Ships Build PvE: How do you see it

I'm currently running https://tinyurl.com/ybkf4amh for my 'vette. The engineering is what I'm working on, but so far(with the little work I've done so far as of now), she's a monster with the AI controlled mothership or fighter, depending of you're needing your NPC crew to be a distraction against a semi-tough opponent or to just outright murder any criminals

Fastest/easiest PVE kill method in a corvette is to ram things using 4:1:1 with a fast-charge 7C thermal bi-weave and 3xHD + 4xRes.Aug; Anaconda shields are ALWAYS gone with a direct hit, your shield will be on 2.5 rings and full again soon. 1-pip in ENG is enough for the minimal boosting you need to do and 1 pip in WEP capacitor usually lasts enough to finish off a rammed target. Personally I enjoy moving pips around a lot and FA-off drift-boosting everywhere because it's fun, but you don't need to do that.

Fit an SLF+NPC crew and equip it with a multicannon fighter for best hull dps, because medium/large are shieldless the instant you ram them.

Efficient beam turrets on everything except the C4s, which run multicannons. I fit one corrosive, one autoloader and prefer to overcharge + synthesis. Ammo still lasts because you don't need to use the MCs much. I tend to squeeze off a single shot just to apply the corrosive debuff and let the turrets do the rest. Hell, you could even replace the non-corrosive MC with a C3 beam turret if you were feeling extra lazy.

Anything you ram just gets annihilated. Anacondas are often gone in about five seconds if you can get a direct smash (rather than a glancing blow) and snipe the PP at point-blank with the MCs. Don't forget to fast-scan mod your KWS because nothing lasts the 10s required for a regular scan.

CNBs spawn wanted targets faster than Hazrez, it would seem. Maybe that's just my luck though.

Thank you for your opinions, I am very useful.

I apologize for the question, but I do not understand your message that you want to tell me in this sentence: is to ram things using 4:1:1...What "ram" means ?

Fly Safe !

Thank you for your opinions, I am very useful.

I apologize for the question, but I do not understand your message that you want to tell me in this sentence: is to ram things using 4:1:1...What "ram" means ?

Fly Safe !

Intentionally crashing into opponents, i.e., 'ramming' will take a huge chunk out of their shields, or collapse them entirely. The reference to 4:1:1 means four pips to systems, one pip each to engines and weapons.

Does this help?

Ramming = crashing into enemies at full speed.

Your Corvette's best weapon is the 1600T of mass hitting the enemy at 250+ m/s. It can do 4000 RAW damage that completely ignores shield resistances, too.

4:1:1 means 4 pips to SYS, 1 pip to ENG, and 1 pip to WEP. Having 4 pips in SYS means that you only take 40% of the damage when you ram something.

In a head-on crash between two ships, the damage is based on mass so in a huge Corvette you do LOADS of damage to other ships and they do much less damage to you in return. Of the big ships, Anacondas are light and worth ramming, but Cutters, other Corvettes, T-9 and T-10 are best to avoid. You'll do lots of damage to them but you'll lose a lot of your shields too.

Edit: I'm too slow, wrmiller got here before me! o7

Hello,

I'm thinking of equipping a Corvette to "Smash" NPC in a HRES and raise the two levels that I lack to reach the Elite level. I am looking for something that takes little time to destroy any ship and that does not require too much to go to refuel munitions to the base or make synthesis.

I have thought about this configuration: https://goo.gl/YHCEJ3

How do you see it for that purpose?

Thank you for your help :)

After a lot of experiments i currently run all turret efficient burst lasers + 2 huge efficient beams , but it is all subject to change . I started with gimballed rapid fire pulses +2x huge MC , then switched to 1 huge gimballed efficient beam , 1 huge rapid fire pulse , 1 large MC and rest rapid fire gimballed pulses . But now i grow good enough at aiming that i can use fixed beams properly and they are awesome , rest of weapons are subject to change but efficient bursts provide me with decent firepower , good capacitor balance and very good heat efficiency

Yes I learned very early on in the Vette that it is really fun to ram with. It kills enemy shields without a scratch to your hull.

Yeah, it's the only >1000T ship that steers where you point it. You can certainly try in a Cutter/Beluga/T-9/T-10 but those ships either don't change direction when you turn them, or just don't even turn at all!

I run this:
2x huge PAs G5 efficient, 1 target lock breaker, 1 phasing sequence. This forced me to learn to aim PAs so I'm better in PvP now. Plus engineered these huge PAs CRUSH when they hit.

1 Lrg and 2x Med Long range beams, thermal vent. With thermal vent as long as you hit target the heat is about zilch.
1 small turreted beams efficient. I experimented with a few different things and settled on this as enough dps to keep the target under pressure but since they are always firing even when I'm not aimed at target I needed efficient to keep heat and distributor use down some.

The long range beams are just amazing and melt small targets and kills shields quickly on large ones. The long range is great against faster runaway ships.
I should mention I have A class G5 engineered Pwr.Plant and distributor too. I'm not sure how 3 longrange beams would fare on stock ones.
My guess is heat up and drain the distributor quickly.

Last edited:
Top Bottom