NOTICE: Community Meeting Efteling 2017 (CHC version)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Depends where you live in the UK of course, but there are some pretty cheap flights available if you fly to Eindhoven. I've managed to get a return flight on Ryanair for £44 only, from Manchester, excluding baggage etc. [happy]

Considering it will probably cost me more to actually get the train to Manchester in the first place, that's not a bad deal [haha]

I live near Portsmouth. I've just tried looking from Southampton Airport, and the cost for a return is nearly £1300?? Surely that cannot be right? I'm useless at travel stuff!

I live near Portsmouth. I've just tried looking from Southampton Airport, and the cost for a return is nearly £1300?? Surely that cannot be right? I'm useless at travel stuff!

Wow [shocked]. No that certainly does not seem right.

There don't seem to be any direct flights from Southampton to Eindhoven, i.e. I think what has come up for you is a routing with stops in Edinburgh and Amsterdam. You can fly direct to Amsterdam from Southampton from looking, so that may be your best bet, but then you will need to look into trains/busses for getting to the park from there. If Stansted is an option for you, you may want to have a look at flights there, as I know Ryanair also fly to Eindhoven from there for pretty cheap.

TL;DR make sure you are looking at direct flights, rather than flights that are going via other places.

Wow [shocked]. No that certainly does not seem right.

There don't seem to be any direct flights from Southampton to Eindhoven, i.e. I think what has come up for you is a routing with stops in Edinburgh and Amsterdam. You can fly direct to Amsterdam from Southampton from looking, so that may be your best bet, but then you will need to look into trains/busses for getting to the park from there. If Stansted is an option for you, you may want to have a look at flights there, as I know Ryanair also fly to Eindhoven from there for pretty cheap.

TL;DR make sure you are looking at direct flights, rather than flights that are going via other places.

Excellent! Thank you for this. (P.S. Sorry to take over the thread!)

I hope I can make it, if I can't then I hope you all enjoy! Would absolutely love a UK meet up at some point.

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
I have updated the OP of this thread because the Winter Efteling event has ended. You can now use the Efteling app and map in their summer theme instead of their winter theme.

Jammy3112, thanks for your interest in the Community Meeting. It would be great if you can join us, but please only do so if it isn't too much of a hassle. ;)

Well I have booked a hotel so looks like I am coming [happy]

Hurrah!

Is anyone thinking of staying at the hotel at the park?. I'm even wondering if it's worth arriving the day before, so I'm rested for a full on day in the park and then staying that night too and flying back to the UK on the Sunday.

WingardiumLevicoaster

Volunteer Moderator
Hurrah!

Is anyone thinking of staying at the hotel at the park?. I'm even wondering if it's worth arriving the day before, so I'm rested for a full on day in the park and then staying that night too and flying back to the UK on the Sunday.

I am staying in the park hotel and flying on Friday. You get 3 days park entry on two nights.

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
I'm doubting to book the Efteling Hotel as well for 1 or 2 nights... :D That way I could do some warming up in the park on the day before the Community Meeting.

Great, I'll be there :). If anyone needs a carpool from around Utrecht/Amsterdam, let me know. Also anyone with a low budget can bunk at my place :p (including travels to the park).

Great, I'll be there :). If anyone needs a carpool from around Utrecht/Amsterdam, let me know. Also anyone with a low budget can bunk at my place :p (including travels to the park).

Ace. It will be really good to meet up again. I'm dead glad you're coming. [big grin]

For ppl still looking for overnight stays this site might help you http://www.booking.com/searchresults.en-gb.html?aid=318615&label=New_Dutch_BE_20153197225-6hMCi2T9Q_mgJreC7ZFu3QS99511323385%3Apl%3Ata%3Ap1%3Ap2%3Aac%3Aap1t1%3Aneg%3Afi%3Atidsa-166246060585%3Alp1001304%3Ali%3Adec%3Adm&lang=en-gb&sid=1dbd1210069f9e83a29dbf8bcb98f8be&sb=1&src=searchresults&src_elem=sb&error_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.booking.com%2Fsearchresults.en-gb.html%3Faid%3D318615%3Blabel%3DNew_Dutch_BE_20153197225-6hMCi2T9Q_mgJreC7ZFu3QS99511323385%253Apl%253Ata%253Ap1%253Ap2%253Aac%253Aap1t1%253Aneg%253Afi%253Atidsa-166246060585%253Alp1001304%253Ali%253Adec%253Adm%3Bsid%3D1dbd1210069f9e83a29dbf8bcb98f8be%3Bcheckin_month%3D6%3Bcheckin_monthday%3D30%3Bcheckin_year%3D2017%3Bcheckout_month%3D7%3Bcheckout_monthday%3D2%3Bcheckout_year%3D2017%3Bclass_interval%3D1%3Bdtdisc%3D0%3Bgroup_adults%3D2%3Bgroup_children%3D0%3Bhlrd%3D0%3Bhyb_red%3D0%3Binac%3D0%3Blabel_click%3Dundef%3Blandmark%3D123%3Bnha_red%3D0%3Bno_rooms%3D1%3Boffset%3D0%3Bpostcard%3D0%3Bredirected_from_city%3D0%3Bredirected_from_landmark%3D0%3Bredirected_from_region%3D0%3Broom1%3DA%252CA%3Bsb_price_type%3Dtotal%3Bsrc%3Dsearchresults%3Bsrc_elem%3Dssb%3Bss_all%3D0%3Bssb%3Dempty%3Bsshis%3D0%3Bssne_untouched%3DDe%2520Efteling%26%3B&ss=De+Efteling&ssne=De+Efteling&ssne_untouched=De+Efteling&landmark=123&sb_travel_purpose=leisure&checkin_monthday=30&checkin_month=6&checkin_year=2017&checkout_monthday=2&checkout_month=7&checkout_year=2017&room1=A%2CA&no_rooms=1&group_adults=2&group_children=0&track_sssu=1

I'm definitely there, and will most likely drag Zac and Ed along. [heart]

OOOOOOH YESSSSS [heart]

ooooh! Can I come [squeeeeee]

OOOOOH YESSSSS [heart]
I really want to get out to Efteling, if a none Dutch Planet Coaster community member wants to fly over and join in the fun, would they be welcome?

OOOOOOOOH YESSSSSS [heart]

Hmm, I've never been to Efteling either - room for one more? [big grin]
Cheers

Andy

OOOOOOOOH YESSSSSS [heart]

OOOOOOOOOOOH YESSSSSSS AWESOME GUYS !!!

SO MUCH LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS :D !

#NotHypedAtAll [squeeeeee][wacky][heart][tongue][woah]

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom