COMPLETED CG Colonia Bridge Project Third Phase - Colonia (Trade)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
So let's say Colonia produces 1-2 mil. For reminder of other 98-99 mil, 6.5k FCs need to arrive with 15kT.
That won't happen. Let's hope frontier come to their sense and adjust that values tomorrow 🤷‍♂️
And total contributors for last CG was 6.5k combined for Bubble + Colonia. If all those were in Colonia alone, we would each need to haul on average 15kT. If Colonia contributing population remain a fraction of that, we're looking at several times that each, on average.

So let's say Colonia produces 1-2 mil. For reminder of other 98-99 mil, 6.5k FCs need to arrive with 15kT.
That won't happen. Let's hope frontier come to their sense and adjust that values tomorrow 🤷‍♂️
Remember, we don't need to get 100MT - Tier 2 doesn't "do" anything other than ensure that the CG lasts the full week and everyone has a chance to get some FSDs. We just need 3MT to get Tier 1 - which we're on track for, but, see below, more haulers would definitely help with it.

I am unfamiliar with the zero-supply state method. Could you give me a brief explanation please?
If a station has supply left - let's say it has 10000t, and three pilots show up and buy 100t each, then it might take a little while for the market servers to sync up but once they do the market has 9700t.

If the station has no supply left (which is basically true of everywhere in Colonia right now), the market will just show whatever it regenerates in each ten minute market recalculation cycle. Let's say that's 100t. If three pilots show up, they can all buy that 100t, and when the servers sync up, the resulting market supply will be 0t, not -200t. So 200t extra cargo has been "created" and can be delivered to the CG. If twenty pilots showed up, they could all buy 100t and the resulting supply would still be 0t, not -1900t.

So you can get a lot more out of a market than its on-paper ability to generate supplies suggests if lots of players are all trying to buy it up at once.

-=-=-

The obvious and mostly-optimal strategy this gives is for (more or less) everyone doing the CG to park up at Taras Shevchenko Hub in Mriya as this has by far the best 10-minute regeneration rate [1] for any of the CG cargoes. Every ten minutes they open the commodity market, buy what's there (which will be about 120t), then read a book for a bit, repeating until their hold is full. At that point they rush it across to Jaques, sell it, and rush back. Everyone doing that strategy gets an independent ~120t allocation, which potentially massively multiplies the amount of cargo we can produce locally.

The big downside of that obvious strategy is it's really boring - if you've got a 700t hold, you'll spend an entire hour sat on the pad requesting a cargo load every ten minutes, then a ten minute trip to Jaques and back, then another hour waiting.

...but, there is a better approach which gets more cargo and is more fun!

-=-=-

Rock in Chrysus also has fairly good regeneration - about 70t per cycle. And it's only about 30 LY from Mriya.

So, what you can do is this, which - at least under the current BGS states - is I think going to be hard to beat.
- start at Mriya, load up what you find
- jump to Chrysus, load up what you find
- jump back to Mriya. It's now ten minutes later (probably slightly more unless you're a properly expert racer!) so you can get a new allocation
- jump back to Chrysus, get your new allocation there
- keep repeating this until your hold is full, then sell up at Jaques. Start over at Mriya if you want to do another run.

With the above 700t hold you'll fill it up in about 35 minutes this way (almost twice as fast), and you'll be constantly moving and trying to shave another thirty seconds here or there off your supercruise trips, which makes it way more interesting.

[1] How we know this is a separate topic. For now let's just say that Colonia's economic research and monitoring is of necessity considerably more sophisticated than the bubble's.

Remember, we don't need to get 100MT - Tier 2 doesn't "do" anything other than ensure that the CG lasts the full week and everyone has a chance to get some FSDs. We just need 3MT to get Tier 1 - which we're on track for, but, see below, more haulers would definitely help with it.

If a station has supply left - let's say it has 10000t, and three pilots show up and buy 100t each, then it might take a little while for the market servers to sync up but once they do the market has 9700t.

If the station has no supply left (which is basically true of everywhere in Colonia right now), the market will just show whatever it regenerates in each ten minute market recalculation cycle. Let's say that's 100t. If three pilots show up, they can all buy that 100t, and when the servers sync up, the resulting market supply will be 0t, not -200t. So 200t extra cargo has been "created" and can be delivered to the CG. If twenty pilots showed up, they could all buy 100t and the resulting supply would still be 0t, not -1900t.

So you can get a lot more out of a market than its on-paper ability to generate supplies suggests if lots of players are all trying to buy it up at once.

-=-=-

The obvious and mostly-optimal strategy this gives is for (more or less) everyone doing the CG to park up at Taras Shevchenko Hub in Mriya as this has by far the best 10-minute regeneration rate [1] for any of the CG cargoes. Every ten minutes they open the commodity market, buy what's there (which will be about 120t), then read a book for a bit, repeating until their hold is full. At that point they rush it across to Jaques, sell it, and rush back. Everyone doing that strategy gets an independent ~120t allocation, which potentially massively multiplies the amount of cargo we can produce locally.

The big downside of that obvious strategy is it's really boring - if you've got a 700t hold, you'll spend an entire hour sat on the pad requesting a cargo load every ten minutes, then a ten minute trip to Jaques and back, then another hour waiting.

-=-=-

Rock in Chrysus also has fairly good regeneration - about 70t per cycle. And it's only about 30 LY from Mriya.

So, what you can do is this, which - at least under the current BGS states - is I think going to be hard to beat.
- jump back to Mriya. It's now ten minutes later (probably slightly more unless you're a properly expert racer!) so you can get a new allocation
- keep repeating this until your hold is full, then sell up at Jaques. Start over at Mriya if you want to do another run.

With the above 700t hold you'll fill it up in about 35 minutes this way (almost twice as fast), and you'll be constantly moving and trying to shave another thirty seconds here or there off your supercruise trips, which makes it way more interesting.

[1] How we know this is a separate topic. For now let's just say that Colonia's economic research and monitoring is of necessity considerably more sophisticated than the bubble's.
Do you know what our expected domestic supply/production is? Can we reach the 3M for T1 without bubble FC injections?

-=-=-

-=-=-

Thanks for the explanation.

Part of me was thinking trying to make Colonia to also put a 75% stake there...
(it looks like Alcor night have trouble hitting T5 for that 6A FSD module and it might be better to go for it in Colonia)

However, it sounds like supply of CG materials from Colonia area stations generally cannot meet demand, with a lot of care on how not impact BGS state.

So my question, it doesn't sound like there will be much success bringing just a loader over as there won't be supply to load. Sounds more like the Colonia push also need us to bring full carriers out from the bubble.

(I'm just trying to decide if I should hop on the first express I find, or load and bring out my carrier)
Bring your carrier, the CG is going to need every carrier available.
Well, I have supplied 15000t to Alcor today, tomorrow I have to find a place to fill my carrier from, which I will then do. Saturday it'll move.

Do you know what our expected domestic supply/production is?
Nominally, across all three cargoes, and assuming no major BGS state changes, around 100,000 tonnes a day (mostly of Composites). Adding that to our initial stockpile would give us a deliverable volume of around 1M tonnes.

Can we reach the 3M for T1 without bubble FC injections?
This really depends on just how much we can abuse the zero-supply cloning of cargo :)

At the moment, since the market supplies ran out, we've been delivering about 20,000 tonnes an hour - so given the regeneration rates, at least 16,000 tonnes an hour extra from cloning. There's 152 hours left, so that extra cloning will in theory get us another 2.5M tonnes. Add that on to the 1M tonnes we get anyway, and on paper we make it without needing supplies shipping up.

The cloning gets more effective pretty much linearly with simultaneous participants, and the Thursday afternoon/evening is usually fairly quiet relative to the rest of a CG, we should be able to do rather more than that. On the other hand, it's also really dull and people might not want to do a full week of it once they're confident they've got a secure top 75%.

Also, our zero-supply cloning rate is pretty heavily dependent on Mriya and Chrysus and their BGS states remaining stable (or improving). Mriya should be alright so long as we don't accidentally knock it into Investment ... Chrysus likewise but there is also a risk of a production-interrupting event hitting that one.

So I'm certainly not going to discourage anyone from bringing some more supplies out here.

@Cmdr. Numa
Alcor is in the bubble and the bubble have enought supply. Colonia on other hand is bleeding dry already and a FC trip from bubble lasts at least 16 hours and cost a lot more in tritium ;)

Rock in Chrysus

Thank you for the info in this post because I was trying to google what to do when there's no stock, but just to mention: I went to Rock a couple of hours ago. It is a 2.3g world, and the descent from orbit to the surface is remarkably slow - like a good 4-5 minutes - due to the size of the planet. I burned my dinner because of that 😾

Not saying it's not the right place to be, but do not go there with explorer-sized thrusters! I banged into the ground on my python even with 6A 😹

Oh, I have missed that 2 tier change. Thanks for pointing it out. Now I may postpone teleport back to bubble option. 🙏

Thank you for the info in this post because I was trying to google what to do when there's no stock, but just to mention: I went to Rock a couple of hours ago. It is a 2.3g world, and the descent from orbit to the surface is remarkably slow - like a good 4-5 minutes - due to the size of the planet. I burned my dinner because of that 😾

Not saying it's not the right place to be, but do not go there with explorer-sized thrusters! I banged into the ground on my python even with 6A 😹
In the interests of getting down quickly I scrape about 20% off my hull each run at the end. Just fit a few HRPs in the small internals and make sure you crash onto the pad, not the ground. ;)

You can get down quite a bit faster than 4-5 minutes with practice - looking at my test times, my best run was about 6 minutes from the landing pad of Taras Shevchenko to the landing pad at Rock, and that includes a bit of supercruise in Mriya to get the destination over the horizon, two hyperspace jumps, and then in-system supercruise in Chrysus. With the right technique you should only need about 2-3 minutes on the cruise to the surface stage.

The trick is that the planet is massive, and therefore you'll decelerate really quickly once next to it, so you don't need to set 75% throttle at 6 seconds. Set it at 4 seconds instead, fly a slightly curving route on the way in, watch out for the rings, then orbit just above the blue line - you can drop from even 0.1c right down to 500km/s really quite quickly that way. Time it right and you'll be almost directly above the pad, so cut speed to 200m/s and dive straight down, then make sure you're not at more than 60 degrees down and pointing at the station when you hit the green line.

(You'll find this easier in a Python than I do in a T-9!)

The trick is that the planet is massive, and therefore you'll decelerate really quickly once next to it, so you don't need to set 75% throttle at 6 seconds. Set it at 4 seconds instead, fly a slightly curving route on the way in, watch out for the rings, then orbit just above the blue line - you can drop from even 0.1c right down to 500km/s really quite quickly that way. Time it right and you'll be almost directly above the pad, so cut speed to 200m/s and dive straight down, then make sure you're not at more than 60 degrees down and pointing at the station when you hit the green line.

Well, my 2nd try was... about 4 minutes 😹 I did improve on the approach, coming in fast inside the rings and letting gravity slow me, but then I was just at 3Mm out and slowing hard. Up side, didn't crunch the deck. This place reminds me of Biggs back in FE2... that was a monster to land on too - although I think that was 3g.

(That said, I'm not sure many people are coming to Rock... just filled up on 233 units - and I only have a capacity of 248 so that's as good as full. I think a lot of commanders are going to try it once and never come back. Might be a case of he who dares bagsies the cargo.)

At the end of the CG, how does one receive their reward? Because I was going to jump on a shuttle fleet carrier back to the bubble on monday... but if my reward is only claimable at Jaques, I'll have to put that off 🙀

(Also holy heck the docking computer is good! Why did I assume it would be slow and cumbersome like NPCs? It's faster than me... and I'm faster than the NPCs are. It's so useful for these monotonous cargo runs when I'm losing focus!)

At the end of the CG, how does one receive their reward? Because I was going to jump on a shuttle fleet carrier back to the bubble on monday... but if my reward is only claimable at Jaques, I'll have to put that off 🙀

(Also holy heck the docking computer is good! Why did I assume it would be slow and cumbersome like NPCs? It's faster than me... and I'm faster than the NPCs are. It's so useful for these monotonous cargo runs when I'm losing focus!)
You can get module transferred.

From Horizons UI, my guess is that the Colonia CG requires 3 million tons contribution for Tier 1, which is 3000000/850000 = 60/17, i.e. over 3.5 times the amount of the 2nd phase's Colonia CG final tier (and that one was already hard). This is insane.
ColoniaBridgeProjectThirdPhase-Colonia_Tiers.png

Inara estimate says 3% (AKA 3 ml) in 6D 1H 16M in the moment. This is very close to a failure to reach Tier 1 with a current rate.

Edit: Do you have alarm for every 10 min? You can set those in windows or smartphone with 10 min snooze 🤓

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom