Call to Arms for a Free Colonia

Greetings,

We received an approach from Isaiah Evenson on the CEI Discord to begin negotiations for a peaceful settlement to this conflict. We have responded and are copying our response in full to this forum for public consumption.

View attachment 189581
For reference, the link to the communication is here.

Thanks.

weak. needs more drama! much more drama!!!

enjoy your fire.

A Response! Nice one :)

I think most of that 'one condition' is against ToS anyway, bulling, brigading and harassment so its half way there already.

'Unanimous.....No strategic reason (atm).....no amount of terrorizing will change our minds' - Then rules for negotiations set out which seem 'reasonable' but does come down to that one word already pointed out 'Toxicity'. Can negotiate with gankers & pirates, can negotiate with pmf and squadrons, can't negotiate with griefers or salt miners.

Seems to me that one side maybe has to prove there arent any griefers in their ranks and they can control either their own words (Anarchy) or they have a system to stop people from speaking without penalty (normal 'rules' of a squadron etc) before the other side is willing to trust them again to open negotiations. Until that point they dont seem to see the need or any reason and the threats against the bubble and Colonia have to stop or they aint ever gonna trust there is any organised 'group' to negotiate with. Neither side particularly trust each other at the moment. Someone has to 'give' something somewhere even if it does mean a short term loss of pride or 'face'.....

So what is an Anarchy? A place where people are responsible for their own actions and adhere to some sort of social order if not hierarchy or a place where nobody is responsible for their own actions? If the latter, who is there to negotiate with, who speaks for all? How can you be trusted?

Im watching this one with interest. :)

Dont be a stranger so long next time, please post more.

Seems to me that one side maybe has to prove there arent any griefers in their ranks
They won't do that, to do so would lose face for an allegedly lawful organisation.
(If an out-of-game tool, to show murders, created by a particular organisation, shows their own membership as murderers in their current location, yet not the alleged griefers, who are the griefers?)

Greetings,

We received an approach from Isaiah Evenson on the CEI Discord to begin negotiations for a peaceful settlement to this conflict. We have responded and are copying our response in full to this forum for public consumption.

View attachment 189581
For reference, the link to the communication is here.

Thanks.

Color me surprised by that response:rolleyes:. Good that the AAAxis still has no clue what is going to happen next.

I also fixed a few things for you:

Fun2.png

Remind me again who broke the agreement we had.

Fun3.png

Drippy leaks has some of the stuff, but the real juicy things are still to come out. And you yourself are guilty of many of the points yourself. Don't throw with stones if you sit in the glasshouse.

i am an unaffiliated outside observer with no connections to any of the parties involved (you'll just have to take my word for that. no need for proof or so i've heard) and yet i find myself rooting for Loren's Reapers.

i generally support the law and order Elite: Dangerous community, again, you'll just have to take my word for this, but in this case it seems a little Anarchy would have been a good thing.

yep, same here.
I'm usually on the lawful side of the things (Lawful Neutral), but somehow i find myself rooting for LR

So what is an Anarchy? A place where people are responsible for their own actions and adhere to some sort of social order if not hierarchy or a place where nobody is responsible for their own actions? If the latter, who is there to negotiate with, who speaks for all? How can you be trusted?

that would be an interesting point about the internal dynamics in anarchy, but in regard to 'foreign relations' and 'negotiation tables' i guess they have the same authority as everybody else on the table: being those who have taken a seat to speak up unopposed. being a posh imperial of exquisite bloodline or being an appointed official are just circumstantial effects, almost purely aesthetical, they don't per-se confer any extra authority nor trust. in this context it's just bullarxe: we are more valuable than you.

the whole thing reeks of that but the core message is actually very explicit: in the end all they wanted was the rock and now that they got it there's no need to negotiate anything. finally! crystal clear, everything else is just drama. they wanted the rock badly and now they got it. on fire. all well! :)

ea1i5.jpg

A Response! Nice one :)

I think most of that 'one condition' is against ToS anyway, bulling, brigading and harassment so its half way there already.

'Unanimous.....No strategic reason (atm).....no amount of terrorizing will change our minds' - Then rules for negotiations set out which seem 'reasonable' but does come down to that one word already pointed out 'Toxicity'. Can negotiate with gankers & pirates, can negotiate with pmf and squadrons, can't negotiate with griefers or salt miners.

Seems to me that one side maybe has to prove there arent any griefers in their ranks and they can control either their own words (Anarchy) or they have a system to stop people from speaking without penalty (normal 'rules' of a squadron etc) before the other side is willing to trust them again to open negotiations. Until that point they dont seem to see the need or any reason and the threats against the bubble and Colonia have to stop or they aint ever gonna trust there is any organised 'group' to negotiate with. Neither side particularly trust each other at the moment. Someone has to 'give' something somewhere even if it does mean a short term loss of pride or 'face'.....

Dont be a stranger so long next time, please post more.
To me it reads like a statement that nothing is or ever has been negotatiable and discussions are closed, not that they were ever open.

Neither side has anything to offer the other so it looks like we all carry on doing what we're doing.

I'll just respond to the above. I don't know what anarchy is in general, but Loren's Reapers feel like a family, or very close friends. There is no hierarchy, only respect for the more experienced members. No orders, only requests and willingness to offer.

Trust? each one of us is a person of our word, because that's the right thing to do. But you don't have to trust me, our actions will show if I'm telling the truth.

Oh, you should :)

How about me? I was peacefully helping with the engineers' upgrades, and AAA made me a Reaper.
Actually, I should thank them :)
No mate, people should thank you for what you done. For trucking mats from the bubble to the Nebula on your own for 15 months to help develop the local engineers their skills. I wonder how many pilots know the story of Reaper Yianniv when they visit Mel or Etienne for their G5 tinkering and think 'Yianniv did that'. I know I do, and I'm damn proud to fly along with you(y)

Top Bottom