Can we maybe not change ARX cosmetics on-the-fly, please?

Deleted member 110222

D
So, apparently you missed my points in the OP or just assumed I was joking by stating them.

Okay...
Dude you're literally crying about being able to change the colour of your ship!

Like, really? That's just dumb dude. If it really bothers you that much you must have a cra-cra good life, seeing as that's what warrants you going on the Internet demanding everyone else lose out because it doesn't suit you.

It's for the sake of game-play. Likewise, my point about applying cosmetics frivolously is also for the sake of game-play.

I suppose it comes down to the sort of game you'd prefer. Frivolously casual, or compelling and engaging.
Sorry, that makes no sense whatsoever. What is the difference? If it's "casual" to not have to return from deep space to change a skin, it's also "casual" to be able to change them instantly.

There are no circumstances where being able to change the skin will be a detriment to a player, or immersion breaking, however it is to the detriment of a player to not be able to use their purchases for months due to how they are currently playing the game. The only people it affects are those who WANT to be able to change skins but cant.

Doesn't everyone make airbrush noises while they click 🤔 I know I do, otherwise the immersion alarm goes off and we have to evacuate the building .. again
I also leave the guys at least 4 weeks to get the respray done. If you expect it instantly, that's when you get those dodgy lines ....

Deleted member 110222

D
I've heard this will be part of the update introducing the ARX currency system for cosmetics.

I've actually rather enjoyed cosmetics being a part of game-play in the game, needing to go to stations to change them around.

Here are a few key points for me:

Learning to recognize ships on expeditions and the like.​
Looking forward to coming back from the black to pickup my gold squadron trophy and Distant Worlds 2 decal.​
And of course the obvious, changing a ship's appearance out in the middle of nowhere, including things like ship kits, doesn't make much sense contextually in the game.​

So, yeah, I'd prefer the application of ship cosmetics remain a compelling part of game-play than something applied frivolously with no game context supporting it.

Thanks.
Read it.

And your reasoning is stupid at best, and at worst just plain selfish.

The only people who this will affect are those who WANT to change them but cant out on expeditions. Not those out on expeditions who DONT WANT to change them immediately. They can ... wait?
Also see my second post in this thread.

If you have to go to the space garage to change out your modules does it not make sense to have to do your ship customizing there as well though?

I get Wr3nds point. It doesnt really bother me either way but I dont expect to change my paint job in Forza mid race either. Consistency is nice.

Maybe read the OP? Fine if you don't agree with it, but I state the reasons for having my opinion there.
I did.

Learning to recognize ships on expeditions and the like.
So you want OTHERS to be stuck with their paints, for your benefit not theirs.

Looking forward to coming back from the black to pickup my gold squadron trophy and Distant Worlds 2 decal.
confused face.gif
This wouldn't be affected, would it? Just wait.

And of course the obvious, changing a ship's appearance out in the middle of nowhere, including things like ship kits, doesn't make much sense contextually in the game.
Like instant repaint jobs rather than it taking weeks and costing lots of in game credits. If we follow this line, we should be charged more per skin change than for buying the actual design, and then have to put our ship into the shop and out of commission for a long time.

Is that what you wan..... dont answer that.

Deleted member 110222

D
I like pausing mid race to take pictures.

Perhaps I'll suggest on the forza reddit that they allow me to change my paint at the same time.
You... You pause?

Dude that's disgusting. How dare you break the integrity of the game by literally playing god?!

If you have to go to the space garage to change out your modules does it not make sense to have to do your ship customizing there as well though?

I get Wr3nds point. It doesnt really bother me either way but I dont expect to change my paint job in Forza mid race either. Consistency is nice.
Thanks. And despite the complaints about complaining or whatnot, I think it's a good change overall to allow people to earn cosmetics in the game. I'm only really taking some issue with the change in implementation and contextual game-play consistency.

Yes, but I'd rather enjoy the game for what it is rather than what I have to pretend it to be. Game doesn't make sense or isn't compelling to play? That's alright, just imagine it is. :confused:
Imagination works for me. I bring food, water, and probes (geological survey equipment) with me when I go exploring, and I think this makes the experience more compelling. I also refused to scan prediscovered worlds back when pursuing my Elite in Exploration - no road to riches cheatin! Getting credit for planets already discovered and scanned (some hundreds of times like R2R) seems way more "this doesn't make sense" than imagining my repair limpet (never leave the bubble without one) can also paint my ship the way I want it.

Deleted member 110222

D
I even pause Elite when I go AFK.

I hope no one is affected when I do.
YOU BROKE THE SACROSANCT GROUND THAT IS ELITE DANGEROUS?!

ARE YOU THAT DISRESPECTFUL SIR?!

My goodness, I think you should be put in the stockade, and endure rotten tomatoes being chucked at you by a group of OAPs!

They are cosmetic MTX. They are not supposed to have any gameplay. Applying them anywhere from the main menu is actually an improvement in this regard.

I wonder if the livery button will still be disabled in Outposts without outfitting?
Or will one need to go to the menu to change the livery and decals in that case.

Choice is a wonderful thing.

Changing livery at any time is perfectly fine by me. If CMDRs don't want to change them at any time, for roleplay/immersion reasons, they can choose not to.

I see no reason why a CMDR couldn't repaint their ship by landing and exiting their ship and painting it themselves, however since Space Legs isn't in-game yet allowing livery changes when simply landed would be sensible.

Using a repaint drone in space would also be fine by me. Perhaps it is reusable and occupies 1-ton of cargo space.

Top Bottom