Can we please get a 3rd option in fire groups?

My x52 HOTAS have more buttons than I know what to do with. I would love it if I could assign 3 different buttons/actions into one fire group instead of the two action cap. Lets say your mining; one fire group could hold the prospecting limpet, collector limpet, and the mining laser all in one neat package vs having to bounce back and forth between fire groups. This addition would cut down at least two of my fire groups completely.

Or just fix the limpets issue all together...[rolleyes]

I wouldn't mind having one more item on the HUD if it meant I could have three actions. You can always choose to stick to the two action limit so its not taking anything away from others. I just have that red missile button, or the second click on the trigger that could be used for something different vs swapping fire groups.

Has been suggested countless time.

Unless FD has had a change of heart, rejected countless times also, as it is seen to give an unfair advantage to players with HOTAS controls over those limited to a gamepad or keyboard. In a sense, its a pay-to-win scenario.

My x52 HOTAS have more buttons than I know what to do with. I would love it if I could assign 3 different buttons/actions into one fire group instead of the two action cap. Lets say your mining; one fire group could hold the prospecting limpet, collector limpet, and the mining laser all in one neat package vs having to bounce back and forth between fire groups. This addition would cut down at least two of my fire groups completely.

Or just fix the limpets issue all together...[rolleyes]

I concur!

I too also have the x52 and have thought a third fire group would be ideal.

I agree repped* I have an x56 Rhino and with more buttons than you find in a packet of cadbury buttons, it would be a nice feature.

though the devs are designing a new HUD for exploring / probe mode, I would assume a HUD combat mode would be welcome to counter the amount of clutter on the HUD atm.
Something worth thinking about.

Has been suggested countless time.

Unless FD has had a change of heart, rejected countless times also, as it is seen to give an unfair advantage to players with HOTAS controls over those limited to a gamepad or keyboard. In a sense, its a pay-to-win scenario.

It's no different than people who buy those $300 fighting stick setups for fighters, or drop $150 on a Xbox Elite controller to have extra buttons on the back. Having a HOTAS doesn't make everything easier for you. What makes it easier for you is practicing using whatever you have. I stunk at flying with my HOTAS at first and thought it was a bad purchase but I stuck with it and learned to enjoy it.

Top Bottom