Cant get passengers for smeaton

So ive been grinding the smeaton orbital run for about a week, and im starting to not be able to find passengers in neighboring systems at all. O'leary Vision was producing pretty well but last night i only got 2 groups going to smeaton after 5 resets! I even jumped to the planetary station in the LTT 9455 system and still couldnt get anyone, has anyone else had this problem?

Perhaps Smeaton’s living quarters are all at max capacity? Or it’s not as special a place to go visit anymore?

Honestly I have no Idea, but in the past when I did similar trade grinds or mission stack grinds, after a while the well does seem to dry up a bit and I’m forced to move on.

Im in denial! lol, its just too damn good of a run to end now! Ive made 2bil in a week on this run! Im not ready to say goodbye!

Hi Cmdr, have you been to White Mines in LP 876-26 ? i did lots of tasty passenger missions from there to Smeaton Orbital, switching from PG mode to open to solo and so on.

Hi Cmdr, have you been to White Mines in LP 876-26 ? i did lots of tasty passenger missions from there to Smeaton Orbital, switching from PG mode to open to solo and so on.

I am using an Anaconda which requires a Large landing pad and White Mines does not provide one of those. But thank you for the suggestion, however the last time i was in 876-26 i came across a system bulletin saying the system stations were in partial lockdown due to unmarked ships occupying space around the white mines station and as a result i was unable to get anymore passengers, and that was just 2 days ago, do you know if the lockdown has been lifted?

Did you say 2billion?

yes i did

I was just did this run last night and filled up my Beluga with PAX and data missions to Smeaton in 15/20 min.

Did you say 2billion?

If you this is what you do all day for a couple of days. Yes. I know someone on here that made 18 billion in less then a month of doing this run.

I was just did this run last night and filled up my Beluga with PAX and data missions to Smeaton in 15/20 min.

If you this is what you do all day for a couple of days. Yes. I know someone on here that made 18 billion in less then a month of doing this run.

exactly, im just stockpiling funds so i can afford to buy and ships and outfit it however i want for the foreseeable future.

I am using an Anaconda which requires a Large landing pad and White Mines does not provide one of those. But thank you for the suggestion, however the last time i was in 876-26 i came across a system bulletin saying the system stations were in partial lockdown due to unmarked ships occupying space around the white mines station and as a result i was unable to get anymore passengers, and that was just 2 days ago, do you know if the lockdown has been lifted?

I did my runs like one week ago, situation must have changed then, it was straight forward, but in a python oufitted for that purpose :) I don't know by now what"s the situation :/
Good luck to you

Last edited:
I did my runs like one week ago, situation must have changed then, it was straight forward, but in a python oufitted for that purpose :) I don't know by now what"s the situation :/
Good luck to you

giphy.gif

I have also noted a lack of passengers looking for the trip. I'm guessing that enough people are hitting the area that the boards aren't keeping up - or the BGS is winding the demand down. I'll still occasionally luck into 100-150 total passengers going (across a few stations and with a lot of board flipping) but I haven't filled the bus in recent days.

I haven't been to Smeaton....but I was running passengers to another place (about 1.6 million ls out) and probably earned 1.5 billion in a few days........very boring though.

See, I guess I don't know where the good runs are...

I'm doing passenger hops to grind Fed rank and credits, but I see SO few of the big pay jobs... I count a 50m day as well done. I can never seem to find enough hops to a single station to fill my Python (96 economy seats) so I'll take runs on a 3-4 destination loop, checking at each stop for missions back to 'home base'. I have about 47% left to rear admiral, but I'm only currently sitting on about 240m credits.

Where I am basing from I can occasionally find one or two missions per set paying out up to 2.5m each, but more commonly they cap between 900k and 1.3m

Where should I be looking to find the big payout routes? (Bearing in mind that it should be Fed aligned... (Only 47% to go...))

Edit: If this is off topic (Since OP specified Smeaton) I apologize, reading through the thread made me realize my grind game could use some refinement :D

o7

Last edited:

I'm doing passenger hops to grind Fed rank and credits, but I see SO few of the big pay jobs... I count a 50m day as well done. I can never seem to find enough hops to a single station to fill my Python (96 economy seats) so I'll take runs on a 3-4 destination loop, checking at each stop for missions back to 'home base'. I have about 47% left to rear admiral, but I'm only currently sitting on about 240m credits.

Where I am basing from I can occasionally find one or two missions per set paying out up to 2.5m each, but more commonly they cap between 900k and 1.3m

Where should I be looking to find the big payout routes? (Bearing in mind that it should be Fed aligned... (Only 47% to go...))

Edit: If this is off topic (Since OP specified Smeaton) I apologize, reading through the thread made me realize my grind game could use some refinement :D

o7

I earned Rear Admiral running passengers from Parutis to Vela Dock in MEDB (and at least 1.5 billion credits). But as I learned tonight Evans Port in Parutis is in Lockdown and no more payday...at least for now. It was a great run, but the players as a whole eventually affect these big payouts.

o7

Right now the "Big money" runs are all kind of starting to fall apart due to station lockdowns or simply over-immigration, so keep you eyes peeled looking for the next big run to show up on youtube or in the forums.

Agreed. They have disappeared for me also. Mode switching, and changing my VPN from Australia to USA does not work any more.

So ive been grinding the smeaton orbital run for about a week, and im starting to not be able to find passengers in neighboring systems at all. O'leary Vision was producing pretty well but last night i only got 2 groups going to smeaton after 5 resets! I even jumped to the planetary station in the LTT 9455 system and still couldnt get anyone, has anyone else had this problem?

Works really well in Allen Hub just fly out and in again ;)

Top Bottom