[CLOSED] EDDB - a site about systems, stations, commodities and trade routes in Elite: Dangerous.

That's because the Monazite page doesn't include Odyssey settlements the overview does. Both do not include fleet carriers.
Not including Fleet Carriers is probably a good thing, especially for calculating average prices, as prices set by owners are arbitrary and access is often denied to the masses.

Is it possible to filter out the dross surface station responses when doing a station search? If I go to https://eddb.io/station and put in a reference system, select to include surface stations I get just about everything reported, all the Odyssey dross just clogs up the result. For example:

Putting in this:

eddb stations S.jpg

... produces this:

eddb stations.jpg

So any chance of including a "do not include Odyssey surface settlements" field in the search?

BTW - I can do this in INARA but that shows no market dates and means I have to cut and paste if I want to use EDDB for one of the results, so it would be neat if I could get the same search facility in EDDB.

inara stations S.jpg

BTW - If there is a way of getting this result already in EDDB then please illuminate me as I can't find a way to select that filtering.

Station Types ??

OMG have to click every type of station?

eddb stations types.jpg

EVERY TIME!

Surely an "exclude Odyssey" field would not be too hard. There is an option to "INCLUDE" Odyssey settlement in the station types field. It just needs adding an exclude field like the Fleet Carriers one.

Last edited:
Sorry, if I ask, why do you want only stations (without Odyssey stations) to be displayed ? Ok, you mentioned INARA because of the market.
If you are looking for trade routes for a specific commodity, then you should use the commodity menu. There you can filter out Odyssey.
Sorry, if I have misunderstood you.
1668161568582.png

Last edited:
Sorry, if I ask, why do you want only stations (without Odyssey stations) to be displayed ? Ok, you mentioned INARA because of the market.
If you are looking for trade routes for a specific commodity, then you should use the commodity menu. There you can filter out Odyssey.
Sorry, if I have misunderstood you.
View attachment 331856

That is true for specific commodity trading - it illustrates my point of course in that this search includes the use of an "Include Odyssey" field - so why not include it on the Station Search?

I am just making a request for a (hopefully) simple addition to a search page I have used a lot in the past.

If one uses EDDB as a tool for Horizons trading then the inclusion of Odyssey stations is a distraction, at the moment one has to either exclude all planetary (inc Horizons ones) or use a "work around" like these suggestions.

See, already EDDB allows this facility on trade searches (see below), so I'd just like it also on the general Station Search page (maybe I am just weird or set in my ways ;) ).

eddb stations types AAA.jpg

Last edited:
That is true for specific commodity trading - it illustrates my point of course in that this search includes the use of an "Include Odyssey" field - so why not include it on the Station Search?

I am just making a request for a (hopefully) simple addition to a search page I have used a lot in the past.

If one uses EDDB as a tool for Horizons trading then the inclusion of Odyssey stations is a distraction, at the moment one has to either exclude all planetary (inc Horizons ones) or use a "work around" like these suggestions.

See, already EDDB allows this facility on trade searches (see below), so I'd just like it also on the general Station Search page (maybe I am just weird or set in my ways ;) ).

View attachment 331862
That would be nice.

If it is important to you and it is not built into EDDB.IO, you could install Trade Dangerous. The tool runs under Python.
The installation and handling is a bit tricky, but there you have the possibility to filter out "Odyssey" for different situations (e.g. search queries).

Am I doing something wrong ? The last 3 times I've tried to look up commodities, the find commodity link has sent me to a station that does not have what I'm looking for. This problem started a few days ago, did something change with EDDB?

Am I doing something wrong ? The last 3 times I've tried to look up commodities, the find commodity link has sent me to a station that does not have what I'm looking for. This problem started a few days ago, did something change with EDDB?
How old is the data?

A good supply number on data less than a day old will increase the probability of finding the commodity still available.

HTH

Station data can only update when a player running the required program visits the station, if a lot if players who aren't running the program visit the station and buy out the market then you won't see any update, well in fact your visit is the update so all the other players now know to not go there. There are reasons for this, for a start not all players do actually report, on the other hand some players actually turn off reporting if they find a good source of the goods they want in a suitable location so other players won't know it's there, but in the end it does require player engagement to work.

Adding to what others have said: depending on how much experience you've had (with both the game and with EDDB), this may be as simple as you looking for really popular stuff, like CG goods, dramatically raising the risk of the data being a little stale and misleading you. If on the other hand you are being sent to stations that never stock the commodities in question, that'd be a different ballgame entirely.

also the info is actualizated when cmdr running program dock on station so if supply is low there is risk that that cmdr buy it all

also the info is actualizated when cmdr running program dock on station so if supply is low there is risk that that cmdr buy it all
Indeed. It's disappointing that the game doesn't update the market contents after that point, but the info about what you buy/sell does still go into the journal, and I've never really understood why the apps don't recognise and act on that info to update the market supply info. Maybe someone reading this can comment :)

Indeed. It's disappointing that the game doesn't update the market contents after that point, but the info about what you buy/sell does still go into the journal, and I've never really understood why the apps don't recognise and act on that info to update the market supply info. Maybe someone reading this can comment :)
The journal is local to you and your computer. The data would need to be send over EDDN for listeners to react on them. But markets also have consume/produce timer which will change demand/stock over time. The current system seems good enough to get an overview.
/edit: And in addition, not all player are sending their data over EDDN, so it can never be accurate.

Last edited:
The journal is local to you and your computer. The data would need to be send over EDDN for listeners to react on them. But markets also have consume/produce timer which will change demand/stock over time. The current system seems good enough to get an overview.
/edit: And in addition, not all player are sending their data over EDDN, so it can never be accurate.
Sorry, I probably didn't make my point very clearly.
People using things like EDDiscovery (like me) are updating things like the EDDN content with the market updates they get in their journals. If I dock at a station and there's 100 Tritium in the market, that's what goes into the journal and then EDDiscovery uploads that for other users (e.g. Inara).
However, if I immediately buy 100 Tritium (leaving none behind!) then that MarketBuy entry also goes into my journal but the tools like EDDiscovery do not send that data along for other people, and that's what puzzles me, but I'm happy to assume that there's potentially a good reason for it.
For sure, things change with time and the data will never be totally accurate for that and other reasons, but it's kinda frustrating when you know in your heart that the most recent update which shows a wee bit less than a T9-load of some CG goods was probably invalidated a few seconds later when that very ship that docked (and provided the update!) purchased the whole amount of that commodity... but then the journal entry was ignored so it's only the next docking that updates things to say "none left".

People using things like EDDiscovery (like me) are updating things like the EDDN content with the market updates they get in their journals. If I dock at a station and there's 100 Tritium in the market, that's what goes into the journal and then EDDiscovery uploads that for other users (e.g. Inara).
However, if I immediately buy 100 Tritium (leaving none behind!) then that MarketBuy entry also goes into my journal but the tools like EDDiscovery do not send that data along for other people, and that's what puzzles me, but I'm happy to assume that there's potentially a good reason for it.
For sure, things change with time and the data will never be totally accurate for that and other reasons, but it's kinda frustrating when you know in your heart that the most recent update which shows a wee bit less than a T9-load of some CG goods was probably invalidated a few seconds later when that very ship that docked (and provided the update!) purchased the whole amount of that commodity... but then the journal entry was ignored so it's only the next docking that updates things to say "none left".
The market will be restocked over time. But the restock time can be different for different commodities and the game doesn't write that into the journal. So someone would need to manually find out how long that is and the trading clients neeed to be updated manualy. The time can also depend on the faction state of the station which also have different duration periods or the faction can change or ... It's just not worth the effort.
If you dock, the market has its default values which will be good enough most times.

Top Bottom