Compliments on the Phantom

How much work is it to get the Guardian FSD Booster? I took one look at Guardian stuff when it first came out and have never looked back even once. Might have to change my view on that, though

If you like the thought of being able to add 8 to 10Ly to FSD range on most any of the ships, then the FSD module is a must and just doing the guardian work for it only will take 2 to 3 hours, a single decent long session. The naysaying of the guardian "grind" has for too long been exaggerated even after the big change in required blueprints over the summer. It's hardly a longer activity than SRV terrain mining for rare engr mats. (imo, the FSD booster could be the biggest core game affecting change of the whole Beyond season)

Last edited:
The Guardian grind is actually only mind numbing when you decide to grind enough to unlock all modules and SLF's. In retrospect. It only took me maybe 12 hours to do that.

The Guardian grind is actually only mind numbing when you decide to grind enough to unlock all modules and SLF's. In retrospect. It only took me maybe 12 hours to do that.

Thank god they reduced the requirements, used to take me 4 -6 hours just for one module because it took, like 8 Blueprints for each.

The Anaconda can exceed 80 ly (mine is around 78). But yes, 67 ly is pleasant enough.

My exploration Annie is kitted-out with all the same stuff as my AspX (but nothing more) and it's got an extra 32t fuel-tank and it jumps 81Ly.
If I remove the extra fuel tank it gets an extra 4Ly but it burns through 32t of fuel in 2 or 3 jumps so I like having the extra tank.

The naysaying of the guardian "grind" has for too long been exaggerated even after the big change in required blueprints over the summer.

This is true but we should also bear in mind all the stuff about how certain mat's/scan don't drop even though they're the same, or lower, tier than the stuff that does drop.

It's not the end of the world but it's not fun and it is frustrating.

Still looks like it was built upside down.

Not really sure what to think of the Krait Scout.. probably wind up as much as my Krait Explorer... or did I get them backwards?

I like the phantom, but my DBX just has a bit more range... however, after some tweaking of numbers I think I found my new deep space miner.

Krait Phantom vs Krait Mk II for DWE2 comes down a bit as to whether or not I want to take a fighter bay along. Starting to think there's not much point since we can't dismiss our ships so unlike SRVs there's probably not that much chance for shenanigans with them.

The Krait MkII gets ~10LY less range on a similar build, but significantly tankier. Yes, I'm taking a combat build. Personally I'm really not keen on the min-maxing for roles. There's also no way I'd ever leave a slot empty; even if I just stick a cargo bay into it for "just in case", and there's no way I'd ever go exploring without some weaponry (not that they'd make any difference in the event of an actual encounter..)

Anyone play swtor? Thats the sith force class ship realized in elite, completely the same spirit of design.

Not sure if im evil or can live without the fighter hangar though.

The best new ship that's coming in 3.4 is the beluga, hell yeah, finally.

Anyone play swtor? Thats the sith force class ship realized in elite, completely the same spirit of design.

Not sure if im evil or can live without the fighter hangar though.

The best new ship that's coming in 3.4 is the beluga, hell yeah, finally.

The Beluga would make a great command ship for a fleet. Fantastic wrap around view, very good maneuverability in SC for a large ship, decent speed , shield isn't great but hull defenses are.

Too bad we don't have ground troops and shuttles :)

I have to admit that I also love the PHANTOM !

I'm not really into having a lot of ships...got 1 billion credits sleeping in my bank...I only own a DBX & a Krait MK II fully G5 ...but that Phantom...definitely going to be my exploration ship !

From what I have seen until it exploded, the Krait Phantom really looks awesome. Very streamlined and it still looks and sounds like there is some Guardian tech build in, though they didn't mention that I think. If the jumprange is as decent as I believe it will be, this will completely substitute my AspX. I loved the Krait MKII and will jump the Phantom as soon as it is available. Only thing so far I didn't like was the placement of the second seat, which is right behind the pilot's seat.

Concerning the fact that it's a variant, I really don't care at all about that. It's not like the old Krait is outdated or not useful anymore and why not reuse an earlier ship design and repurpose it? Happens a lot in real life with cars. On top of that it's much less dev time I think, and I think one new ship and a variant is a pretty good ratio for an update that big.

But most important: It seems I will finally have my most decent explorer Krait! Harr! Just need a name...

The Phantom looks nice... will probably replace my Asp Explorer Taxis with it... it's faster, more sturdy, greater firepower while still retaining the same jumprange...

Guess the Phantom is going to make The AspX obsolete.

Top Bottom