since Consoles patches are have to pass MS/Sony procedures.

Edit: they will not roll back the Update. But you can use other weapons until they deploy the fix

Wrong on two accounts.

1. Consoles are not receiving any new updates.
This includes update 11. Indeed, class 3 Fragment Cannons work on consoles.
Either way, this precludes taking extra time due to that.

2. One can not just "use other weapons" to the same effect.
Fragment Cannons are superior in a way which I can describe only by approximate analogy.
It is the equivalent of class 7-8 Cargo Racks no longer functioning, and being told that it is fine just to use class 6 there in the meantime.

Hot fix 11.1 is required to fix many other issues that have shown up... that can include a fix for this on PC horizons
All of the Update 11 horizons items were pushed to console... But console did not get this bug it was exclusive to PC again showng that the cobra engine is not copy and paste from one platform to another...

• Fleet Carrier tariffs (as described in the Odyssey Fleet Carrier section) were made backwards compatible. (yep is on console)
  • Some stability fixes were added. ( critical issue )
  • An incorrect string when selecting the Multi-Limpet Controller in Outfitting was fixed.
  • Hairstyles displaying incorrectly in Holo-Me were fixed. (PS5 issue)
  • Crew voices changing upon re-launch of the game or switching modes was fixed.
  • Fleet Carrier nameplates and decals appearing off-centre was fixed.
  • A lack of notifications for Fleet Carrier jumps until 10 seconds beforehand was fixed. (woot was an issue on console.)
This was a Critical compliance release for Console horizons we know that because they forced the update and forced a client update install..
New features wont release but Compliance for old features allready released and out will still need console patches to go through microsoft/ sony so if fdev want to do a hot fix critical compliance patch to fix what was broken on console from update 11 it will still be going through for console 11.1 as well...

Yes my geforce now PC horizon account is going to be effected... They can in time fix this with PC horizons hot fix but a roll back will break way more... when my PC horizons account lands on my PS4 FC...

Wrong on two accounts.

1. Consoles are not receiving any new updates.
This includes update 11. Indeed, class 3 Fragment Cannons work on consoles.
Either way, this precludes taking extra time due to that.

2. One can not just "use other weapons" to the same effect.
Fragment Cannons are superior in a way which I can describe only by approximate analogy.
It is the equivalent of class 7-8 Cargo Racks no longer functioning, and being told that it is fine just to use class 6 there in the meantime.
Incorrect. Horizon/console players still be receiving bug fixes...

Top Bottom