Can't add experimental to the pre-engineered 5A FSD

The work around from ages back used to be to buy another FSD from the engineer, then reinstall the pre-engineered one, it would then let you add the experimental effect... Give it a go and see if it still works!

Good luck.
What a gem, I did not know this !

I have the 3A PP and my triple salvation shard icourier really needs it to stay quick (darn glaives), but few days ago I tried and failed to add thermal experimental. Now I can believe again, until I find out. Thanks!

The work around from ages back used to be to buy another FSD from the engineer, then reinstall the pre-engineered one, it would then let you add the experimental effect... Give it a go and see if it still works!

Good luck.
Unfortunately, this workaround did not work for me, so perhaps this has been done by design rather than a bug. Annoying for me, as I didn't quite have time to finish getting the mats before update 18 dropped.

I grinded for mats to get the pre-engineered FSD and tried to apply an experimental and it just made it identical to my FSD that I engineered myself. This was pre-update 18 though, so idk when they changed this. Was super bummed to find that out.

(...) perhaps this has been done by design rather than a bug. (...)
I'd say it's unlikely. What probably happened is some preparation to changes in engineering or outfitting (assuming they will get touched on during this year) fudging that.
FDev is slow to make changes, but once things change, they are properly documented and take a long time to be touched again. That nerf would DEFINITELY be included on patch notes.
Since 5A's are used the most popular ships, it will get hotfixed soon, as long as people put that on the tracker and keep bringing it up. Anyone already spotted a Issue on the Tracker for this? Might be good to add here so we can start upvoting it. And if someone knows how to summon mods, that might help too.

Unfortunately, this workaround did not work for me, so perhaps this has been done by design rather than a bug. Annoying for me, as I didn't quite have time to finish getting the mats before update 18 dropped.
That's a shame. Perhaps a quick call for help from Support might get it sorted, they are normally excellent if the issue is one that is 'legal'.

You'll have to wait until fdev have fixed this bug (again).

This is a zombie bug which had already been fixed once long ago iirc, they just managed to resurrect it somehow, apparently.
This. That has also been a major annoyance with the size 4 and 6 FSD from the Colonia bridge CGs. It's just sad if U18 patched/broke that yet again.

I’ve put it on the issues tracker so I’m hoping that there will be a confirmation as to whether it is a bug or working as intended. Really hoping it’s the former as it took a lot of time to collect enough needle crystals for the Tellurium.

Why are old bugs like these constantly getting resurrected? Do devs trying to fix bugs or add new things keep going back and taking old code?

This is what the development told me.

Attachments

• frontier.jpg
    frontier.jpg
    479.7 KB · Views: 385
This is what the development told me.
Awesome.
Apparently I became the happy owner of a bunch of such modules with perfectly working experimental effects on them while randomly selected other people are forbidden to do the same.

Marvellous game design.
Btw fdev, can I finally buy a couple of CG multicannons at tech brokers? Pretty please?

Good luck.
Sounds like an exploit. The thing is already engineered. It is clearly intended not to engineer it again.

Sounds like an exploit. The thing is already engineered. It is clearly intended not to engineer it again.
Of course it isn't supposed to be engineered again, if someone did that then BOTH of the engineering effects on it would disappear...
Experimental effects are put on after engineering, but you wouldn't know that, would you?

It wasn't long after they were released that Frontier 'fixed' not being able to add an experimental. It looks like U18 has regressed.

Top Bottom