Can't add experimental to the pre-engineered 5A FSD

Wait, prismatics cannot be engineered anymore either?
lol No, that's not what he was thinking of... ;)

It's referring to the times before the engineering rework when one could get various and variable effects during the rolls. So one could get a lucky roll on a class 5 shield generator topping up its hull mass factor to be able to be installed in e.g. an Imperial Cutter and thus saving a class 6 slot for a cargo rack instead...

But those lucky side effects are not possible anymore, they only exist as legacy modules from "good ol' times"...

Wonderful !

Is there a similar sentence regarding preengineered power plant by any chance ?
Which one ? There were three basically overcharged G6 ones that never allowed experimentals and one double engineered overcharged/armoured which I'd have to check ingame if mine has an experimental on it.

Which one ? There were three basically overcharged G6 ones that never allowed experimentals and one double engineered overcharged/armoured which I'd have to check ingame if mine has an experimental on it.
Oh wow, didn't even know about the other 3.

Yes I was talking about the double engineered class 3 armored/oc power plant. I was able to add experimentals to it for quite a long time. Then I took a break and the option was no longer available, just as it wasn't for the FSDs.

We'll have to see after the update. I could swear I could change the experimental on the pre-engineered seeker missile rack in the past also.

Fix confirmed.

1712792681576.png

1712792710801.png

Thank you, FDev! o7

Does anyone know if it's possible to add an experimental to the other size pre engineered FSDs?
It at least was possible. I know the 5 of my 6 that I'm using have experimentals. One size 6 is still in storage on which I could check. I left that without experimental on purpose, to have the choice between thermal spread or mass manager depending on the needs of a future ship using a size 6.

Last edited:
Top Bottom