ANNOUNCEMENT Community Update (22/10)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Dear Will Flanagan,
dear Elite Devs,

THANK YOU in capital letters for the willingness to do what you said you'll do in 2018... the "bug fix year".

IF you really plan to address bugs'n'glitches now, everyone will be happy and soon all the trouble will be forgotten.

IF you DON'T, things will become ridiculous.

So THANK YOU, but please keep your promises.

DaBird.

PS: No one gives a damn if the gank busses are ready in 12/19 or 4/20 as long as you know what you're doing to the game, introducing these tools...

Honestly, I was afraid that fleet carriers would totally break the game given how susceptible it was to bugs. Thus I have mixed feelings about the delay. Also, IIRC, Beyond was supposed to a series of patches improving the game, which I presumed would improve the stability but they worked on QoL improvements mostly. Yeah, I have mixed feelings about this news. I want ED to be a dream to play but want new shiny stuff too. But I guess its unrealistic to ask for both.

Frontier, please make good use of the time. Don't be afraid to take big decisions which can improve the game but are constrained by initial design decisions. Most of us love and would support the game even after the end of its life. Looking forward to a better experience in playing the game.

o7

Last edited:

Jenner

I wish I was English like my hero Tj.
I applaud the effort to correct longstanding bugs. The decision to delay content in favor of that can't have been easy and FD will obviously take some flak for it. I myself am not playing all that much nowadays as I really do need a big, new content drop to get me excited to fire it up again. So.... huzzah for bug fixes, but I'll remain in cryo sleep for the time being. ;)

„As a result of our updated plans, we have made the difficult decision to defer the release of Fleet Carriers. We are now planning for Fleet Carriers to be released in an update in the second quarter of 2020, rather than in December 2019 as previously stated.“

THIS IS A JOKE, RIGHT????
ARE YOU MAD?

Far and few bugs?

Also, you didn't hear about the petition, I take it.

The petition was to be kept in the loop about development. I wasn't personally too fond of that petition because its better to get surprised when it comes to this kind of stuff, but when the community doesn't trust the developers to actually get that content out I can see how its a problem.

And yes, far and few bugs. Look at Star Citizen, and look at Elite. Comparatively this game is finished and doesn't owe us a thing. Use the same thing on NMS, and again, far and few bugs. The bugs there are, are almost NEVER game breaking. It's just quality of life stuff.

„As a result of our updated plans, we have made the difficult decision to defer the release of Fleet Carriers. We are now planning for Fleet Carriers to be released in an update in the second quarter of 2020, rather than in December 2019 as previously stated.“

THIS IS A JOKE, RIGHT????
ARE YOU MAD?

It has happened before...

While the content drought will continue and that will undoubtedly cause players to get bored and leave, focusing on stability is imo the right call to make. However I remain skeptical that FDev will actually be able to live up to this promise of bug fixes, as the last "bug fixing" period was underwhelming to say the least.

All I can say is... LOL.
Its beyond funny at this point.

Seriously. What is actually going on over there?

Also...where is Braben? Has he checked out?

Probably a smart move at this point.

My theory? Braben only ever really wanted to make a modern take on the Elite series. He's technically completed that at this point. At a very base level, Elite Dangerous is really just an upgraded Elite 1984. All this multiplayer stuff is probably, to him, unnecessary fluff. He's done what he's set out to do, so he doesn't particularly care what happens next - he just wants to go back to making rollercoaster/park simulators.

So what it boils down to is...
Introduction of ARX has cost us Fleet Carriers.
Again.

To the surprise of absolutely no one. Not gonna lie, it's getting harder and harder to stay interested in Elite these days. All of this should have been figured out back in 2015.

Community: Frontier Don't Communicate Enough

Frontier Communicate

Community: RAAAAAAAA I Am angry about this communication!!!
]
Nah. Not angry about communication. Angry about FDev´s total lack of dedication to this game.
I mean:
2018: Focus on bugs, not content.
2019: Focus on bugs, not content. (Yet we all know how eg. the "September Update" turned out)
2020: "Perhaps the content we promissed to deliver in 2018"

Well i for one applaud the backbone shown here by FD. I'm more than happy to give the devs a pat on the back if they deserve it, and to concentrate on some serious bug fixing and making the game as playable as possible without some drama happening is seriously the best news i've heard all year from FD.

I'm more than happy for the Fleet Carriers to be delayed as it's not something i care too much about anyway. Beta testing returning however, is something i do care about, and i for one am glad of its return. A seriously sensible decision guys, well done. Let's convert all the good will into quashing those bugs, as many as you guys can fix, as it adds a stable platform for you to bolt the new goodies onto.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom