Community guests at FD HQ on 27th for Q4 news

Hi everyone, I'm finally back at a hotel room. I have ~25mins of free wifi. Waddya want to know?

P.S. my earlier photo was not intended to be a space legs hint, we've only seen Q4 content today.

I'm happy (but I'm always happy ... draw what conclusions you will from that)

no space legs in Q4 confirmed! things are looking up.

so...are there really 100 programmers working on Elite? Did you see them? Did you count them? Did they make them all wear a shirt with a number on it?

Atmospheric landings?

I am at a lose to work out why so many are upset about this visit. FD have invited groups before, and no doubt they will do it again in the future. So what that they invited a bunch of talking heads from YouTube, they had to select a group from somewhere, maybe next time they will select a bunch of posters from here, who knows and who cares!

And the visit won't change the outlook of the invitees either, whether they are White Knights or toxic Doom and Gloomers, what they say on their channels won't change because they have a fair idea what their subscribers want to hear. Lets say one of the invitees is ultra toxic, always finding fault in everything FD does. If they suddenly start sprouted how magnificent FD is, their subscribers will drop as a result. Likewise if someone was never critical of FD but suddenly started to rant and rave about the company, they would lose subscribers faster than a newbie can lose their first Anaconda.

The invitees won't be releasing a 'tell all' clip because they would have signed an NDA, they may hint that 'big things are coming' but are hopefully smart enough to know the consequences of breaking the NDA.

You've missed the entire point of the whole thread. Well done :)

Hi everyone, I'm finally back at a hotel room. I have ~25mins of free wifi. Waddya want to know?

P.S. my earlier photo was not intended to be a space legs hint, we've only seen Q4 content today.

Were you happy with the previous results of the last closed invite group?

no space legs in Q4 confirmed! things are looking up.

so...are there really 100 programmers working on Elite? Did you see them? Did you count them? Did they make them all wear a shirt with a number on it?
for frick's sake ... what's this obsession with numbers ... there's definitely a lot of people working here (not in my hotel room ... there I meant)
Atmospheric landings?
Don't know, sorry ... only Q4.

I don't know, I wasn't invited to that one.

My apologies, my question was probably not quite clear enough... What I meant was that you were aware of the previous event, the hype and discussions surrounding it, the various people who went telling us that it was going to be epic etc etc... and the final reveal.

Did that final reveal back then meet your own personal expectations, given what those who attended that event were saying?

My apologies, my question was probably not quite clear enough... What I meant was that you were aware of the previous event, the hype and discussions surrounding it, the various people who went telling us that it was going to be epic etc etc... and the final reveal.

Did that final reveal back then meet your own personal expectations, given what those who attended that event were saying?
LOL

*that's* your question?

Eh, given some of the responses to the OT... I don't think it's M00ka that's missed the entire "point" of the thread here. ;)

I was referring to the closed event, and responding to many posts in this thread regarding how hype tends to not equal reality. And that the primary reason for these events is to garner media support in the form of 'influencer' content creation, to coincide with the lifting of the NDA for 3.3 - which is precisely what happened at the last event.

Who attended, their feelings on the game and the toxicity of people is irrelevant because as was pointed out by someone else as well - this whole thing is simply a PR stunt in exchange for free advertising, which benefits YT content providers in extra revenue.

LOL

*that's* your question?

Yes.. not sure I need your blessing to ask it either...

Hey :)

Did you get to see any other 'discoverables' beyond the lightning? Get to try any of the explo mechanics? See anything outside of the known additions that felt like it had had decent dev time put into it? Describe your evoked mood for each via a colour + animal ;)

Bingo, you've hit the nail on the head. If I say what I saw was awesome your expectatations will go through the roof and when Q4 drops you'll say ... but Alec, I thought you said it was going to be awesome. On the other hand I could say meh and deliberately play the game then you'd all be pleasantly surprised at how good it is and think I was a grumpy. I don't know what to say, it's like thermonuclear war! Who fancies a nice game of chess?

What I can say is that I met TJ and it's DEFINITELY all his fault.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bingo, you've hit the nail on the head. If I say what I saw was awesome your expectatations will go through the roof and when Q4 drops you'll say ... but Alec, I thought you said it was going to be awesome. On the other hand I could say meh and deliberately play the game then you'd all be pleasantly surprised at how good it is and think I was a grumpy b@st@rd. I don't know what to say, it's like thermonuclear war! Who fancies a nice game of chess?

What I can say is that I met TJ and it's DEFINITELY all his fault.

I appreciate the answer :) (answered with the skill and cunning of a Romulan :D )

This place is INSANE.

That we could end up with a thread about some elite streamers visiting Frontier (a nice, good thing) and it turn into WE WERE LIED TO! and OA is soooo toxic (!), not to mention the jealousy and apparent personal offence some seem to have taken at the rest of the player base being excluded ... brilliant.

Frontier should shut the forum and just have a blog where they post updates, with comments switched off. A forum is a waste of their time and a massive waste of salt.

Top Bottom