ANNOUNCEMENT Community Update (22/10)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I’m really glad about the focus on the core game and the bugs. I really want to see some focus and fixes brought into PowerPlay. I think PP needs a major overhaul, but obviously that is well out of scope of anything preceding the 2020 refresh, so I hope to see at least some QoL improvements and fixes that are MUCH needed to the PP community.

As for the delay in carriers, yes, it’s disappointing, but at the expense of, hopefully, a more stable, more balanced game, and fewer bugs upon carrier release. Oh, and more time for me and others to build our credit balances to afford carriers and all their extras or whatever LOL
Powerplay is dead. Fdev have no plans to work on it

Community - WE WANT MORE CONTENT!!

Frontier - Ok here's more content

Community - BUT WHERE ARE THE BUG FIXES?! WE'RE WAITING!!

Frontier - Ok, we're going to concentrate on Bug Fixes and will delay the content slightly

Community - NO WE WANT CONTENT!

Repeat ad nauseum. The Developers lot is rarely a happy one.

I wonder if FDev ever thought about hiring a second programmer so they could work on updates and fixes. I mean, back during the kickstarter-thing they told us the thing would be modular so they would be able to work on multiple areas at the same time. Why not start doing it?

Thank you!

It must have been a difficult time for everyone working on this, especially with us all being so vocal in our disappointment when it didn't come off as well as hoped.

Fixing the things that prevent us from enjoying the game, and taking the time and effort to give us the new fun things once they work right will be much appriecated.

Hopefully letting us help you help us though a Beta will be useful.

Thanks Will,
There's a lot to take in here and It's clear that many uncomfortable meetings have been had back at Frontier HQ.
Your openness on this feels like an important signal of intent and personally I think these are all good choices.
Are you able to clarify whether and in what form betas may (or may not) be extended to console players?

Crow x

Well, it sucks to have the carriers delayed....but....the game's been pretty much unplayable for me. Invincible thargoid glitches and all that put me off too much. Please fix some of the longstanding bugs. One of the worst ones during DW2 was the amplified SRV damage bug that's literally the most known about and longstanding unfixed bug that caused a big headache during the expedition. Have friends? Want to play around in SRV's? Having more than 4 commanders in an instance made those things more fragile than wet paper.

Want to do some wing core mining? Not happening, ordnance detonation was severely glitched to the point that it didn't matter if you were in a wing or not. If you had multiple commanders around you just weren't core mining and that's all there is to it.

Yes please fix bugs. Carriers would be sweet and all, but that would've been putting the cart before the horse.

So, we are still going to see Carriers in december! That's great news.

It's also great to see them in a beta first. Delaying it by a few weeks is definitely a good trade for a more stable update. Let's not repeat the drama september was.
I think you misunderstood something.
Update that will be in beta in december is not Fleet Carriers. Those are moved to second quarter of 2020. Which in reality means something like 6 months.
December beta is for something (fixes I presume) to be released at the beginning of 2020.

I wonder if FDev ever thought about hiring a second programmer so they could work on updates and fixes. I mean, back during the kickstarter-thing they told us the thing would be modular so they would be able to work on multiple areas at the same time. Why not start doing it?
Thats easy. They do not have the man power on Elite, as they are investing more time in the more profitable games namely Jurassic World and the upcoming new IP. They wont redirect manpower away from these to do both.

Will Flanagan

Product Manager
Frontier
Thanks Will,
There's a lot to take in here and It's clear that many uncomfortable meetings have been had back at Frontier HQ.
Your openness on this feels like an important signal of intent and personally I think these are all good choices.
Are you able to clarify whether and in what form betas may (or may not) be extended to console players?

Crow x

Hi @Allcrowsareblack,

It's certainly something we'd like to do and we're currently looking into it! We'll be able to confirm this at a later date.

With so many betas, I do hope it gives an opportunity to live test

Well, half of FD are reading this thread right now, maybe they could tell us if Powerplay will ever see improvements.
I have it on good authority that Open Only is never coming. That is the only way to truly fix PP, in my opinion.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom