Parks Coney Island 1950!

Thank you guys for all the wonderful comments. I have actually given a lot of thought to making the place a little grungy, so maybe we'll see that soon!

Art imitating life imitating Planet Coaster! I found several pictures online from Woody Allen's Wonder Wheel film, that takes place in the 1950's, and they did film on Coney Island, where they redecorated a number of buildings for the film. Here's one example;

My version;

Thank you chewiebacco for the roll up doors. You can find them on the workshop here;

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1380246154

I may change up a few of the signs, but I kind of like it!

you can achieve this older beat up look with skillful placing of billboards and using texture pictures to get this kind of fill. It can be done on walls and/or the ground.
Ok, but does life have to be as difficult as possible? hehe

I made a Steel-Bolt to fasten a pole in my park. I like to have some realism. I made it from 2 Pipes. The end of the pipes are like a Half bolt, so 2 made an almost perfect 6-corned bolt. I am glad i only needed 1 bolt.

Last edited:
Wow, citytrader!! You've really captured the look of the Tornado Bobs! I used to stare at pictures of it when I was younger in all my roller coaster books...so that makes me an expert. ha ha! I LOVE this.

That was the first wooden coaster I was ever on! I scrolled up to see the PlanCo version of that screen shot, not realizing that WAS the PlanCo version, that's how realistic that picture looks.

Wow, citytrader!! You've really captured the look of the Tornado Bobs! I used to stare at pictures of it when I was younger in all my roller coaster books...so that makes me an expert. ha ha! I LOVE this.
That was the first wooden coaster I was ever on! I scrolled up to see the PlanCo version of that screen shot, not realizing that WAS the PlanCo version, that's how realistic that picture looks.
Thank you both very much! I'm thrilled you like it!

Here's the reverse angle of the coaster;

One of the many food vendors;

The completed haunted house with a zombie ticket taker!

Was that haunted mansion supposed to be a walk through? What was the other haunted house ride through that you posted a screenshot of? It looked like something Bill Tracy would have built. Was that a real ride years ago? If it was, where was it located at Coney?

Do you mean this one?

I already answered you at that time. The Haunted House is loosely based on one still standing in Camden Park, West Virginia;

It is not a Bill Tracy. It was not at Coney Island, but represents dozens of similar ones that were there.

Top Bottom