Community Special - Winter Update Livestream

Aw Bo.

I have to miss it again. I'm bobbing over the Penines to see the Red Hot Chili Peppers in Manchester tomorrow. It'll be the 3rd week in a row I've missed. I'm a bad, bad man. I haven't abandoned you all though. I'll try to make it for the next one. I'm gutted I won't get to see all the new stuff revealed. So don't have too much fun without me [wink][up]

Has the guy who replaced Jon Fruiscante learned all the songs yet? Last time i saw them he really wasn't uo to it. To be fair it must be hard to follow one of the greates funk guitarists ever!!

I have a very strong suspicion that we are going to get a collision toggle in this update.

I don't see why we would even want collision, it will just be an extra hit on processing power. Then again, optional features are always welcome, but I don't think you would want to use it.
Curious to see what's coming to PC tomorrow :)

Last edited:
I don't see why we would even want collision, it will just be an extra hit on processing power. Then again, optional features are always welcome, but I don't think you would want to use it.
Curious to see what's coming to PC tomorrow :)

You realise that by collision, we are talking about scenery items allowed to be placed inside the hit boxes of rides etc. right?
That would in no way be an extra hit on processing power. [happy]

P.S - Of which I would definitely want to use [haha]

Last edited:
Honestly I am not expecting more than: The new ride, bug fixes, maybe some base UI adjustments for QoL (not the full revamp like in that thread which looked awesome), maybe some minor tweaks to existing features. However I am not expecting anything like weather. seasons, collision detection, management etc with this update in honest. That isn't a negative or a problem for myself, just being level headed around all this at moment.

Honestly I am not expecting more than: The new ride, bug fixes, maybe some base UI adjustments for QoL (not the full revamp like in that thread which looked awesome), maybe some minor tweaks to existing features. However I am not expecting anything like weather. seasons, collision detection, management etc with this update in honest. That isn't a negative or a problem for myself, just being level headed around all this at moment.

I'm with you. In a perfect world we would even see Alpine and Bobsled roller coasters tomorrow (besides other major changes). But, we all know that we don't live in a perfect world. I agree with you that it won't be weather/seasons, or a large scale management revamp.

I'm with you. In a perfect world we would even see Alpine and Bobsled roller coasters tomorrow (besides other major changes). But, we all know that we don't live in a perfect world. I agree with you that it won't be weather/seasons, or a large scale management revamp.

The main reason I suggest this is I honestly believe they would market it telling us that such big features are included to drum up new sales not release big stealth updates.

Hm, as we already have triggers and because New Years Eve is coming I wouldn't be surprised if there were fireworks in the update.[mouth shut][yesnod][woah][big grin] We already have the effects and triggers and what worked in RCT3 should work here as well [big grin].
Well, we know for the flatride which is great but I guess there has to be more than this one ride and bug fixes because they seem to make a big thing out of it. Maybe we get a snowy habitat/theme. [wacky][mouth shut][big grin] It's called WINTER update so there should be snow in there [big grin][big grin][big grin]

Last edited:
Hm, as we already have triggers and because New Years Eve is coming I wouldn't be surprised if there were fireworks in the update.[mouth shut][yesnod][woah][big grin] We already have the effects and triggers and what worked in RCT3 should work here as well [big grin].
Well, we know for the flatride which is great but I guess there has to be more than this one ride and bug fixes because they seem to make a big thing out of it. Maybe we get a snowy habitat/theme. [wacky][mouth shut][big grin] It's called WINTER update so there should be snow in there [big grin][big grin][big grin]

I'm not expecting snow textures, xmas things or fireworks myself tbh. I mean it would be cool just not likely as I feel there are more important things to add then these right now for myself at least.

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
I'm not expecting anything at all. That way everything that I will get is a bonus, which makes me happy. [big grin]

I'm not expecting snow textures, xmas things or fireworks myself tbh. I mean it would be cool just not likely as I feel there are more important things to add then these right now for myself at least.

Same thing for me... yes, it could be cool, but I would like the devs to take more time to work on gameplay.

YES, Snow confirmed. New transport rides confirmed. Great, I'm pleased so far [big grin] Thank you, Frontier, keep on going!!! [big grin][big grin][big grin]

Gingerbread theme new as well as new MANAGEMENT options/information stuff. YES ;-)

Last edited:
Top Bottom