COMPLETED CG Caine Massey Mining Initiative

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
My understanding is that you can if you use the right-panel transfer to put it in/take it out of the hold, but not if you use the market.
Ah great, I will try that tomorrow and see as that's what I did in last CG when I filled FC myself and then unloaded myself.
Not starting CG yet as footy is on, so going to pub (also need short break after last CG!!!)

Mining + discount for mining equipment as reward = Hard pass 🤓

It does feel that way.

Why not offer us an efficient+flow controlled mining laser or two as a reward? Those things suck power, it would actually be relevant to deliver one that produces more fragments for less juice.

BTW about this discount which is a reward:

I suspected that it might be, on the other hand, that doesn't turn it into a reward for the players who do the work... They haven't even made sure the selling prices of those ores is any good. There are better places to turn a profit with the same cargo, and that's really off.

I'm legit up for a mining CG, but this one isn't offering anything of value, so I'll be over here working towards a cutter instead.

Can't say that I see any advantages in any reduced mining equipment as I am already set up with a great mining Anaconda at 256T cargo and already make 64M/hr mining Plat/Osm/Pain and is very efficient at Harma 7 or Col 285 double plat HS and these Metallic rings already include Gal and Sam.
Think I will mine and fill FC and include Gal/Sam and maybe some Brom for a change in Pristine Metal Rich (also available at other rings in Harma BTW), then see what to do with all the lovely cargo in a few days (will I get 'Boiled Up'? - not a chance!!!).

Last edited:
OK FDEV I very rarely criticize as I think you do a great job. However this CG reward is terrible. Even a noob can afford any mining equipment they need, you might as well offer me 10% off limpets as what you are offering here.

To do serious work on a CG I want something I cannot buy, long rage limpets, hardened limpets, Class 2 modified mining lasers. Give me something to work for!

As a mark of good faith, while I am mining for Platinum tonight I will remove Gallite from my ignore list and deliver any that I collect to the CG of my choice.

I love CGs, 6 years ago they took me to places I had never been, led me to do things I had never done and expanded the game for me. The rewards have helped me to get things that I wanted including my fleet carrier. Sorry but this one benefits no-one.

OK FDEV I very rarely criticize as I think you do a great job. However this CG reward is terrible. Even a noob can afford any mining equipment they need, you might as well offer me 10% off limpets as what you are offering here.

To do serious work on a CG I want something I cannot buy, long rage limpets, hardened limpets, Class 2 modified mining lasers. Give me something to work for!

As a mark of good faith, while I am mining for Platinum tonight I will remove Gallite from my ignore list and deliver any that I collect to the CG of my choice.

I love CGs, 6 years ago they took me to places I had never been, led me to do things I had never done and expanded the game for me. The rewards have helped me to get things that I wanted including my fleet carrier. Sorry but this one benefits no-one.
If this CG was offering some nice modules or a big payout, I would be extremely annoyed.

Sorry but this one benefits no-one.

It benefits me, though, and I think a handful other people who don't want to grind every single week or miss some crazy rewards. Especially after a serious effort like the previous CG(s).
Personally, Fdev has my thanks for letting me take a small break, even if they didn't purposefully design that CG as an easily skippable one (or did they ?).

Oh, and I'll add that I'd be more than fine with one weekly CG per month, so I could go for some short exploration trips without FOMO.

EDIT : and just fyi, I like CGs.
I joined the game at a time where CGs had been gone for a while with no plans to bring them back, and iirc same for Galnet news, and I'm pretty happy both were brought back.

Last edited:
just a guess but as others allready posted because many hate mining and are burned out from last cargo run CG...
So having say a CG give away Efficient and long range and plasma slug PAs would mean burned our players would miss that option...
A war/blockade story with tech broker unlocks would have been better as both empire and feds have items that could still be added and those burned out could pay via mats at a later day at tech broker...

Last edited:
Yeah... I'm all for roleplay Community goals, but even that fails in this case; you basically have the least favorite Empire power against the entire Federation.

I'm just perplexed as to what they were aiming for here. The only results I can see happening is maintaining the status quo. And people won't even make any money while they are doing it.

Couldn't they at least increase the profits to match the things people usually mine? It would at least be moderately interesting to mine bromellite instead of platinum for once, if it paid even close to the same ballpark. But it's offering 60k each, while you can get five times that easily for platinum.

So... Why? Literally nobody has any incentive to participate in this community goal at this point. Not the miners, not the role players... Nobody.

It does feel that way.

Why not offer us an efficient+flow controlled mining laser or two as a reward? Those things suck power, it would actually be relevant to deliver one that produces more fragments for less juice.
That engineering on a Class 2 mining laser would be overpowered. That said, I think there is opportunity for engineering on a Class 2 mining laser.

What I would like to see is overcharged. The biggest problem with the new class one mining lasers that we got, was that there just aren't enough hardpoints to use them efficiently.

If they added a new class 2 mining laser that mines twice as fast and also used twice as much power, that would remain balanced, while leaving more hardpoints available for efficient class 1 lasers.

Yeah... I'm all for roleplay Community goals, but even that fails in this case; you basically have the least favorite Empire power against the entire Federation.

I'm just perplexed as to what they were aiming for here. The only results I can see happening is maintaining the status quo. And people won't even make any money while they are doing it.

Couldn't they at least increase the profits to match the things people usually mine? It would at least be moderately interesting to mine bromellite instead of platinum for once, if it paid even close to the same ballpark. But it's offering 60k each, while you can get five times that easily for platinum.

So... Why? Literally nobody has any incentive to participate in this community goal at this point. Not the miners, not the role players... Nobody.
Feds have been on the losing side of every Rival CG since EDO launched...
Due to this FDEV likely expected this to once again go anti fed... because many a fed side CG failed to reach tier 1, adding a prize to the fed side that would not reach tier 1 would be a waste of time.
This is looking to be the first rival fed CG win since before may 2021...
It going fed win was not the normal during 2021 feds were too lose each one...

Feds have been on the losing side of every Rival CG since EDO launched...
Due to this FDEV likely expected this to once again go anti fed... because many a fed side CG failed to reach tier 1, adding a prize to the fed side that would not reach tier 1 would be a waste of time.
This is looking to be the first rival fed CG win since before may 2021...
It going fed win was not the normal during 2021 feds were too lose each one...

I mean, you can hardly blame that on the fact they were feds. They included such genius ideas as the space patriot act, attacking people who didn't like the space patriot act, and trying to kidnap yuri grom in the middle of a diplomatic discussion.

[...]
Or: The PP faction focused on mining against some no name (non-player) minor faction.

Caine Massey certainly isn't more "the entire Federation" than Torval is "the entire Empire".

Or: The PP faction focused on mining against some no name (non-player) minor faction.

Caine Massey certainly isn't more "the entire Federation" than Torval is "the entire Empire".
Caine-massey is just vaguely Federation, which allows all fed players to participate without guilt.

If it were owned personally by the Hudson family, for example, then his bad laundry would come along with it, like Torval's does.

The results are pretty obvious, as they always are with competitive Community goals like this; the winner is determined in the first 12 hours, and the rest of it is just window dressing.

Caine-massey is just vaguely Federation, which allows all fed players to participate without guilt.

If it were owned personally by the Hudson family, for example, then his bad laundry would come along with it, like Torval's does.

The results are pretty obvious, as they always are with competitive Community goals like this; the winner is determined in the first 12 hours, and the rest of it is just window dressing.
But wasn't Torval ahead the first 12 hours?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom