NOTICE: Community Meeting Efteling 2017 (CHC version)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
Hey amazing Coaster Heads!

You may have seen the hashtag #CommunityMeetingEfteling2017 pop up in some livestream chats. This hashtag is connected to a Community Meeting that some members of the Dutch Planet Coaster community are going to organise in Efteling, a theme park in The Netherlands.

Today I am happy to announce that we have picked a date for the Community Meeting in Efteling:

Community Meeting Efteling 2017
Saturday 1 July 2017

We are planning to visit Efteling with a group of Dutch Planet Coaster fans, and it would be awesome if you can join us! This invitation is also for members of the Coaster Head Club, including members from other countries.

Efteling
Efteling is a great theme park near the city Tilburg in The Netherlands. The park is famous for its wonderful scenery and a selection of great coasters and dark rides, like the wooden coaster Joris en de Draak, the dive coaster Baron 1898, the water coaster De Vliegende Hollander (The Flying Dutchman) and the dark rides Fata Morgana and Droomvlucht. The theme park is also known for their Fairytale Forest. You can learn more about Efteling by visiting their website and their YouTube channel.

Practical information
  • The date for the Community Meeting will be Saturday 1 July 2017.
  • The Community Meeting will take place in the Dutch theme park Efteling.
  • Efteling will be open from 10:00 until 23:00 CET on Saturday 1 July 2017. The opening times are subject to change depending on conditions in the park. Efteling can change the opening times without further notice.
  • It is possible that Efteling will organise special activities and events on the date of the Community Meeting. These activities and events have not yet been announced by Efteling at the time of this announcement. It is known that Efteling organises their 'Negen Pleinen Festijn' during the Saturdays in July and August each year. Details about activities and events in Efteling will be announced by Efteling later this year.
  • There will not be a meetup in a special location such as a lounge or anything alike. Basically, we have planned a date so that members of the Planet Coaster community can meet each other in Efteling. That is the only thing that we have planned; the date.
  • Everyone who would like to join us for the Community Meeting is responsible for their own costs, including but not limited to entrance fee, parking, (public) transport, overnight stay, travel costs to and from the theme park, food, drinks, merchandise and other costs.
  • Everyone is responsible for their own safety and health.
  • The terms and conditions of Efteling apply to all visitors of Efteling.
  • It is not required to apply for attending the Community Meeting. Everyone is free to join if they want to. If you want us to look out to you, then please let us know that you are coming by replying to this thread or by sending a PM to Joël.

Preparing for your visit to Efteling
Efteling has a smartphone app which features information about the park, such as an interactive map, practical information about the park and actual queue times for the rides. You can find more information about the Efteling app on the website of Efteling, including download links for Android and iOS. Alternatively, you can view the map of Efteling here.

Organisation and responsibility
This Community Meeting is not associated or affiliated with Frontier Developments and Efteling. This Community Meeting will be organised by the community, not by Frontier Developments or Efteling. Frontier Developments, Efteling and the community members organising this Community Meeting do not take any responsibility for anyone who is attending this Community Meeting or events that may or may not take place during this Community Meeting.

Questions?
You can contact Joël on the official Planet Coaster forums by sending him a PM if you have any questions about the Community Meeting Efteling 2017.

Thank you for reading. We look forward to meet you in Efteling!

Have a lovely day and enjoy Planet Coaster.

Joël

[happy]

Sawyer1

Planet Coaster Ambassador
I really want to get out to Efteling, if a none Dutch Planet Coaster community member wants to fly over and join in the fun, would they be welcome?

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
I really want to get out to Efteling, if a none Dutch Planet Coaster community member wants to fly over and join in the fun, would they be welcome?

Hey Christopher,

Yes, every member of the Planet Coaster community is welcome to join the meeting in Efteling. It is not exclusive to Dutch members, though we are aiming for the most enthusiastic members. That is why I have announced this in the Coaster Head Club.

Furthermore, it is possible that Bo will join the meeting as well : )

I have updated the announcement.

[heart][big grin][up]

It looks like July 1st. has just been filled up! [big grin]

[video=youtube;1XdW_MjKvhU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XdW_MjKvhU[/video]

Hey Joel,
how cool is that! I would love to come! What a nice and great idea, count me in!

So I will go from Cologne, Germany by car, if anyone needs a ride on this route you are welcome!

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
i think its a must we all wear our CHC T-shirts on that day

ps.makes it easy to recognize the chc members

I'm thinking about making a new Planet Coaster T-shirt with the merchandise designer. Maybe the T-shirt that Gulpee is wearing : )

AndyC1

A
Hmm, I've never been to Efteling either - room for one more? [big grin]
Cheers

Andy

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
Hmm, I've never been to Efteling either - room for one more? [big grin]
Cheers

Andy

There's always room for more. I consider everyone from Frontier to be Coaster Heads as well [wink].

Feel fee to join the meeting if you want to. We look forward to meet you there.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom