PvP Calling out all PvPers!

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Generally the idea behind satire is that you don't make it this obvious.
Well sorry if you thought it was satire. I actually really meant it. If you think I am naive and dumb, so be it. If you have tried CQC recently and feel it is a complete waste of your time, so be it. I respect that. If you have not tried CQC in awhile, then you might consider trying it again because we do change in our perspectives.

I really love Elite Dangerous; therefore I post here on the forums because I am trying to build more consensus, tolerance and patience.

If you wish to clothe the game play in sarcasm, cynicism, pessimism, non-constructive criticism, impatience and self-pity, that is your right.

o7

- slange the mundane

Well sorry if you thought it was satire. I actually really meant it. If you think I am naive and dumb, so be it. If you have tried CQC recently and feel it is a complete waste of your time, so be it. I respect that. If you have not tried CQC in awhile, then you might consider trying it again because we do change in our perspectives.

I really love Elite Dangerous; therefore I post here on the forums because I am trying to build more consensus, tolerance and patience.

If you wish to clothe the game play in sarcasm, cynicism, pessimism, non-constructive criticism, impatience and self-pity, that is your right.

o7

- slange the mundane

Then you go play CQC and stay out of open.

-WorldsGreatestForumDad

But I like Open, too!

I suggested CQC as an alternative because some peeps seemed disillusioned with Open PvP so I highlighted the different challenges CQC has to offer.

Myself, I am quite happy in both genres. Sorry for the confusion.

o7

CQC sucks TBH, there are no rewards for playing it. There is no progression or Skill ladders. Just a time played ladder like the old prestige call of duty. It really needs an MMR ladder. To be honest it should be its own separate part of the game with ship and module unlocks, paint packs and so on.

CQC as it stands now is utterly useless and a waste of time.

Id personally rather use my own ships we put hours or even days into.

However after all this time, they could have increased the money, gave us materials for winning. All sorts of little things to get it populated.I find it odd they never tried to give it any push what so ever.

CQC sucks TBH, there are no rewards for playing it. There is no progression or Skill ladders. Just a time played ladder like the old prestige call of duty. It really needs an MMR ladder. To be honest it should be its own separate part of the game with ship and module unlocks, paint packs and so on.

CQC as it stands now is utterly useless and a waste of time.

Id personally rather use my own ships we put hours or even days into.

However after all this time, they could have increased the money, gave us materials for winning. All sorts of little things to get it populated.I find it odd they never tried to give it any push what so ever.

Agreed, the tangible rewards in CQC are nonexistent.

I think though, there is something to be said for honing one's skills in both CQC and Open. Being able to aim well, especially in FA off, with fixed weapons is an art that CQC does not offer. However, being able to pilot well an unengineered ship is pretty cool, too. I am trying to prepare for the upcoming Small Stock Ship Wing 4x4 PvP fight to be held in Open. I was appalled at how difficult I found it to fly a stock Viper MkIII, especially how much I relied on boosting to maneuver. I realized that I really need to improve my thruster technique. Of course, this is just my experience and mine might be an edge case. With Open, engineering allows one to build a ship that most suits one's playstyle. In CQC, one must adapt to the specifics of your chosen fighter. Both very interesting challenges for me.

o7

Hmm..

Seems like a way to build a forum list to add to blocked players in game. Not sure it was ever meant to actually have an event. You would have a sign up sheet and just enter all those names in your game and block them.

Solo does all of that plus you get a free set of steak knives, the bamboo steamer and a 2 year supply of preparation H.

I hereby necro this thread to ask the OP if anything ever came of the PvP event sans all the best-known PvPers.

Gaarp's event did happen, or more precisely, is ongoing.

In the unengineered ship division I managed to polish off Necro_Warrior and Blisto_Sombrero, back to back to make it to the final four in that category. The battle against Sombrero was close as I had 11% hull remaining about about 2 minutes left on life support. Good games to Necro and Sombrero. Play-offs this weekend. I'm hoping to take home the trophy in this category.

In the fully engineered Anaconda division I made it to the sweet 16 (out of 300 participants) but was disqualified from further participation when my pet Degu chewed through my ethernet cable and disconnected me. No hard feelings as I was losing anyways - and would have likely been eliminated. I think the rules on disconnects are a bit punitive, but I know why they have to be there.

Anyways, these are a great group of guys (and gals, wink @ Space_Vixxy), the only difficult part for me is when they start cracking jokes about the people on this forum who weren't invited to the event. Taco_Bob's joke about jasonbarron made me do a spit take - I blew a perfectly blended Cosmopolitan all over my monitor.

Good times.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom