Carrier upkeep

Also 'abusive' and 'imprisons' ? Really? Oh my.

I have to ask, do you ever feel embarassed when posting stuff like that? Me, I'd be eating my own hands about now.

I choose to post comments based on my feelings about the game, not so much on my feelings about other people.

Well no. It's more like saying 'I made this cake. It's not for you. It's probably best that you don't try it because you won't like it.'

I have to ask, do you ever feel embarassed when posting stuff like that? Me, I'd be eating my own hands about now.
Yeah, that was beyond ridiculous. The future has never looked so bleak.

Well no. It's more like saying 'I made this cake. It's not for you. It's probably best that you don't try it because you won't like it.'

Abuse from google: "treat (a person or an animal) with cruelty or violence, especially regularly or repeatedly"

Having someone grind a repetitive and horribly boring task for months and years on end for a reward only to tell them they need to keep doing said task or loose their reward is cruelty.

Furthermore after a player buys one they are then permanently locked into a cycle where they have to keep maintaining it or else they will loose massive amounts of their original money if not all of it. And I say all of it because in addition to the 30% depreciation value they also have a distance depreciation rate where the worth of your ship drops 1M per LY. So if a player is at least 1500-2000 ly away they will litterly loose 100% of the money they invested not counting any cargo the ship might have been holding or the bulk store packages they might have had too.

I didn't say the cost is fair. I said that if you can afford 5 bils you can afford the upkeep. I have 2.7 bil in assets with ~1400 hrs of play time. I will never buy a FC because I will never afford 5 billions. If I could, upkeep would be nothing compared to it.
I understand. Your lazy and never put in the effort to work for one. That's ok. It's not for everyone. Since you have 1400 hrs invested in this game then surely you know billionaires make and maintain their income by mining.

There is a suggestion thread dedicated to finding an option to FC upkeep - how to get rid of the upkeep and still let the unused FCs disappear.

Add your own ideas!

Abuse from google: "treat (a person or an animal) with cruelty or violence, especially regularly or repeatedly"

Having someone grind a repetitive and horribly boring task for months and years on end for a reward only to tell them they need to keep doing said task or loose their reward is cruelty.

QUI30TN.gif

Also, if you find playing the game to be a 'repetitive and boring task' you should probably stop.

This is probably the one point we can both agree on as I am quitting the game over this .

Were you enjoying it up to now? If so, that game will still be there after fleet carriers get released.

Note: If you weren't enjoying it because you spent all your time mining (presuming that's the 'repetitive and boring task' that you referenced) did you ever consider something radical like having some fun instead?

Plenty of activities in the game make credits. Plenty make enough to earn more than a week's worth of carrier upkeep in a week's worth of game time, assuming game time per week is an hour or more. That's money in the bank for any period not spent playing.

If someone's game time averages out to less than an hour a week over a year, I'd have to go back to my original point that it's not really reasonable to expect a game developer to prioritise their needs when implementing updates.

No they aren’t. They are in different places.

Indeed.

Were you enjoying it up to now? If so, that game will still be there after fleet carriers get released.

Note: If you weren't enjoying it because you spent all your time mining (presuming that's the 'repetitive and boring task' that you referenced) did you ever consider something radical like having some fun instead?

Plenty of activities in the game make credits. Plenty make enough to earn more than a week's worth of carrier upkeep in a week's worth of game time, assuming game time per week is an hour or more. That's money in the bank for any period not spent playing.
No I was not because because I was mining all the time. And when I wasnt mining I was trying to keep my squadron together which is really hard to do when there is a complete lack of content and they keep leaving the game faster than we could recruit Then I joined another active squadron only to have them all leave also because of a lack of content save one or two. So yeah this game has turned into a turd.

No I was not because because I was mining all the time. And when I wasnt mining I was trying to keep my squadron together which is really hard to do when there is a complete lack of content and they keep leaving the game faster than we could recruit Then I joined another active squadron only to have them all leave also because of a lack of content save one or two. So yeah this game has turned into a turd.

Well the part about the squadron, yeah I can see how that would suck. Ditto: content, for squadron play in particular.

Like I said though, why spend all your time mining if it bores you so much? The fact that it's currently the fastest way to make credits doesn't really count for much if you hate doing it. Back when stackable skimmer-killing missions were a thing I made maybe 10m credits in total from them; I hardly ever stacked them and indeed hardly ever did them because it was boring. Quice passenger missions? I didn't even visit Quince until that particular gold rush was over and done with. I did do some long-range smuggling from Robigo when that was a thing but because I enjoyed it - the fact it paid well was a bonus.

Fact is, no amount of credits is worth spending your spare time doing stuff you don't enjoy. A carrier won't change that either, even if it was free.

don't buy a carrier if you cannot afford one :)
Sure.. you say this. But income methods have been "balanced"
I was able to pay upkeep when I could still mine a few hours and make the upkeep. Now that it takes 6+ hours a week to barely make upkeep I want my 5bil investment back. Can I SELL my carrier? Nope.. it's wasted at the whim of FDev "balancing" without considering the end effect.
And what's with all those ships in populated space landing and leaving my carrier? Why don't they pay a dime for their refuels, repairs, trades?

I was able to pay upkeep when I could still mine a few hours and make the upkeep. Now that it takes 6+ hours a week to barely make upkeep I want my 5bil investment back. Can I SELL my carrier? Nope.. it's wasted at the whim of FDev "balancing" without considering the end effect.
And what's with all those ships in populated space landing and leaving my carrier? Why don't they pay a dime for their refuels, repairs, trades?

You have the option to decommission it and get a partial return on your investment (takes about a week I think) OR you could mix up your game play a bit and try out some of the other ways of making money.

I paid for my weekly upkeep with the money I made from combat related activities pre-credit balance.
Took a bit of work but wasn’t that bad really, now it’s a breeze.

Also what have you got installed on your FC?
You don’t need to have all of it.
Mine is running the UC, Redemption Office, Repair/Refuel/Re-arm Service & Commodities Market and only costs 13 million a week with jump wear and tear expenses on top.
I don’t care about selling ships or modules as I’m not interested in being a shop keeper, so I haven’t wasted my time or money on those.

Literally 2-3 Assassination Missions, 1-2 Massacre Missions or 30 minutes in a RES site pays for that with change left over.

What's the point of it anyway? If you dont want your players to engage with new content just dont release it. Shelling out another half aced update for elitists isnt doing any good.
I mean that's the name of the game - but I'd say FD musunderstood the spirit of what makes a game.

I don't really have a problem with the 'upkeep', I just don't see the point in owning one. I had one for months and decommissioned it a couple of days ago. I initially bought one so I could relocate two commanders, at the same time, to Colonia and may end up going back to that plan eventually but for now, other than deep space repair stations, what's the point in owning one?

What are you talking about? You can earn enough for a week's worth of upkeep in an hour of combat at a conflict zone, or half an hour of doing deliver data/cargo missions. There's people who use their carrier for trade and they've made billions that way.

What did you expect? That you just buy it and it generates magic income? :ROFLMAO:

Are you only doing donation missions?

I mean I mined to get one yes, but I'm done mining now. Missions, bounty hunting, even trading (and yes, mining too) are stupidly easy to provide upkeep. Otherwise decommission the thing and get 90% back.

I was able to pay upkeep when I could still mine a few hours and make the upkeep
Wow! How much does your Fleet Carrier cost in upkeep each week? If you can't make it back in a 'few hours of mining' the question one must ask is "What are you mining?"
If you are even at the top of the scale and looking at 30 mill + each week, it is certainly quick enough to amass those credits!

Decommissioning your carrier will take a hit of around 150 million someone mentioned on this forum recently.

Top Bottom