Compendium of Odyssey planetary life Codex requirements

Update: this is no longer being updated, as I rolled it back into the complete Compendium of Codex requirements.

This is an off-shoot of my Compendium of Codex requirements, to list and research the requirements for new planetary life in Odyssey, on thin atmospheric planets. It's very much a work-in-progress right now, especially with the Codex being bugged and only showing you entries you've found, not others'.

So, you can find the sheet here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QduaqywPzDme9_bMl3Xt-TlHjBVmL8s-0sHBQgE-rdU/edit?usp=sharing

If you've found anything not in there yet, please post it here! (Especially with the Codex not working now, grumble)

Thanks go to @Mooing for helping fill out and maintain the sheet.

Last edited:

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
Nice.

I haven't found any life yet, and looking through the Codex at other regions it doesn't seem as though any has been found anywhere. I guess that's one of the things that's bugged. Do you know if there's an issue(s) for Codex stuff?

Nice.

I haven't found any life yet, and looking through the Codex at other regions it doesn't seem as though any has been found anywhere. I guess that's one of the things that's bugged. Do you know if there's an issue(s) for Codex stuff?

I'm in the galactic center and according to my codex I have two (i believe) reported and confirmed entries. Not sure if anyone else can see that also.

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
I'm in the galactic center and according to my codex I have two (i believe) reported and confirmed entries. Not sure if anyone else can see that also.
Nope. There are only Solid Mineral Spheres, Anemones, Sinuous Tubers and Metallic Crystals showing under the Organic Structures tab for me.

I assume that's where they show (they're not under Geology and Anomalies either).

Nope. There are only Solid Mineral Spheres, Anemones, Sinuous Tubers and Metallic Crystals showing under the Organic Structures tab for me.

I assume that's where they show (they're not under Geology and Anomalies either).

Yes. That where they're shown for me. Another bug then I guess.

Yeah, nobody can see Odyssey-related entries in the Codex right now. What you can see is that the entry count in regions is increasing, so at least they are getting registered.
If anyone can give me an issue link, I'll vote on it.

And once that bug is fixed, I expect I'll fill out quite on lot on this sheet. The IOS has well over 200 entries now.

Deleted member 38366

D
All I'm seeing are my own Codex Discoveries - which currently looks as if I was the 1st Discoverer (very unlikely).

As of right now, I'm also assuming this is simply bugged. Not unexpected, considering we're now apparently in Alpha Testing Phase 5 lol

I did discover things that looked like stacked plates made of stone , but after reading this i doubt i was first like the Codex said i was lol

Deleted member 38366

D
Darn, now all my new Discoveries (Odyssey) are gone from the Codex again.

Apart from having no idea what I've scanned already now and often not being able to make any sense of the funny names I see in the DSS Filters... yeah, totally bugged.

Nice.

This bug was fixed in the hotfix so the compendium has been massively updated.

Yeah, we've fully catalogued the IOS as of yesterday night, still in the process of looking through other regions to see what might be there that's not in the IOS. I expect there'll be plenty of new ones to add over time, especially if it turns out that every (or most) new Odyssey life shows up in every region.

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
I have just found 3 entries in Newton's Vault, all on the same planet.

K class star, I thought a screenshot would be easier ;)
z.jpg

Stratum Tectonicas
Osseus Spiralus - Indigo
Bacterium Alcyoneum - Green

It turns out that some requirements written into the Codex can be wrong, as was the case with other life before already. Electricae Radialem have been found far away from nebulae, and Concha Aureolas, which is said to require atmospheric nitrogen, has been found in pure ammonia atmospheres as well. So, as before, take what's written in the Codex with a grain of salt, it might not all be correct.

If there are more such errors found, I'll add them in the Notes section, I won't post them here one by one.

Top Bottom