Combat pilots. What do you do with your time Ingame?

On my way back from Beagle Point.

So, jump, jump, jump. neo star jump, jump, jump, jump...
Abid of scanning.

Alot of youtube and a book, navigating stars has become second nature.

My Combat Rank says "Deadly", but.. I haven't fired a weapon in months. I headed out to circumnavigate the galaxy because I'd grown tired of blowing things up.

Combat? Combat is but a distant dream of good times past. Second account, grinding engineers like a madman just to get it over with and to be competent in combat again.

Yesterday I jump-honk-scooped 160 loading screens to get myself out to 5KLY+ and halfway back the return trip, this morning woke up at 5am and decided to jump-honk-scoop the remaining 59 loading screens to Procyon. Considered fast travel by suicidewinder but decided against it so I could dump my "exploration" data to Sirius Corp.

Next grind?

Buy a commodity.
Go to a random station.
Sell the commodity.
Buy another commodity.
Go to another random station.
Sell the commodity.
Repeat until "traded at 50 stations".

Thanks FDev for forcing me into hours of wizard gameplay followed by hours of thief gameplay, just so I can be a competent fighter. I'm sure you're in trouble trying to find room for all the BAFTA Games Awards this pearl of game design has provided you with.

Oh no wait that was God of War with its incredible narrative, carefully handcrafted content, amazing voice acting, and flowing gameplay. Nevermind

I still mostly do HazRes scumming. ATM I'm taking a break to max my engineering on FSD, thrusters, powerplant, and distributor on my Krait Mk2. Already did up my weapons, saving shield for until I get those Prismatics. :)

Um, shoot things? I get all my combat from running missions. Stack them as high as they can go then you get chased by a neverending stream of anacondas and other smaller ships that are going to boil me up or something. Sometimes two or three on one!
Stacking is where it's at. If you don't have $350+ million worth of missions going at once, you're doing it wrong. :)

I have 3 "feeder" systems where I'm allied with all factions which give missions for one pirate group. In that pirate group's system, I don't bother to Interdictor be interdicted usually; there is a single HazRes where they spawn in droves. I blaze away until the guns go dry.

I chose systems with large pads so I can use any ship to hunt.

Last edited:
Thanks FDev for forcing me into hours of wizard gameplay followed by hours of thief gameplay, just so I can be a competent fighter. I'm sure you're in trouble trying to find room for all the BAFTA Games Awards this pearl of game design has provided you with.

Oh no wait that was God of War with its incredible narrative, carefully handcrafted content, amazing voice acting, and flowing gameplay. Nevermind

i think you will find they did walk away with a trophy!

SAsi6yX.png

Fight other combat pilots or practice in a comp nav/hazres in between grinding materials for the next reverski-killer build attempt and farming cash for rebuys.

Also, as Slange says... When we can find the time for it...

Sorry you can't hear my voice, I keep meaning to flip that setting and forgetting.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQnQ4P3pyC8

The key of beating reverski is range control, which is an element of flying skill. It's not a build related thing, at least not primarily.

See Yamato's videos about killing infamous long range reverski railspamming FDL and Chieftain CMDR's in his low-hitpoint (400ish MJ biweave with SCB's and low hull underneath) FDL, with nothing more than MC's/PA's and short range rails.

The key of beating reverski is range control, which is an element of flying skill. It's not a build related thing, at least not primarily.

See Yamato's videos about killing infamous long range reverski railspamming FDL and Chieftain CMDR's in his low-hitpoint (400ish MJ biweave with SCB's and low hull underneath) FDL, with nothing more than MC's/PA's and short range rails.
Requisite skill is assumed, and we have it (not Yamato's level, but not a long way behind either) but thanks for pointing it out to others, of course there is no answer to a large skill difference between pilots regardless of loadout. Furthermore the short range rail meta is not new, nor was it pioneered by Yamato. He also has a pretty decent hull under there, look at his boost speed, we divined his build just from datapoints in his videos; low emissions PP is the big trick for making that build viable, so biweave and few boosters is a forced choice, not a desirable one. Of course we all strive to achieve the levels of control that Yamato has but personally, as a hotas user, it's going to be a struggle.

If you want to compare notes, be my guest, but we are facing reverski.com and osoreverski most days we go to shinny, and so far I only know of one enforcer to take down osobist. He is damn good at what he does. And annoyingly, virtually uninterdictable. Lol

Last edited:
Requisite skill is assumed, and we have it (not Yamato's level, but not a long way behind either) but thanks for pointing it out to others, of course there is no answer to a large skill difference between pilots regardless of loadout. Furthermore the short range rail meta is not new, nor was it pioneered by Yamato. He also has a pretty decent hull under there, look at his boost speed, we divined his build just from datapoints in his videos; low emissions PP is the big trick for making that build viable, so biweave and few boosters is a forced choice, not a desirable one. Of course we all strive to achieve the levels of control that Yamato has but personally, as a hotas user, it's going to be a struggle.

If you want to compare notes, be my guest, but we are facing reverski.com and osoreverski most days we go to shinny, and so far I only know of one enforcer to take down osobist. He is damn good at what he does. And annoyingly, virtually uninterdictable. Lol

Don't get me wrong, it wasn't my intention to sound pretentious, disdainful or stuck-up or anything like that in the least (I'm not a native speaker of English, so it's not always easy to reckon with subtleties).

Yes, reverski is an annoying, boring and un-fun thing in this game (just like premium ammo, hitpoint inflation or no-skill weapons like seekers/packhounds BTW).

As for said CMDR's in specific, I think you can more easily counter their builds than their reverski tactics itself (most of the time they fly low hull high shield FDL's, so phasing is a pretty obvious answer, especially in a wing), but they are just going to wake as soon as their shields and/or hull drop to a certain level, so it's not even worth the bother IMO.

I don't kill people, just NPC's and Skimmers....
Sir,
PvP is the most fun I have ever had in the game. You really ought to try it....Yes, there is some salty epeen like behavior, but for the most part, pvpers are really awesome people. And I used to be into Hello Kitty, so I know what sweet and kind is. Besides, the joy of practicing one's piloting skills not only for it's own sake, but also to be able to better blow up one's friends is unmatched. It also helps to listen to opera whilst practicing......o7

Sir,
PvP is the most fun I have ever had in the game. You really ought to try it....Yes, there is some salty epeen like behavior, but for the most part, pvpers are really awesome people. And I used to be into Hello Kitty, so I know what sweet and kind is. Besides, the joy of practicing one's piloting skills not only for it's own sake, but also to be able to better blow up one's friends is unmatched. It also helps to listen to opera whilst practicing......o7
Hello Kitty would be a great PvP squadron name.

Tag: MEOW.

They need to add someone to their team who has a better understanding of game design principles. They're wasting a lot of money adding features like Engineers or Power Play that aren't designed according to modern design principles. I'm worried that in 2020 they'll deliver something that's again not a modern design.

Engineers are just crafting and upgrading. Follow what most games do. No need to reinvent the wheel.

Can I have your stuff from both accounts?

(Gee, now that FDev forces people to buy additional accounts this worn out joke is better than ever!)

If I'm not at a PvP gathering somewhere, I'm drifting around a hazres or conflict zone with multicrew open. If there's other ships available to join, I join them. Saved a lot of rookies in Kraits and Condas by joining and taking control of a fighter. Sometimes I'll go meet them with my own ship and hang out a bit.

I don't bother travelling for PvP much anymore, unless someone needs a hand.

I don't do it as much as I used to, but I'll occasionally go meet some rookies and give them a nudge towards the combat path. Show 'em the ropes in the rings, teach them how to survive on their own without combat logging or solo play. If they stick around and move on to PvP someday, great. Ideally that's what happens. If they don't? That's fine too. At least I can say that there's another halfway competent pilot out there because of my guidance.

I assume you also throw on some Holst, Wagner and Schwantner?
Ummm, no.... maybe some Der Ring des Nibelungen, but not Holst or Schwanter. I prefer Lied and Melodie and am nuts about Puccini. There is nothing like a well trained classical singer. Singers are best able to express the ineffable comedy of existence. Also sorry Mr. Holst but your "Planets" is way too anthropomorphized. Curiously, Mahler is extremely suited to space travel. The seemingly static beauty of a Mahler symphony really complements the infinite static magnificence of space.

I also love Frank Sinatra and Mel Torme' and listen to other genres, but there is something about Puccini.....
:)
o7

I fly around with my T9 and take on any pirate or security that want's to have my stuff… but wait, I am not exactly a combat pilot… anymore… if I ever was. Today.

Last edited:
Top Bottom