COMPLETED CG Colonia Bridge Project Third Phase - Colonia (Trade)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
The CGs will be decided during the weekend. That's when most players can play. It all depends on how many carriers make the move and how full they are.

I got to Mriya yesterday, and found 67k Ceramic Composites. I managed to get 6k in my FC before they ran out. Already unloaded half, hopefully I'll finish unloading the rest this evening. I hope there are other cmdrs with stock in their carriers.

I got to Mriya yesterday, and found 67k Ceramic Composites. I managed to get 6k in my FC before they ran out. Already unloaded half, hopefully I'll finish unloading the rest this evening. I hope there are other cmdrs with stock in their carriers.
That amount can ensure you are in top 75% but will hardly make any difference to completion. Tier 1 maybe unreachable, without serious abuse of zero amount supply or good help from bubble FCs. The initial amount was too low.

TIME LEFT
5D 21H 31M
ESTIMATED COMPLETION
~2% in 5D 21H 31M
If the trend continues and Frontier do not touch Tier margins Colonia will not hit Tier 1.
I assume it is a matter of rounding but currently we are looking at less than 2.5Mt at deadline.

Well, my 2nd try was... about 4 minutes 😹 I did improve on the approach, coming in fast inside the rings and letting gravity slow me, but then I was just at 3Mm out and slowing hard. Up side, didn't crunch the deck. This place reminds me of Biggs back in FE2... that was a monster to land on too - although I think that was 3g.
You'll get quicker with practice (and it's a tough one - my best run was 6 minutes pad to pad, my worst was almost 8 - where you hit orbit makes a huge amount of difference)

If you're only moderately off, stay just below the blue line and fly level with the surface - that'll get you almost 500km/s compared with the normal 200km/s orbital cruise speed limit.

(That said, I'm not sure many people are coming to Rock... just filled up on 233 units - and I only have a capacity of 248 so that's as good as full. I think a lot of commanders are going to try it once and never come back. Might be a case of he who dares bagsies the cargo.)
It's definitely another advantage to swapping a few of the bigger locations around - if the EDDB data is more than an hour old you might well get lucky because everyone else has decided it won't be worth it.

If the trend continues and Frontier do not touch Tier margins Colonia will not hit Tier 1.

Just watched Mriya tick and generate 233 composites; yesterday I think we were saying it usually did 70? Not sure if some background tuning has happened to make it a bit more possible by reducing waiting time?

It's definitely another advantage to swapping a few of the bigger locations around
Any idea if the docking computer can handle high g? It's definitely faster than I am on the small rocks, but I fear what it might do on the big Rock 😹

Just watched Mriya tick and generate 233 composites; yesterday I think we were saying it usually did 70? Not sure if some background tuning has happened to make it a bit more possible by reducing waiting time?
Mriya was around 120 on average when I was checking yesterday, so maybe you got lucky and picked up two ticks? (Buy at end of one, wait slightly more than ten minutes before checking again so two productions have happened)

It's possible there's been a state change through in the latest political tick, but I can't think of one that could plausibly increase production any further.

A hand-coded boost to production rates at those stations is certainly possible but would be very hard to confirm with this much trade activity ... though if it starts happening consistently that may be it.

Any idea if the docking computer can handle high g? It's definitely faster than I am on the small rocks, but I fear what it might do on the big Rock 😹
I haven't used one - from watching a ship recall to plain surface on a high G environment, it'll probably be safe, but a lot slower than the old "I have shields/HRPs" dart technique...

I assume it is a matter of rounding but currently we are looking at less than 2.5Mt at deadline.
Patience, carriers need 15 hours travel time from the bubble and have to be loaded and unloaded. Numbers will rise.

so maybe you got lucky and picked up two ticks?
Unless the UI can sometimes lag and you see both back to back?

Just noticed it becase yesterday the ticks did not fill my cargo hold and I would wait on the pad for a 2nd; today one was enough. I arrived to find zero, waited a few mins then plink, 233 available. I will no doubt test this again later today 😹

Yes I use a docking computer to land at the 4G surface base in the Pleiades.
I'd consider it something of a necessity.

waited a few mins then plink, 233 available. I will no doubt test this again later today 😹
Update; last tick seemed to be for 170 ish. Not sure if that's as expected or a little more generous. Though I do stand by having witnessed a 0-233 this morning 😸

...with a 240t cargo hold, it's probably not worth my worrying about station hopping ^^; On average, it's a 5 minute wait for the 2nd load to fill up.

Yes I use a docking computer to land at the 4G surface base in the Pleiades.
Excellent!

Anyone know how much Tritium is needed to get to Colonia in my new FC?
I've only tried a few jumps and it seemed to use 80odd T for a 416ly jump but only had 9kT Tritium.
What about if I have 25kT full cargo (mix of 14kT Tritium and 12kT computer components)
Is it worth it? (using 752T T9 both to buy and unload)
And would 14kT Tritium get me there and back?

Last edited:
Anyone know how much Tritium is needed to get to Colonia in my new FC?
I've only tried a few jumps and it seemed to use 80odd T for a 416ly jump but only had 9kT Tritium.
What about if I have 25kT full cargo (mix of 14kT Tritium and 12kT computer components)
Is it worth it?
And would 14kT Tritium get me there and back?
a lovely tool - for precise result enter precise data for your cargo , services etc.

Just keep in mind Tritium supply in Colonia is close to 0 and you either need to bring your fuel from the bubble, mine it or buy it from other FCs for the return trip.

Roughly 11kT tritium if you come to Colonia with 100% used capacity. The tritium for the return trip is around 5.4kT.

It varies. While idling at Mriya yesterday I saw everything from 90's to 250's in a single tick. Usual value in low 100.

Just now I got 284 in one go.

Deleted member 254248

D
Edit: Do you have alarm for every 10 min? You can set those in windows or smartphone with 10 min snooze 🤓
The ten minute countdown starts when you click the Buy button, not when you enter the market. You need a few seconds once the timer has expired to click on the market, click the commodity, increase the amount and click the Buy button. A straight ten minute timer will always sound a few seconds before your market refreshes, and it will get progressively more out of sync as time goes by if it automatically resets after every time it runs out.

I have an exercise timer on my phone that does a ten minute countdown and sounds an alarm (to let me know that the market has refreshed), then it has a ten second wait timer and sounds another alarm to let me know the ten minute timer has started again (and I need to have clicked the Buy button before that alarm sounds). I can do it in five seconds, but ten allows me some wiggle room.

This way I can play remotely from my Xbox on my IPad and just make a few clicks every ten minutes while I watch TV or read while filling up on cargo for an hour.

If you don't have a carrier and want to contribute is there a minimum amount you have to deliver to receive the modified FSD modules? (Understanding that Tier 1 has to be achieved by the group.)

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
If you don't have a carrier and want to contribute is there a minimum amount you have to deliver to receive the modified FSD modules? (Understanding that Tier 1 has to be achieved by the group.)
Yes - players who are in the Top 75% receive the modules. Current Inara estimate for the threshold to get in to the Top 75% is about 600t - this will likely rise over the term of the CG.

Current rate requirement is around 18000t/hour - this is slightly higher than we've been actually achieving since the initial stockpiles ran out, but not by very much - increased activity at the weekend and the occasional incoming carrier should get us through, but it'll be very close.

BGS update: Mriya's economy is overheating a bit and if it flips into Investment that will hurt a lot. Now is a good time to stop selling trade goods to it.
In Chrysus, better news - the economy is staying well within the safe range, and the security is rising towards Civil Liberty which will give us a big production rate boost to make it comparable with Mriya.

Good hauling!

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom