Carrier export orders are not auto canceling and lost tons of cargo off of my carrier because of it.

Setup a buy order, then cancel the buy order.
Not quite intuitive and not exactly elegant... but it works

edit: oh well, ninjad :D
You don’t understand where you are like the last one. It’s an export order and once out of cargo there is no way to cancel the order in carrier management. Take sometime to think about it prior to the insults and the two of you will be better off.

Last edited:
You don’t understand where you are like the last one. It’s an export order and once out of cargo there is no way to cancel the order in carrier management. Take sometime to think about it prior to insults and the two of you will be better off.

Not quite getting this. Not even sure you did want to quote my post.

Anyway,
The way the market works is this: you cannot have a buy order and a sale order at the same time for the very same commodity

Which mean that if you do remember (big IF, indeed) what commodity you used to sell, you can open that commodity (it has stock zero) and setup a buy order for 1 commodity, then press apply.
Now you have a buy order for that commodity which means any previous sell order for the said commodity is canceled.
Then you can cancel the buy order since you dont really want buy that, you did it only to cancel the sell order 🤷‍♂️

Not quite getting this. Not even sure you did want to quote my post.

Anyway,
The way the market works is this: you cannot have a buy order and a sale order at the same time for the very same commodity

Which mean that if you do remember (big IF, indeed) what commodity you used to sell, you can open that commodity (it has stock zero) and setup a buy order for 1 commodity, then press apply.
Now you have a buy order for that commodity which means any previous sell order for the said commodity is canceled.
Then you can cancel the buy order since you dont really want buy that, you did it only to cancel the sell order 🤷‍♂️
Oh so what you are talking about is a workaround for the bug that is causing CMDRs to lose cargo unknowingly. That does make sense. But it doesn’t get anyone their lost cargo back or stops it from happening again you must understand. I do thank you for the response but i really was only responding in kind. Just because the work around is there like that doesn’t mean anyone can just see this stuff. Frontier themselves are confirming over and over now that export orders are suppose to auto cancel and only recently this has changed. So I dunno where anyone has a work around for such a recent bug already but I do apologize for misunderstanding that small part.

Last edited:
The bug that is causing CMDRs to lose cargo is the CMDR not cancelling unwanted orders, but refiling their FC anyway. Then took up Support time as well. Because you messed up. Most CMDRs using the market as a market probably want to keep on selling at the same price, so the market is working as intended.

It's not like you're using the market as a market anyway - as you said you were using it for xfers between alts, and messed up.

(Though Northie's suggestion that it should still show the order at all times is a good one. But it won't save you if you don't pay attention. Which ... you don't 🤷‍♂️ )

The bug that is causing CMDRs to lose cargo is the CMDR not cancelling unwanted orders, but refiling their FC anyway. Then took up Support time as well. Because you messed up. Most CMDRs using the market as a market probably want to keep on selling at the same price, so the market is working as intended.

It's not like you're using the market as a market anyway - as you said you were using it for xfers between alts, and messed up.

(Though Northie's suggestion that it should still show the order at all times is a good one. But it won't save you if you don't pay attention. Which ... you don't 🤷‍♂️ )
Last response to this stuff but frontier has confirmed that export orders are suppose to auto cancel. I get why you think it’s so easy but can you see why so many are losing cargo over this stuff. They can’t see it in carrier management as a sale item if no cargo is even there. This is the issues besides orders not auto canceling. The only reason we see the issue is because it recently changed to exports not auto canceling.

Last edited:
Hi all,
my ticket was resolved and lost commodities returned because the CSR saw that the sale that cleaned me out was at zero cost to the buyer. Hope this info helps resolve your issues w/ FDev CS.

Has it been stolen?
I wouldn’t call it that. I suppose people just thought they were getting metas at 5% of the galactic average during a cg paying 1.5 mil per ton from really nice CMDRs. But, you know, some of them knew they were getting stuff on over on people. I guess that would make it stealing for at least them in some ways.

Last edited:
I wouldn’t call it that. I suppose people just thought they were getting metas at 5% of the galactic average during a cg paying 1.5 mil per ton from really nice CMDRs. But, you know, some of them knew they were getting stuff on over on people. I guess that would make it stealing for at least them in some ways.

Certainly sounds like it was stolen at those low, low prices.

Oh so what you are talking about is a workaround for the bug that is causing CMDRs to lose cargo unknowingly. That does make sense. But it doesn’t get anyone their lost cargo back or stops it from happening again you must understand. I do thank you for the response but i really was only responding in kind. Just because the work around is there like that doesn’t mean anyone can just see this stuff. Frontier themselves are confirming over and over now that export orders are suppose to auto cancel and only recently this has changed. So I dunno where anyone has a work around for such a recent bug already but I do apologize for misunderstanding that small part.
It isn't recent. It was talked about frequently during the Colonia Bridge CGs and I had to deal with canceling invisible sell orders during phase 3.

Certainly sounds like it was stolen at those low, low prices.
I think it really would be down to the knowledge of each cmdr, their understanding of the game, and their morality to want to screw people over. I like to think people are generally more careless than that with their understanding of elite(let alone all things) and that they aren’t so bad that they would maliciously take cargo they know isn’t supposed to be for sale. All in all I’d say it’s mistakes on all sides and not actually stealing for the vast majority. My mistake just happened to be the very confirmed bug of commodity exports not auto ending.

Last edited:
It isn't recent. It was talked about frequently during the Colonia Bridge CGs and I had to deal with canceling invisible sell orders during phase 3.
Wow. Thank you for that. That means this could have happened to so many more CMDRs. I’ve pretty much gave up on getting my cargo back and am going back out to get more of these darn metas. I just don’t want to hear or see more CMDRs seeing this happen simply because they can’t figure out how to cancel an order they can’t even see in their own commodity management

Ofc, all we can do until FDev gets this sorted - which may not happen in U12 which is due now in May - is to find workarounds.

One workaround is to cancel the sell orders as i said
The other is to check the commodity market everytime you dump commodities, just to make sure you dont sell something you dont want to sell

Top Bottom