Carrier export orders are not auto canceling and lost tons of cargo off of my carrier because of it.

Export orders are not canceling once you sell out of that type of cargo. Down the road when you put more cargo in it acts as if the export order was set the entire time and now others can immediately buy that cargo. It does seem as if some of the developers support team doesn’t even know about this issue. I put a support ticket in and they are saying I didn’t see a bug but yet one of my other friends did as well and support agent Apollo said “So I've done some digging, and it looks like you've run into a bug we've just become aware of.” Please make sure you are being very careful with sell orders on your fc. With no cargo the carrier management won’t even show the sell order until you put cargo in and this will finally allow you to cancel it. I guess I might’ve just lost 760 tons of meta alloys simply because I wanted to transfer only 720 of my total 720 to one of my other accounts. This should’ve canceled that export. Since I was sitting out stacking another 760 tons of metas all of the extra stuff I transferred over after I made the intentional transfer of 720 was now gone. Over ten hours lost of gameplay because of this bug. Please be very careful guys. Frontier isn’t even willing to fix this issue for everyone. They will just treat you as a dumb carrier owner that left a sell order active. 🤦‍♂️

Last edited:
Yes, That's been around a while too. I've been bitten by it for mining materials. I wanted to test the idea of first setting a buy order on stuff I know I sold out of before, then unchecking the "Trade this commodity" box to cancel it. Still You have to remember it was set in the first place but if I just got done selling out I at least have a shot where 2 months later when I put a few hundred tons back in I definitely will not remember.

Yeah, they need to freaking fix that or simply allow us to set a SELL ORDER WITH QUANTITY just like buy orders. Sucks I can't offer to sell some Tritium without having my entire hold cleaned out like a horde of locusts swarmed through.

Last edited:
Interesting!

But the carrier market interface will report that you have x exports, even tho you have nothing to sell, so this might give a hint

For example:

1652188446126.png

While i'm actually selling ONLY 6 different commodities
The problem is i have no idea what are the other 7 supposedly exported commodities since they have no stock at the moment

It would be nice if it could be fixed sooner than later, along with the market bug that make a carrier purchase invisible unless you hit the commodity market once more.

1652189345266.png

Down to 11 since i remembered 2 of the commodities i had for sale.
Setting a buy order then canceling the buy order will cancel the sale order, duh o_O

The problem is: there is absolutely no way to tell you had a buy order unless you actually remember you used to sell that.

So, best advice until the bug is corrected: check the market interface every time you dump some commodities on your carrier.

Export orders are not canceling once you sell out of that type of cargo. Down the road when you put more cargo in it acts as if the export order was set the entire time and now others can immediately buy that cargo. It does seem as if some of the developers support team doesn’t even know about this issue. I put a support ticket in and they are saying I didn’t see a bug but yet one of my other friends did as well and support agent Apollo said “So I've done some digging, and it looks like you've run into a bug we've just become aware of.” Please make sure you are being very careful with sell orders on your fc. With no cargo the carrier management won’t even show the sell order until you put cargo in and this will finally allow you to cancel it. I guess I might’ve just lost 760 tons of meta alloys simply because I wanted to transfer only 720 of my total 720 to one of my other accounts. This should’ve canceled that export. Since I was sitting out stacking another 760 tons of metas all of the extra stuff I transferred over after I made the intentional transfer of 720 was now gone. Over ten hours lost of gameplay because of this bug. Please be very careful guys. Frontier isn’t even willing to fix this issue for everyone. They will just treat you as a dumb carrier owner that left a sell order active. 🤦‍♂️
It doesn't seem like a bug to me. I have sell orders set up so that every time I throw mined stuff in the carrier it's for sale at the same price as before. That's the behaviour I expected.

Interesting!

But the carrier market interface will report that you have x exports, even tho you have nothing to sell, so this might give a hint

For example:

View attachment 305912

While i'm actually selling ONLY 6 different commodities
The problem is i have no idea what are the other 7 supposedly exported commodities since they have no stock at the moment

It would be nice if it could be fixed sooner than later, along with the market bug that make a carrier purchase invisible unless you hit the commodity market once more.
Yes. It definitely shows erroneous exports even tho there clearly no cargo and no order set in the management. Thank Lord Braben others are seeing this. My biggest fear is having other CMDRs go thru the same stuff just to have fdev tell them they are dumb for not canceling an export order. I’m sure now from my own support tickets that fdev sees it as an active export the entire time even when you have no cargo.

It doesn't seem like a bug to me. I have sell orders set up so that every time I throw mined stuff in the carrier it's for sale at the same price as before. That's the behaviour I expected.

Even assuming that no stock does not imply a Canceled export order(imo i still think that the export should be canceled), the export Icon should be active for every export registered in your commodity market, stock or no stock

(One of the Invisible Export Orders i had was for Micro-wave cooling hoses, but no stock, no export maker)

1652189908592.png

Even assuming that no stock does not imply a Canceled export order(imo i still think that the export should be canceled), the export Icon should be active for every export registered in your commodity market, stock or no stock

(One of the Invisible Export Orders i had was for Micro-wave cooling hoses, but no stock, no export maker)

View attachment 305915
Yes. It has to cancel. If export orders don’t auto cancel once sold out CMDRs months down the road will put more cargo into to storage just to have that cargo bought out from under them. Again without the cargo you cannot even see the order at all to even cancel it. The system NEEDS to auto cancel for it all to work.

edit: this is also why we do not need to set a sell amount. Auto canceling exports is the only way this has ever worked. However, right now in game, it is not working like that.

Yes. It has to cancel. If export orders don’t auto cancel once sold out CMDRs months down the road will put more cargo into to storage just to have that cargo bought out from under them. Again without the cargo you cannot even see the order at all to even cancel it. The system NEEDS to auto cancel for it all to work.

edit: this is also why we do not need to set a sell amount. Auto canceling exports is the only way this has ever worked. However, right now in game, it is not working like that.

I'm not entirely sure it's best the out of stock sales orders to autocancel
As you can see below 👇 , the current system is put to use.

A marker for each export order, no matter if it has stock or not, will pretty much solve this.
Being able to set an amount to sell, will also be extremely helpful

I'm not entirely sure it's best the out of stock sales orders to autocancel
As you can see below 👇 , the current system is put to use.

A marker for each export order, no matter if it has stock or not, will pretty much solve this.
Being able to set an amount to sell, will also be extremely helpful
Ah. That is a good point. Thank you for that. So then my question is which way is it suppose to work? Export orders going back as far as I can remember auto canceled and right now they definitely do not. Maybe the fix for everyone on this issue is to do sell amounts but even then the ones that want running orders will get kind of left out.

Edit: a feature to keep them running too? 🤷‍♂️ but now we really are talking about changing a lot. Then again, that’s currently an active feature. 😂

This has been since day one. I have got used to checking if all items have been sold and then disabling the order. It is an annoying situation
That it so interesting to me because I even have frontier employees confirming that export orders are suppose to auto cancel once sold out. How do you cancel an export order without that specific orders cargo in storage? You can’t even see the order in carrier commodity management without the cargo in storage.

Last edited:
This has been since day one. I have got used to checking if all items have been sold and then disabling the order. It is an annoying situation
Try it. Put one ton of something in storage and buy it right from your own carrier. Then go and try to take down the sell order.

Top Bottom