PvP Calling out all PvPers!

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
(...) Not trying to be rude, but this is a little bit like if I were to waltz into the main forums and declare that explorers need more organized content and then proposing a detailed plan to have a group exploration expedition across the galaxy where we'd all meet at predetermined waypoints.

You’re not rude and I appreciate your reply! :)

But I’m not declaring anything (the intro to my 1st post was obviously a joke), I’m just throwing ideas on how to overcome issues people are constantly complaining about here.

The thing is, it seems like there is just noone to catch those ideas, as all I hear in reply is to „find people to talk to”.

That’s just sad.

(...) This is why we despise people like you. (...)

As „we” the gankers, or „we” the cowards, or...?

Why should anyone care what such people think?

[meantime]

Don’t you see what I’m doing here „homie”?

How does it feel to be assaulted such way by me?

...now ponder on how people you gank might feel!

...or just ponder on any other than you human being’s feelings, as a good start. Who knows? You might find it a total gamechanger one day!

I trully wish you so. No irony here.

[meantime]

...or just ponder on any other than you human being’s feelings, as a good start. Who knows? You might find it a total gamechanger one day!

Your hypocrisy is astonishing. But I guess it's ok since you're so awesome.

Not PvPer. Ganker.

Do let me know when you’ll notice the difference. Then maybe we’ll be able to actually talk about it like civilized people.

Again. No irony here.
Facepalm G5 overcharged.

Ganking is a perfectly valid PvP activity according to game rules and mechanics.
This activity is pretty common in every PvP environments/games (e.g League of Legends).

I am assuming you are making the confusion between ganking and seal clubbing.
Do let us know when you’ll notice the difference. Then maybe we’ll be able to actually talk about it like civilized people.

I think this is a great idea! I am trying to get back in to Elite, but are having a hard time getting motivated. This kind of initiative is great! Maybe the developers can see the results of this conflicts, and take note of what works and what does not work to improve the game further in the long run.

(SQRT(-))²
"- just got real"

[meantime]

So this wasn't a good faith effort to provide fun PvP content to the community? Am I reading you right? Color me shocked.

I mean, at least 'gankers and griefers' provide quite a bit of value in this regard (as Starmony so helpfully pointed out!).

I'm a PvPer. I also gank people around the galaxy and sometimes I do seal club out of boredom. As I have stated numerous times on that other thread, the people you keep referring to as "gankers, not PvPers" are, in actual fact, PvPers.
So maybe, if you'd like to set up an event with the PvP community, calling us all names is probably a bad idea.

Back on topic, I appreciate the OP's efforts, but just like DW2, many of us don't have the flexibility and free time to participate in anything that requires out-of-game scheduling, a Discord account, a flowchart to understand all the event rules, etc. ED needs have this sort of thing built in, PvP CGs if you'd like, with PvP-only zones (no NPCs mucking things up). Until that happens, I'll be playing other games to enjoy PvP and using ED to "blaze my own trail" hundreds of LY from any ganker hotspot.

iu

Lol, op, try the real pvp that exists first, then let's hear how you can improve it. This pipedream is just that, a pipedream. There is loads of lawful vs outlaw stuff going on all the time, emergent, serious pvp between pilots who really care, almost every day. Or if you want to test your skills, you can go to shinny on any evening and get interdicted, or simply call people out outside Jameson. Those who think pvp in elite is non existent or rubbish, haven't been exposed to it. It needs some balance work, but a proper good vs evil, cops and robbers in space battle is just around the corner if that interests you. I like your ambitious style though.

I'm a PvPer. I also gank people around the galaxy and sometimes I do seal club out of boredom. As I have stated numerous times on that other thread, the people you keep referring to as "gankers, not PvPers" are, in actual fact, PvPers.
So maybe, if you'd like to set up an event with the PvP community, calling us all names is probably a bad idea.
Also, this.

Lol, op, try the real pvp that exists first, then let's hear how you can improve it. This pipedream is just that, a pipedream. There is loads of lawful vs outlaw stuff going on all the time, emergent, serious pvp between pilots who really care, almost every day. Or if you want to test your skills, you can go to shinny on any evening and get interdicted, or simply call people out outside Jameson. Those who think pvp in elite is non existent or rubbish, haven't been exposed to it. It needs some balance work, but a proper good vs evil, cops and robbers in space battle is just around the corner if that interests you. I like your ambitious style though.

Ambitious, eh? I only noticed self adoration by multiple declarations of awesomeness.

It’s interesting how much pvp is going on in the game under radar. Way I see it locking players in guilds and pitting them against each other will rarely work in ED. (Essentially because there’s nothing tangible to fight over) My favourite ED events are not curated, but organic, spontaneous. In any case there are plenty of both, do your research @kobayashi.

Or, better still, I could listen a little more about how awesome you are, Gaarp

Not PvPer. Ganker.
I shoot Harmless Sidewinders in the butt with force shell cannons. I myself am in a Sidewinder when I do this, and I never kill those new players, just shake them up a bit. I die alot, because I'm often in range of the station when I open fire. Not sure what this makes me - not a PvPer, not a Ganker, just a bored idiot I suppose.

I do enjoy those force shell cannons, however :D

The Replicated Man

T
This is interesting OP. I like your idea. However it has been tried before, and might take off.

But like a plane with bad gas it hovers for a bit and then crashes into oblivion.

The Elite PvP community has events that do happen here and there (PvP League, PvP Hub,Small Ship PvP League,Scenic Fight Nights,Zarek Null Events,Powerplay Events) and the turnout is ok.

However many just prefer "Vanilla" PvP. Where you fly to an area (CG,Shinrarta,Eravate,Wyrd,Singarli) and engage with people you have fought before, or fight new pilots. It has the possibility to turn into a gankfest yes, but most of the time the fights are enjoyable.

If you want to jumpstart this event, my suggestion would be looking for the GCI discord and The Citadel discord servers. Both are run by a conglomerate of PvP groups and they should be able to make your event happen, providing people are interested.

Count me in though if you decide to go ahead. I am always down for player events.

To be honest, there really isn't that much complaining about ganking on these forums.
In most games I've played if you wanted access to the high end PvE content you had to deal with unwanted PvP.
Since this game gives full access to everyone the whole thing is really a non-issue.

In short, I think the OP is trying to fix a problem that doesn't exist.

(...) As I have stated numerous times on that other thread, the people you keep referring to as "gankers, not PvPers" are, in actual fact, PvPers. (...)

Sure thing. Keep repeating this even more "numerous times" till it will definitely mean you're right! Well..., after enough of "numerous times" that is. It surely will! Keep it up! I have faith in you! :p

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom